Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio-Con Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    My guesses;

It won't be Mac in the suit. CW isn't far enough in yet for me to guess who, but I'd imagine it's someone fairly high profile, more so than US Agent perhaps.
    The member of the original AF; Snowbird (only one not shown in NA)
    The former member; Talisman
    Mac or Kyle in the suit, no way it's not a Canadian IMHO. It would really hurt sales to say the Hudsons or Dept. H gave the suit away to a foreigner with outside allegiance, after Mac and they fought hard to keep the tech in Canadian hands. Maybe Tygerstryke but I really, really doubt it. Flex? Radius even?

Talisman is a lock.

Original: Snowbird makes the most sense to me right now, without more Civil War hints.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Just as long as it's not Whitman Knapp in the suit...

bah! Manikin I never liked him, he bored me as a character

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    bah! Manikin I never liked him, he bored me as a character
    He just freakin annoyed me. What a lame character, power and name. I remember writing a fan fic where each of his "selves" were killed in battle in seperate incidents. It was good therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    He just freakin annoyed me. What a lame character, power and name. I remember writing a fan fic where each of his "selves" were killed in battle in seperate incidents. It was good therapy.
    haha you know what that is good therapy just hearing that made me smile

This Whitman Knapp sentiment warms my heart. I had a really hard time suspending disbelief for that character.

The only thing that bothers me is that they keep announcing the Americans and not the Flight characters. If it does turn out to be Happy Hogan or Ben Reilly or Harry Osborne as Guardian then you know that Omega Flight's real name is Omerican Flight, or more accurately Force Works in Canada. That would mean they are planning to kill this book faster than Lobdell's.

After all, what if Brevoort et al aren't lying when they say they can't release the names of the true Flight, the names of the characters who USAgent and Arachne are off to help, because it would spoil Civil War?

It would mean that Snowbird is really another tech clone, Talisman is actually Sue Storm with tech upgrades, and Guardian is Hawkeye.

That would be idiotic, but who's to say they're not idiots about this?

After all, they did roll out Lobdell's version as if it was good....

I worry more about things at night...

Live it.

Erg... Not sure how to take that interview... I choose to think that Canadian members aren't being announced because Canadians are too special and our star power overwhelms everything.... I'll be honest, I really think that if given the option to join, it would be quite out of character for Walt to refuse. This man just doesn't go down or give up no matter how many times he almost dies or sees tragedy. I've also never been a fan of Snowbird in particular so... I want Sass!

My biggest fear is that the person in the Guardian suit is just going to be totally unworthy though. Either that or they're going to do a rebirth ala Young Avengers Hawkeye (worked there, wouldn't here) where some guy helps out and they're all like: "You should be Guardian now! Yay!!!"

How many Canadians are actually on this team and how many people in total?

Further News nicked from Newsarama

"Michael Avon Oeming was talking to fans about several projects that he's writing and drawing over the next few months. Oeming is finishing up his four-issue creator-owned story Cross Bronx with co-writer Ivan Brandon as well as continuing as artist on the ongoing Powers comic with writer Brian Michael Bendis. He's also writing Dynamite's Red Sonja series while starting on the Marvel launch of Omega Flight, the new Canadian superhero team that will follow in the footsteps of Alpha Flight.

"The first issue of Omega Flight is written, the outline for the first arc is done, and I've gotten a bunch of art in from Scott Kolins that's just amazing, so I'm really excited about it," Oeming said. "Some of the cast members of Omega Flight are 'outed' at this point. U.S. Agent appeared in the Choosing Sides special that Marvel did where we get to see him going into Canada. We also have Beta Ray Bill. Those are the only ones I can talk about. There is a female character, but at this point, we'll keep her identity secret. And there's somebody in the Guardian outfit."

Will we find out in the first issue who the "somebody" is? "No. No, I think it's Issue #3 or so," he said. "Old school Alpha Flight fans will be happy with Issue #1 because it actually concentrates on one of the original cast members and somebody else from Alpha Flight's past. So we want to give it a new launch without baggage, but the first issue is definitely dedicated to the roots of Alpha Flight."
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Issue 3? So we won't know who's in the suit til JUNE!? Oeming, youre gonna give some people heart attacks here.

Wow, keeping it a secret? That's a great idea, really. Remember how cool the Hobgoblin secret was?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Wow, keeping it a secret? That's a great idea, really. Remember how cool the Hobgoblin secret was?
    Yeah, I very much enjoyed that too, but then they kinda botched the ending with Stern leaving the book and settled for Ned Leeds before correcting it 10 years later.

Anywho, again, anyone but Manikin is fine in my book at this point. I wonder if the first two issues will give hints and create a list of possible suspects like the Hobgoblin stories.

Wow, Issue three. But Issue one is done, so is the first arc? I understand most concerns, and the hints make it sound like either Guardian won't be Hudson or that Guardian won't be joining until issue three, having to be convinced or healing. In an odd way, if it is issue 3 and the first two issues deal with New Avengers, then maybe it is Hudson, again.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Well it's not night so I'm happier now. Good point about the link to NA, maybe Guardian will get his suit in #3 and that'll be Mac Hudson. Like all of you, I want a Canadian in a that suit. And it will be, maybe Mac, or maybe someone he hand picks.

Live it.

I can't see it being Mac. The fact that it's being held out for 3 issues, shows it will be a bit of a shocker.

Ben