Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio-Con Interview

"Old school Alpha Flight fans will be happy with Issue #1 because it actually concentrates on one of the original cast members and somebody else from Alpha Flight's past. So we want to give it a new launch without baggage, but the first issue is definitely dedicated to the roots of Alpha Flight."

When I first saw this and coupled with the initial speculation about Mac, I thought maybe Mac passing on the mantle to a previous member. However, now that we know the big reveal won't be until #3, I'm thinking a very battered and infirm Shaman passing on the mantle to Talisman. Theoretically if Michael can't carry on and given her origins, Elizabeth would be the obvious choice to become the next Sarcee Shaman.

Shaman in his traditional medicine man garb.

Mike Oeming Shaman/Talisman painting.

Pure speculation of course.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hey guys! As always its great reading your ideas and speculation, and nothing makes me happier than to see we have a support system here. Word of mouth is what will make a book like this grow- much like Ares and Thor rose in numbers because of a good word of mouth.

Anyway, great ideas here, just keep in mind that at times speculation becomes "fact" but its still based on speculation

I'll talk to my editors about realeasing some more art.
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

in other words "you guys are on the right track"

as always, thanks for the input mike.

Either he hands it over in a weakened state, or she picks up the mantle after a visit to his grave. Either way we get a little closure on NA#16 and either way she becomes an even more formidible presence on the team.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Either he hands it over in a weakened state, or she picks up the mantle after a visit to his grave. Either way we get a little closure on NA#16 and either way she becomes an even more formidible presence on the team. It might even work better if Michael were dead considering their past. Imagine the emotional baggage she's been carrying that she'll only be able to sobbingly tell to a tombstone, until he takes her on her own quest drop the past pains and become Shaman.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I'd say it'sore likely a revenge or inherited thing for Talisman. Will Guardian be someone chosen by Mac, or Mac himself? To me, that seems to be the direction.

And thanks for popping by, Mr. Oeming.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    in other words "you guys are on the right track"

as always, thanks for the input mike.
    I took it as "just because you wrote it here and it ended up in the book six months later doesn't mean I didn't think of it before you". :P

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Either he hands it over in a weakened state, or she picks up the mantle after a visit to his grave. Either way we get a little closure on NA#16 and either way she becomes an even more formidible presence on the team. It might even work better if Michael were dead considering their past. Imagine the emotional baggage she's been carrying that she'll only be able to sobbingly tell to a tombstone, until he takes her on her own quest drop the past pains and become Shaman.
    I feel confident that the spirit of Shaman will pay a visit to Talisman.

I figure that some of you have said, Talisman joins to fill in Shaman's role, inheriting it, and becoming more powerful. Guardian is Mac but maybe because of NA he can't anymore, so he appoints Wild Child to take over or something like that. And the 6th member is Snowbird, but I'm not sold on it being her, yet.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I figure that some of you have said, Talisman joins to fill in Shaman's role, inheriting it, and becoming more powerful. Guardian is Mac but maybe because of NA he can't anymore, so he appoints Wild Child to take over or something like that. And the 6th member is Snowbird, but I'm not sold on it being her, yet.
    I think Wildchild is too Nosferatu/Golem-looking/acting these days.

I'm still holding out for Jefferies

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead

Wild Child should have returned back to human-looking as he is one of the mutants depowered. I doubt it will be Wild Child

Anyways if Shaman dies, he basically won't be gone from the series. He will turn out to do what his grandfather did for him when ever he doubted his faith.

Going out on a limb here, I'm gonna go for Sean Bernard as the new Guardian. Jeffries and Kyle Gibney are to disturbed due to past experiences. Bernard has had the training, he's proved that he has the spirit of his convictions, he put himself and his liberty on the line to bring down dirty cops. Manikin is to silly for words, why put someone with a power in the suit. If he was de-powered by the House of M, he's prolly gone back to being a doctor.

I know it's a stretch, but given the probable candidates, Bernard seems the most logical.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead

Wild Child should have returned back to human-looking as he is one of the mutants depowered. I doubt it will be Wild Child

Anyways if Shaman dies, he basically won't be gone from the series. He will turn out to do what his grandfather did for him when ever he doubted his faith.
    Which I would be fine with. Even in "comic book time" he'd be pretty old for that stuff, and I've had my fill of super-powered geezers with V3. :P Taht way he can be retired, yet still have a presence.

I don't get the Wild Child speculation either, but I'm not really in tune with what's gone on with him recently. Jefferies makes the most sense to me, but I admit that I also don't know what he's been up to since he sported the Black Jacques Shlack mustache in V2.

Currently Jeffries with the ex-Director of Weapon X making a Sentinel Army and currently a villian

Wild Child was in a Weapon X war when HOM happened leaving him powerless, we havn't seen if he is human or not.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Currently Jeffries with the ex-Director of Weapon X making a Sentinel Army and currently a villian

Okay, maybe he's not such a good choice then...

Walt?