Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAO Interview

Default MAO Interview

There's a Mike Oeming Interview at Mania Comics.

Snippet

MANIA: What are your short term goals with Omega Flight?

OEMING: I won't lie -- numbers. We need this book seen. We need it read. I'll do anything I can to spread the word. We can't have another failure behind another Flight title. We just can't. Its do or die for me on this one. We need the fans to really step up to help spread the word.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

hmmmm...He's a bit nervous of it failing.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    hmmmm...He's a bit nervous of it failing.
    with history what it is, wouldn't you be? At least he's dedicated to making it viable.

Ben

I'd much rather he be concentrating on making the book sell then, say, making it "funny".

Sounds more like one of my students, always downplaying her abilities, gets A+ on most anything she tries her hand at.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Sounds more like one of my students, always downplaying her abilities, gets A+ on most anything she tries her hand at.
    I don't get the sense that he questions his own ability, but that he feels that ultimately, no matter how good it is, if the word doesn't get out there it won't matter. Marvel won't keep a great non-selling book on the market.

I can kind of see his point. I've seen folks on other message boards already show some pessimism towards the cast. One guy in particular said he loves team with B-characters but doesn't know if these area actually at the B-level. I'm sure many feel that way.

Wolverine needs to be in issue #1 to give it a boost in sales.

And maybe write the words "Neil Gaiman" somewhere on the cover.

Well...I'm doing as much as I can. My comics dealer will be pulling two copies of OF every month for me. I'd get, like, ten issues a month just to try to help, but I'm weak! I have to have other comics too!

I just have to say how jazzed I am about this book.

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

i hope this comic last. i'll be picking up 2 copies maybe three. i just got my 12yr cousin in to comics by giving him som extra AF comics i had. he loves them and he's always asking for more. so for christmas him AF #1 and i told him about Omega. He got real excited and he can't wait. just like me!!!
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

*sigh* Woe is me. I'd LOVE to help out with the sales expedition, but alas, new family, upcoming wedding, no comic shop within a 6 hour drive and low-end job makes things a tad scarce to get these things....

*le sigh* sad is me
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

6 hours? Well, finally somebody has a longer drive than my 2.5!

Another MAO interview here, talks about OF and Red Sonja, a lot about OF in there. Good news for Talisman fans, some closure coming about their death in New Avengers, even Sasquatch.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Another MAO interview here, talks about OF and Red Sonja, a lot about OF in there. Good news for Talisman fans, some closure coming about their death in New Avengers, even Sasquatch.
    Hmm, not sure I like the comment that he thought AF had a good death. But then again, I don't think he'd bash Bendis anyway if he thought otherwise.

If the series cannot make it without 'Wolverine' then forget it!! Fans will probably lap up his appearances and then jump ship.

It looks to me like this will be a great series. FAB Writer, FAB artist(great on deadlines), character dynamics. Respect for and obvious interest in Canada(as per MO's queries here).

Wolverine IF he appears would be best handled ala Alpha Flight circa issue 13-18.post Mac's death, in a stetson and jeans, chewing the cud with a tired Heather. Let's see Wolverine the man, not the slash and hack, IF we have to see him at all!! I mean..Uncanny, Origins, Own Book, Astonishing,Avengers....YAWNNNN!!

CNI: Which of these characters are you most excited about using?

Oeming: Talisman. I’ve had the most fun with her. Or Walter, he's great too, lots to deal with there. Lots of history.

I think that’s really interesting stuff. Talisman goes off on Tony Stark at one point, possibly my favorite moment in the book.
    Excellent. Talisman and Walter are great choices. Hopefully more survived the incident. Even if they are injured or wheelchair-bound, just to have them around would be great... just as long as Mac doesn't become the wheelchair-bound, Prof H.

I loved all the promos and mentions of OF in the first few months. Hopefully they do the same near the launch like they're doing for Thunderbolts. I'm just scared an April launch will mean some people won't be able to afford the book because all of the other avengers and post-CW books will have started already. Or worse if it's not promoted, be forgotten.

Marvel’s characters are all tied up doing stuff, it was very hard to get team members.
    I just hope to god he's not talking about the twins or Jefferies.

"Sorry Oeming, can't have them. We have to brainwash the twins for a 4th time and we're busy keeping Jefferies in Limbo. Though you can choose anyone two of the following: Arachne, USAgent, the Kangaroo or Rocket Racer."

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    *sigh* Woe is me. I'd LOVE to help out with the sales expedition, but alas, new family, upcoming wedding, no comic shop within a 6 hour drive and low-end job makes things a tad scarce to get these things....

*le sigh* sad is me
    advance order with an online comic store, you'll get it just a week after release, and what's 3 bucks a month eh?