Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmation on Alpha Flight Classic

Hybrid View

Taken from Marvel Blog, about half way down opposite the cover to the 'Champions' book

That's 60 classic books [each year], Essentials, Masterworks, etc. First you come up with these idea and it seems so abstract and then you do the research, write the solicit and before you know it you're getting the pages in. We're working on Alpha Flight Classic,...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Split from previous topic cos it appeared overlooked...

Excellent, wonder what stories it will be.

We're working on Alpha Flight Classic, which a lot of people have been asking for--the Byrne stuff.

Ha! didn't bother clicking the link, but that's great news.

And not before time!! They should launch it with Omega 1, to generate more interest. Never mind the bl**dy Champions!!

It's high time! Fans have been asking for the Byrne stories to be reprinted for ages. I'm glad Marvel has finally taken notice.

Really excited for this.

What are the "Classic" formats anyways? Are they just normal trades? Are they in volumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Really excited for this.

What are the "Classic" formats anyways? Are they just normal trades? Are they in volumes?
    Are they old stories reworked by Kevin Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee
    And not before time!! They should launch it with Omega 1, to generate more interest. Never mind the bl**dy Champions!!
    I liked the Champions...

So did I, but not as much as Alpha Flight!! They reprinted Byrnes WCA vision quest storyline before Alpha Flight??? I love that story, but his Alpha run is more of a classic!!

If memory serves me correctly, the Classic books are several volumes (way more than in a TPB) combined. However, and here is the crappy thing, they are printed on near newsprint quality paper in B&W.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    If memory serves me correctly, the Classic books are several volumes (way more than in a TPB) combined. However, and here is the crappy thing, they are printed on near newsprint quality paper in B&W.
    Yep, DC does the same thing.

I think you guys are describing the "Essential" line. I saw a "Classic" in a store the other day and it was in colour.

What's the quality on those? The Visionaries line is the standard trade format. Is it equal or less than that?