Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Oeminga Flight" & Wishful Resolutions to Old

Default "Oeminga Flight" & Wishful Resolutions to Old

I know the whole point of Omega Flight, (what I like to call "Oeminga Flight" ), is to rid the creative team of all of the baggage of old Alpha. That being said, I think it would be interesting to know what everyone's one (or two) wish(es) for old Alpha story resolution would be, if it could be incorporated into the new series. I'm not talking about how you wish the story would be played out, as we all know that writers can't use someone else's ideas from the internet for fear of legal issues. Just wondering what one or two dangling plot threads you would like to see resolved.
    I'll start.

I would love to someday see resolution to:

1. Whether Marrina is indeed alive after the Master's base dissolved, her marriage to the Sub-Mariner & the status of her surviving offspring (Marr? and the second one not seen since the egg hatched...)

2. Jeffries being brainwashed

I'd go with the two instances you've mentioned, but the one thing I want to see resolved is the demise of Alpha. Alpha should not die in some off panel 'yeah, so what' kind of way. Their death should mean something and given who they were/are, it should be detailed and be depicted as something more than a throwaway sentence/panel.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I figure they'll leave Marrina dead, since she's also been mentioned in NA as dead. I'd like resolution, besides what you guys said, to what the Legacies were.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I figure they'll leave Marrina dead, since she's also been mentioned in NA as dead. I'd like resolution, besides what you guys said, to what the Legacies were.
    What issue was this? The last time I remember seeing her, she was in a glass tube in the Masters base during Busieks run on the Avengers

Well technically no one knew she was even in the Master's base let alone in a coma. So they didn't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by reaperbot
    What issue was this? The last time I remember seeing her, she was in a glass tube in the Masters base during Busieks run on the Avengers
    In Young Avengers #12 they rebuilt all the statues of former Avengers that died in battle. Marrina had a statue there.

The Legacies are from Hull House right? Did Seagle ever say anything else about them? Why would "Lil" find "Lilly" farmiliar? Their powers are complete oposites of each other (skin hard as diamond, skin translucient). Was Lilly a clone with a reversed Mutant Gene? Her and Box's daughter? I know Murmur was suposed to be a cousin of the Purple family. Radius was the son of Unus and Flex suposedly the son of Logan. I doubt we'll ever find out. Flex is still my favorite post-Byrne character.

Yes, that was issue issue #47 of the Avengers v.3:

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Marrina was mentioned as dead in the Disassembled storyline, right before Dr. Strange enters the debate, or close to it.

I'd also like to know the status of AF's mutants after M-day.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Marrina was mentioned as dead in the Disassembled storyline, right before Dr. Strange enters the debate, or close to it.

I'd also like to know the status of AF's mutants after M-day.
    Like I mentioned, no one knew she was alive. Just because they mentioned it again doesn't mean she is dead, as for years they believed her to be but it was revealed she was in a coma hidden inside the Master's base.

AF Mutants supposedly did all right out of M Day with a number keeping their powers. I believe that nogoodnik Radius is still out there, shattering my dreams of that cheap Northstar wannabee being really gone.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The only mutants revealed thus far to be depowered are: Radius, Wild Child, Murmur and Windshear

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Yes, that was issue issue #47 of the Avengers v.3:

Love,
    rplass
    And so far as I know.that storyline has not been followed up pn..... yet.

I suspect that they'll follow up on the battle in the first issues, since Oeming indicated that Alpha would be dealt with initially.

At a minimum Alpha Flight should get a memorial service or funeral. I'm really shocked and disappointed that their deaths got no more than a few panels. It would be a great segue into Talisman accepting the mantle of Shaman also.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"