Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight pages from Marvel.com

Kolins will be great for OF, like Henry was great for AF. Both will be artists we appreciate. Methinks Maniac Mike's avatar is a Great Beats BTW, not Snowbird.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Looking at the filenames of the jpegs, one's 4901245 and the other's 4901262, so they don't necessarilly follow each other, meaning that the guy with the glasses isn't necessarilly Walt.

Although taking the pages into 'Shop and darkening them, it does appear that the general flow of the pages is Walt in some kind of building looking through the files of the US 'heroes' who are assigned to protect Canada when he gets a call about the Wrecking Crew, busts through the door and lands as Sasquatch on them...

All pure guesswork

Yay! Glad you guys are liking. I'll see if I can post larger images of those pages here, they are hard to make out.

Just got all the art of issue 1 in and Im very excited
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

Great! Thanks again! We get OMEGA FLIGHT.

Live it.

I got it pretty well..

1st scan: Wrecking Crew is attacking a town, and a person with a shotgun appears shooting Bulldozer with no effect. He even makes the guy aim the shotgun at his chest to prove it's futile.

2nd scan: Sasquatch jumps on Thunderball, Wrecker charges up his crowbar and is about to attack Sasquatch, but Walter? levels him with a punch. Now Piledriver and Bulldozer are the only ones left looking at Sasquatch

Hey all, Scott Kolins, here! I'm very excited about this book and very glad that you seem to be as well. Hope you can wait until April, I know it's not going to be easy, but hopefully the time will fly by. And hopefully Marvel will release other bits and pieces along the way! I imagine they will.

Maaaaybe also in the meantime, I can do a sketch or two of whatever Alpha character you'd like to see me try? Maybe we should vote on who the first sketch will be? (and then I need somebody's help posting it.)

BTW- I just finished issue #1 - and had an absolute blast! I love working with Mike Oeming! We are going to make this book ROCK!

Happy Holidays!

Scottk.

Oh wow, welcome to the board. Also yeah April seems a long times away, and the excitement not just on this board, but on others is quite positive.

Also great idea, maybe make a seperate thread designated for your sketch?

Hey Mr. K, welcome aboard. Love what I've seen of OF, especially your take on Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    Maaaaybe also in the meantime, I can do a sketch or two of whatever Alpha character you'd like to see me try? Maybe we should vote on who the first sketch will be? (and then I need somebody's help posting it.)Scottk.
    Sounds like a question for the Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    BTW- I just finished issue #1 - and had an absolute blast! I love working with Mike Oeming! We are going to make this book ROCK!

Happy Holidays!

Scottk.
    Cool. I was disappointed the first time I heard the premise of the book, but slowly I've been coming around. Now I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with.

Hiya Scott, welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. People seem very excited about Omega Flight and your art is being very well recieved. Especially that little blue fella that Maniac Mike is using for his avatar (so much speculation as to who or what it is ).

As regard the sketch of Alpha members, I'm sure a poll can be set up so people can vote for who they'd like to see.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The character Maniac Mike is using for his avatar is not going to be appearing in the book as stated by Oeming. However, he looks like the Wendigo from Amazing Spider-Man #277

Oeming talking about the charater:
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...t=omega+flight

Bio for the wind Wendigo:
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/wendigosm.htm

Glad to hear from you Scott. Boy, the enthusiasm is just oozing from you and Oeming.

I was cool to Omega Flight at first, wanting a return to classic Flight. But I think you guys are gonna pull this off just fine.

Nice to hear all the enthusiasm! I can, OK, wait for April I may need good news by then (school closures )

Live it.

Here is something interesting, I was reading the latest issue of Wizard [183] and on page 40 they have a body count of characters who have died from both Marvel and DC. Of course AF is on it, but somebody is missing, can you guess who? Below is an excerpt from the magazine...

ALPHA FLIGHT (Guardian, Major Mapleleaf II, Puck, Puck II, Shaman and Vindicator) in New Avengers #17 (Mar.). Killed by the Collective.

MM

aha, Sasquatch! Also, who know what characters might turn out not to be dead. Someone like Shaman can be un-killed easily enough, mac has done it so many times that once more isn't out of the picture. Puck has enough mystical connections to find his way back to the land of the living. MML and Puck II I care not about.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    aha, Sasquatch! Also, who know what characters might turn out not to be dead. Someone like Shaman can be un-killed easily enough, mac has done it so many times that once more isn't out of the picture. Puck has enough mystical connections to find his way back to the land of the living. MML and Puck II I care not about.

Ben
    haha, you summed it up quite nicely.