Default Re: status question on some members

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    what is the current status or last known status of
    Jeffries
    Wildchild
    Aurora
    Diamond Lil
    Purplegirl
    Jeffries-Powered, last seen making a Sentinel army with the former Director of Weapon X. His current where abouts is unknown.
    WildChild-Depowered, he was fighting a Weapon X war but since House of M he has been depowered. We have yet to see him again in his depowered state.
    Aurora-Powered, recently upgraded with her brother by the Children of the Vault. Shield has them trying to reprogram them. They will be appearing shortly in the X-Men annual
    Diamond Lil-Powered, one of the memebers of thr 198 and made a cameo in the X-Men series.
    Purplegirl-Powered, last appearance was in the Weapon X Neverland Concentration Camp

As I recall

Jeffries : On the lam with the Director of Weapon X. Jeffries, The Director and Aurora escaped after the coup at the compound (?). Aurora has since left and Jeffries is still out there.

Wildchild : Still at Weapon X as head of security, but powerless since the 'House of M'.

Aurora : Recently resurfaced alongside a ressurected Northstar attacking the X-Men on behalf of some group who's name I can't recall at present. They are presently in the custody of the X-Men, but some resolution to their status should be taking place in an upcomong X-Men annual.

Diamond Lil : Still part of the 198, but unsure of her exact loccation. She may be at the X-Mansion, with Apocalypse or in some underground Stark Bunker (Civil War : X-Men for details).

Persuasion : Not sure if she's been seen since vol 1, but with her dad figuring in Civil War : Choosing Sides, she may be reappearing in Omega Flight or Civil War : Initiative? (Just read KM's message, did she appear in Weapon X? I understood that she was going to, but Diamond Lil took that place, something to do with a colouring prob?)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Persuasion : (Just read KM's message, did she appear in Weapon X? I understood that she was going to, but Diamond Lil took that place, something to do with a colouring prob?)
    She didn't physically appear, but 198 guide came out and the entry for Persuasion states she was indeed at the camp.

WildChild-Depowered, he was fighting a Weapon X war but since House of M he has been depowered. We have yet to see him again in his depowered state.
    Check out New Excalibur #9, you see him and Chamber get depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Check out New Excalibur #9, you see him and Chamber get depowered.
    Yeah I have that issue, but after the House of M bang...we don't see him again

King Mungi wrote: Aurora-Powered, recently upgraded with her brother by the Children of the Vault. Shield has them trying to reprogram them. They will be appearing shortly in the X-Men annual

Does this mean they're helping the twins get back to normal, while leaving poor Kyle still brainwashed by Weapon X? (Granted, recovering a psychotic, feral mutant from an evil organization would be a bit dangerous.) He was such a great character with X-Factor, it's a waste what they've made him into now...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    King Mungi wrote: Aurora-Powered, recently upgraded with her brother by the Children of the Vault. Shield has them trying to reprogram them. They will be appearing shortly in the X-Men annual

Does this mean they're helping the twins get back to normal, while leaving poor Kyle still brainwashed by Weapon X? (Granted, recovering a psychotic, feral mutant from an evil organization would be a bit dangerous.) He was such a great character with X-Factor, it's a waste what they've made him into now...
    Trying to, as SHIELD tried to deprogram the HAND's alterations on Northstar before. For all we know since he retuned back to his human apperance (if mind you) he might have retuned sane. I thought his character was horrible in X-Factor, basically they flat out ignored his development that happened in Alpha Flight.

edit: Have you seen the Wild Child respect thread I created?

No, I haven't, I'll check it out.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

No, I haven't, I'll check it out.
    Enjoy

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t427954.html

NIIIICE! All those pictures.... Just one thing, I thought Kyle was supposed to be in his twenties, not a teenager. He was shown training with Wolverine in a Marvel Comics Presents flashback from 1974 (Which would make him even older, I was born in 1977 and I'll be 30 next year....) Of course, sliding timescales and all that, but you do have a point...

I thought the explanation for his leaving made sense myself...

I personally liked his "laugh through the pain" personae in X-Factor better than his brooding Alpha self, but that's just me. Wolverine broods enough for all of us...

NIIIICE! All those pictures.... Just one thing, I thought Kyle was supposed to be in his twenties, not a teenager. He was shown training with Wolverine in a Marvel Comics Presents flashback from 1974 (Which would make him even older, I was born in 1977 and I'll be 30 next year....) Of course, sliding timescales and all that, but you do have a point...

I thought the explanation for his leaving made sense myself...

I personally liked his "laugh through the pain" personae in X-Factor better than his brooding Alpha self, but that's just me. Wolverine broods enough for all of us...
    He is, I even made a comment about how Kyle's age in the thread. X-Factor sucked. One apperance they say he has a healing factor, the next issue they say he doesn't

Well when he was Weapon Omega (one of my favorite chracters) he didn't brood at all. He was a complete and utter badass, and then X-Factor and Weapon X destroyed any credibility he might have had.

I know, I read the thread.

Original Kyle...I did like his odd habit of singing while..."Working" on people...He even did a little Haiku while slashing Sunfire's men. He's a bit like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. A sympathetic killer driven by powers beyond his control (With a little Happy Noodle Boy hissing, growling, ranting lunacy mixed in)...That's how I see him, at least. I'd just prefer him to be vicious and psychopathic for the "good guys", and not look like Bat Boy or Nosferatu.

The profile said something to the effect that if he hadn't been taken in by Weapon X, he might have had a chance to reform, I agree with that completely. They (The Govt, Wolverine, Alpha, everybody...) beat him down, throw him in jail, try to kill him, etc...I think they've given up on helping him, if they ever even tried.

I don't understand what you didn't like about X-Factor Kyle, other than age and immaturity I guess, I like immaturity myself. I can't stand Weapon X though, his personality is totally gone, he's basically a weapon, point him at the enemy and unchain him, that's all...

I have to log off now. Bye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

(Which would make him even older, I was born in 1977 and I'll be 30 next year....)
    That's not a prob. I was born in 1965, and I'll be 17 next year.
    Of course, I had my birthday changed by deed poll.

As always, I preferred Byrne's version (of Wild Child, in this case). He looked different, but not impossibly so. He was a savage killer, but clearly well-educated, with intelligent vocabulary and speech patterns.

Naturally, all the writers after ignored that, and turned him into just another Wolvie clone.

- Le Messor
    "Though my talons are not so impressive as Wolverine's--they are, nonetheless, similarly effective!"
    - Wildchild, AF #12
    (P.S. I wasn't really born in '65.)