Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAO Interview

the only negative i can see in that interview is the "possibly" walt being on the team.

no possibly. walt needs to be on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    the only negative i can see in that interview is the "possibly" walt being on the team.

no possibly. walt needs to be on this team.
    Well, he's telling us that Walt is involved, probably doesn't want to spoil a plot thread

Ben

Good death? BAH! It was an insult, and the street level Avengers could do so well against the Collective while AF falls?...bull!

Anyways yeah I could see some tension with Sasquatch and Omega Flight, as Walt might not want to forget the past and his mental state won't be the best. Anyways I'm sure Shaman is dead, but will appear astral form like his grandfather did for him to Talisman.
    ===
    "Talisman goes off on Tony Stark at one point, possibly my favorite moment in the book."

Can't wait for that

bendis is oemings buddy, even if he doesn't agree with the death, he is not going to trash his friend.

but we can do it for him.

the more i read the more i am looking forward to this book.

talisman ripping into tony stark will be worth the price of the book alone.

Yes, things keep looking better for Omega Flight.

BTW, there's a poll up over at members3.boardhost.com/AlphFlight as to who Guardian is. I picked Mac Hudson, even though I'd rather see Feedback take on the role.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The big push seems to be Mighty Avengers...

...and that may be the reason for the apprehension. WIZARD looks like its slated a second cover-story on MA within 6 or 7 months! Incredible.
    When is Marvel planning on promoting Omega Flight? 5 months after the first issue comes out?

I've always wondered: is it better for five people to buy 10 copies of a book, or attract 50 people to buy one copy? When do the people who buy multiple copies decide to stop buying multiple copies? After the initial bump from speculators for another # 1, will it drop off?

I'm in, will get at least two copies of #1, but I hope OMEGA FLIGHT gets the wide and loyal readership it deserves.

Keep the faith.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Good death? BAH! It was an insult, and the street level Avengers could do so well against the Collective while AF falls?...bull!

Anyways yeah I could see some tension with Sasquatch and Omega Flight, as Walt might not want to forget the past and his mental state won't be the best. Anyways I'm sure Shaman is dead, but will appear astral form like his grandfather did for him to Talisman.
    ===
    "Talisman goes off on Tony Stark at one point, possibly my favorite moment in the book."

Can't wait for that
    Alpha never got good attention though... I mean Sabretooth took Sasquatch apart... It doesn't make sense. I'm hopeful now since I see Sassie laying the beat on the wrecking crew though.

I'd like the following explained: Half of the New Avengers get taken down by one member of the wrecking crew, this includes Spider Man, Wolverine, and etc.

These same New Avengers then proceed to completely gauss the Collective.

Walt along with the rest of AF has his hairy behind kicked.

Walt takes down the entire wrecking crew.

I mean I'm assuming there isn't a dramatic reversal in the pages to follow what we've been given but still...

I'd like some sort of an explanation along the lines of: "When Shaman saw the blast he instinctively summoned ancient magics, siphoning off 9/10s of the collective's power while sacrificing himself in the process."

CNI: What impact will that have on Omega Flight? What side are they on?

Oeming: Canada already has a registration act, but they aren’t crazy like America is so they don’t care other than that once again, they have to deal with America's problems, just like gun crime and pollution.
    Eh eh eh...Not to get into a big political thing, but this is the best that I've seen the book's concept described, in a brief way.

We've discussed the Canadian heroes that could participate, but I wonder about the American ones that could get involved. I haven't read the Ms Marvel issue involving Arachne (please don't spoil it for me, 'cause I'll be buying it ) but I didn't get the sense that she was sent to deal with the problem. It sounds like USAgent is the only one (if "sent" is the right term...I have yet to read his story too ).

I'm curious about two possibilities:

a) USAgent calling the U.S. government and saying "Hey, I don't know if you've heard, but it's a pretty long border. L'il help?". Probably out of character but you get the idea. I could see a situation similar to DC's Suicide Squad where certain characters are sent almost as punishment (which sounds like what ws done with USAgent anyway). Or perhaps someone we've only ever known as a villain is sent. "For every year you serve up there, we'll take another one off your sentence."

b) Along similar lines, I started a thread before about what characters we might like to see added later. It was a little difficult to pick a non-Alpha character. But I'm thinking that if indeed the US government was pressued (somehow) into providing more help, they might send a couple of Guardsmen from Project Pegasus. I've always liked that armour. And being that omega has reasonable facsmiles of Captain america and Thor, having a character wearing armour originally based on Iron Man's...

In looking up that possibility, I came across Radion.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/radionsorel.htm

Henri Sorel. "Presumably French". With a name like that, he could actually be from Quebec, as well.

Anyway, just thinking out loud...in writing.

Hmmm... If I remember correctly the Canadian Military in the MU already has a whole bunch of (I'm assuming not Iron Man calibre) type armoured suits. I don't remember the issue, but the Military had AF try and take them down.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Hmmm... If I remember correctly the Canadian Military in the MU already has a whole bunch of (I'm assuming not Iron Man calibre) type armoured suits. I don't remember the issue, but the Military had AF try and take them down.
    It was Byrne era... Right before "Guardian" showed up again. So, what, #25?
    Yeah, that sounds right.

I think they weren't armour, so much as remote-controlled robots, and Alpha Flight were simply testing them. Nothing seemed to come of it.

- Le Messor
    Angel: Careful with this gift. Lots of things that seem strong and good and powerful, they can be painful.
    Buffy: Like, say, immortality?
    Angel: Exactly. I'm dying to get rid of that.

Don't forget the Epsilons of Dept H had armour too.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Don't forget the Epsilons of Dept H had armour too.
    I did remember that, but it doesn't seem to be anything Iron Man like. In other words, I don't believe that it's anything other than protection.

Something just caught my eye from the interview. First he says:

Oeming: ... Sasquatch is in the book- maybe on the team. Maybe...
    Then when asked about Guardian

CNI: Guy in the Guardian suit – he couldn't get on a hockey team?

Oeming: Is hockey with the puck or egg shaped ball?
    Egg shaped ball? Is that football? Sasquatch MAY be in it, Guy in the Guardian suit MAY have played with a football? hmm...

Well I think Mr. Oeming just gave it away with that little comment. I'm just surprised it took us that long to figure it out lol

You may be right...or he could have been trying to make the point that he doesn't know the first thing about sports.