Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideal Size of Omega Flight

Default Ideal Size of Omega Flight

We've been through the conversation about what our Alpha Flight dream teams a zillion times, but Omega flight is a little different in that it's not all Canadian.

We know little about the goal of Omega Flight (or there may be more than what we know) so this may be hard to answer, but speaking in general terms, do you tend to prefer...

a) Smaller teams with a (mostly) constantly recurring cast (Say, 5-7 members)?
    b) Larger teams with a somewhat rotating cast? (8+ members)

Also, I don't know if the subject has been approached yet, but can you think of any "fringe" characters that you'd like to see revived in Omega Flight? Again, maybe hard to answer with what we know so far, but can you think of anyone that only appears from time to time that you feel deserves to be used to his/her potential better?

Smaller teams are better for character development. I would like however for them to have a country of reserves that can pop in whenever their powers/numbers are needed.

As for returning characters: Jefferies & Flex. So much potential not being used.

I prefer a small (5-7) AF with recurring visitors. Nemesis is better as a visitor than a member for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    I prefer a small (5-7) AF with recurring visitors. Nemesis is better as a visitor than a member for instance.
    Yeah, I guess a "core" group. I saw someone mention Shroud in another thread and he might make for a good guest appearance from time to time.

If the point is to protect the border, a large group would make more sense but for story-telling purposes, smaller is better.

I don't follow the Marvel Universe enough to think of too many other underused characters that would fit, and I don't really know how Civil War is affecting everyone. If the group will have an International goal, I'd be curious about seeing what some of the Soviet Super Soldiers are up to.

I prefer 5-7 member teams, easier for character develompment, easier to tell stories, and no reason to say, "well why didn't so and so go on the mission, they could've called her up when things got tough," and so on.

Also, 5-7 gives room for more action.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I prefer 5-7 member teams, easier for character develompment, easier to tell stories, and no reason to say, "well why didn't so and so go on the mission, they could've called her up when things got tough," and so on.
    With a group like this, that would be particularly true. It's one thing with team books like Avengers or JLA where a good portion of the members have their own books and their absence can be explained by what's going on in there. Can't really do that with Talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Standard US size, and 22 pages.
    Rim shot! *ba-boom chik!*

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Re: Ideal Size of Omega Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    We've been through the conversation about what our Alpha Flight dream teams a zillion times, but Omega flight is a little different in that it's not all Canadian. ...

a) Smaller teams with a (mostly) constantly recurring cast (Say, 5-7 members)?
    b) Larger teams with a somewhat rotating cast? (8+ members)

Also, I don't know if the subject has been approached yet, but can you think of any "fringe" characters that you'd like to see revived in Omega Flight? Again, maybe hard to answer with what we know so far, but can you think of anyone that only appears from time to time that you feel deserves to be used to his/her potential better?

How about a smaller team of 5-7 members with a somewhat rotating cast?
    Best of both worlds.

I don't want to wait six months to find out who's in the Guardian suit. I don't want to wait six months hoping for some plausible resolution to the Collective tragedy. I don't want to wait six months in the hopes of seeing or reading about key members of Alpha Flight. Please give us something substantive in the first three issues about Alpha and Omega.

And as a nice homage to the 1st and 2nd volumes, the first issue should be double-sized, not like a "regular" comic.

As for fringe characters with potential: Nemesis, Agent K, Epsilon-Black.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

For me it's 5 to 7 members. Keeps the characterization straight and moving. I wouldn't mind seeing Flex and Radius or Jefferies back. Nemesis should pop in at some point. Maybe she'll have cause to take retribution for the Alphans deaths in NA#16. I'd also like to see some Persuasion, especially if the Purple Man is involved in the story.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I would go for 7 members for Omega Flight...

Guardian
    Talisman
    Snowbird*
    U.S. Agent
    Arachne
    Beta Ray Bill
    Jack Frost*

*My wish list. [-o<

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Jack Frost*

*My wish list. [-o<
    Invaders style , why the fascination with Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Jack Frost*

*My wish list. [-o<
    Invaders style , why the fascination with Jack?
    Well, even though he is still stuck in that ice worm up at the North Pole (last seen in Captain America #384), he has potential as a unused character. Plus it would be kinda cool to use him, since Marvel is dusting off all their old 40's and 50's characters.

Just my thought...

MM

I'd prefer a small 5 - 7 member team, but can't see how you can write a Canada based comic without the periodic appearances of various established Canadian heroes.

Needless to say, I would love to see the Epsilons and Department H having a prominent place in post-CW Canada... serving basically he same role that SHIELD serves in the States.

And I'd like to see both MM Sr. And MM Jr. Of course, I have no illusions here. Word from Oeming himself is that we are not going to see either. Or at least that there are rpesently no plans that include them.

Sean Bernard could be Guardian. Talisman is truly on the team, just some people need confirmation. With the three non-Flight members already on board, that leaves the other 3 to be confirmed. I'd like Feedback and Box to make 7, but I doubt that I'll ever get that.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.