Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight pages from Marvel.com

I don't rememeber which thread, but on Oeming's forum when asked if we'd see MML Jr again, Mike frankly said something like "The only time you'll read MML Jr again will be on his tombstone... if that." Again something like that. Pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I don't rememeber which thread, but on Oeming's forum when asked if we'd see MML Jr again, Mike frankly said something like "The only time you'll read MML Jr again will be on his tombstone... if that." Again something like that. Pretty funny.
    ta da...

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ajor+mapleleaf

This is not news, but I'm sharing anyway:

Originally Posted by Scratchy
    Is the line-up of Omega Flight, besides the three we already know (Beta Ray Bill, US Agent, Arachne), that integral to how Civil War ends?

I know you're wildly interested in all things ALPHA/OMEGA FLIGHT, Scratchy, but I'm afraid my answer at this point remains the same: wait and see. You'll know more in CIVIL WAR #7, CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE and OMEGA FLIGHT #1.
    Tom B
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    That made me so happy. Who ever choose to name themselves Major Mapleleaf need to died. What a stupid name!
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Oh no, baby Hudson is an orphan! I wonder if her fate will be dealt with in OF? I wish the guys working on the book were here to answer that. Oh wait...!

You know, I figure that image (the one with the 'Sneak peak' that Mr. Oeming said wouldn't last long) is a page before the ones with Sasquatch and the Wrecking Crew at Marvel.com.

Sure looks like the bar fight involves the Wrecking Crew, and the 4th member shows up. They then go on to wreck the town, Sasquatch goes after them. And the glasses are Walter's as he peruses the folders on his new 'recruits'.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins

Hey all, Scott Kolins, here! I'm very excited about this book and very glad that you seem to be as well. Hope you can wait until April, I know it's not going to be easy, but hopefully the time will fly by. And hopefully Marvel will release other bits and pieces along the way! I imagine they will.

Maaaaybe also in the meantime, I can do a sketch or two of whatever Alpha character you'd like to see me try? Maybe we should vote on who the first sketch will be? (and then I need somebody's help posting it.)

BTW- I just finished issue #1 - and had an absolute blast! I love working with Mike Oeming! We are going to make this book ROCK!

Happy Holidays!

Scottk.
    Welcome to the board Scott, glad to have you. I really enjoy your artwork and hope you make a long haul out of Omega Flight (like a certain Scarlet Speedster ). It was your entire run on that series that made me love your work, great job.

MM

i am beyond stoked for this series, and not only because i am a long time alpha fan. the enthusiasm mike and scott is showing for this series can only lead to good things.

i think a lightbulb just went off in my head, and i think the team from na #16 are truly dead...................for now, excpet for sasquatch. mike has said many times he is tring to avoid loose ends, and start fresh.

i think talisman will find inspiration from the death of her father, and someone, either govt. annoited or self appointed will be carrying the mantle of guardian, but i severely doubt it's someone (like groundhog or someone for alpha's obscure past) will be in the suit. plus sasquatch.....awesome. him and beta ray bill on the same team

as far as my favorite old character i would like to see, i always thought windshear had potential, but my favorite to look at was box, the roger bochs version, red was a better color for him i thought.

i had a quick question for scott, did you use byrnes run, or any specific run on alpha as a template on the characters? that sasuatch is the best i've seen since byrne.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    as far as my favorite old character i would like to see, i always thought windshear had potential
    Definetly, he was a great character, great power-set, and very underated. To bad he is retired and of course depowered since House of M

Fantastic to see Walt in the book. It's just not a Flight book without him or Sasquatch in some form.

Thank you all for your kind welcomes!

And Yes, Varo, I have all of Byrne's Alpha's next to me and my drawing board. I even had an old Byrne interview where they showed the 1978 Sasquatch sketch/design he did for their 1st appearence in X-men. Byrne's run is very much my "handbook" on old Alpha Flight. Honestly, as much as I LOVE these characters I only know some of what's happened since AF#28.

Now, I did not copy Byrne's Sasquatch nor intend on copying anything of Byrne's Alphas - and while I whole-heartily agree that Omega needs as fresh a start as possible - I do think a return to at least some of Byrne's sensibilities when handling old Alphans (either visually or in script or both) might be a worthwhile balance to the newness of Omega characters. It would be like drawing the FF and not being influenced by Kirby.

So, after all that bluster and ramble, thank you for digging my Sasquatch - he's an INCREDIBLY fun character to draw.

Happy holidays,

scottk.

thanks Scott. I'm sure i speak for everyone in saying we are extremely excited to have you around both the boards and on omega!

I must admit, I had no clue who the creatif team in Omega Flight were. Now, after reading about them and seeing what they had to say, I must say, I feel more and more like buying the book. I did not even did it for vol.3 as I did not cared for the characters and what the writer did before.

I like the change, but I also like to keep in touch with what Byrne did. Now what been done, but not goes all classic and just copy the old book, that's why I lost interest in FF. I got tired of Sue getting strong and weak over and over again. Same with Johnny going from kid to responsible adult. It's been done too many times. Maybe that's why I like the concept of Omega Flight ?

I hope it's not too hard to get those canadian references and I know that that Ontario license Plate we say in the image will make many canucks happy
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    aha, Sasquatch! Also, who know what characters might turn out not to be dead. Someone like Shaman can be un-killed easily enough, mac has done it so many times that once more isn't out of the picture. Puck has enough mystical connections to find his way back to the land of the living. MML and Puck II I care not about.

Ben
    I could easily see Mac with all of his cyborgness pull off a resurrection ala Major Kusanagi from Ghost In the Shell. (Damn I love that series...)

Or what happened to Mac in Earth X. If he can survive that, he can survive anything.