Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio-Con Interview

Default Ohio-Con Interview

Oeming in another interview:
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...avonoeming.htm

"Asked about Omega Flight's lineup, Oeming said it will include U.S. Agent, Arachne, "somebody in the Guardian outfit," someone who was part of the original Alpha Flight and another former member. "

"Oeming said that the origin of Beta Ray Bill is tied to the origin of Alpha Flight. He also promised a powerful version of the character."

"Oeming said classic Alpha Flight villains will return, including the Great Beasts and Master of the World. "
    -----
    Glad Master will be back, but looks like it's not James Hudson in the armor...now that sucks.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Ohio-Con Interview

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    "Oeming said that the origin of Beta Ray Bill is tied to the origin of Alpha Flight."
    That's strange. Could be cool... but the brief origin of Alpha Flight was James Hudson stole the suit, then decided to form a government team. Not sure how Beta Ray Bill will fit into that.
    It'll be fun finding out.

looks like it's not James Hudson in the armor...now that sucks.
    This information is completely new to me.

Them, the in-development television series based on his graphic novel Six, is in the right hands. Jonathan Mostow from Terminator 3 is attached to executive produce and direct the pilot.
    Ugh... The director of T3? Ugh...

- Le Messor
    "By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
    - Socrates

Who is the guy beside Oeming? The comic book guy from the Simpsons?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

* Oeming said he hopes his next project for Marvel will be "off the radar" like his Thor work, where he didn't have to worry so much about continuity and tie-ins with the current Marvel Universe.

Is he still talking about Omega Flight here?

Man, I do not remember a single solitary thing about Spider-girl/woman/chick/babe/. I guess whatever they do to her won't have me screaming about continuity flaws.

So Talisman and...? You know what? I may try to avoid reading anything about the team between now and April just so as to not stumble into a spoiler there. It looks like Snowbird since there's a drawing of her done and the Great Beasts are being used, but who knows if that isn't something for down the road?

I'm hoping (against the odds, I know) that there's an existing character we're not aware of (Sasquatch??) and that Snowbird reappears in the second story arc (assuming the first story arc is about the team's formation).

I also wonder whether the Mac suit will be filled by a newcomer or an existing character? I think it'll be the latter but that I would prefer the former.

* While calling Scott Lobdell's last run on Alpha Flight as "fun," Oeming said, "It might have done more harm than good."
    Very diplomatic. It didn't do my hairline any good as it had me pulling my hair out in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    * Oeming said he hopes his next project for Marvel will be "off the radar" like his Thor work, where he didn't have to worry so much about continuity and tie-ins with the current Marvel Universe.

Is he still talking about Omega Flight here?
    The impression I got was that it was a project above and beyond those he'd already addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

Best. Post. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade

Best. Post. Ever.
    oh, you should see my comic dealer!!! If they were casting the roll in a live action film, he'd be my pick He's probably reading this too

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade

Best. Post. Ever.
    oh, you should see my comic dealer!!! If they were casting the roll in a live action film, he'd be my pick He's probably reading this too

Ben
    That character falls into the "funny 'cause it's true" category. We've probably ALL known someone like him.

"But Aquaman, you can't marry a woman without gills! You're from different worlds!"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    "Oeming said that the origin of Beta Ray Bill is tied to the origin of Alpha Flight."
    That's strange. Could be cool... but the brief origin of Alpha Flight was James Hudson stole the suit, then decided to form a government team. Not sure how Beta Ray Bill will fit into that.
    It'll be fun finding out.
    I remember Oeming said something like "Beta Ray and Alpha have a lot in common as they were both created to stop great opposition (Great Beasts/those aliens that destroyed Bill's home)". Maybe they misunderstood and thought he meant "tied to it" instead of "similar origins". Who knows, guess we'll find out soon... well 5 months

PS
    The only other guy I want in the suit other then Mac would be Jefferies. No one else, especially no non-Canadians should wear it. Wouldn't seem right.

"Oeming said classic Alpha Flight villains will return, including the Great Beasts and Master of the World. "

GREAT BEASTS=YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

But please make the Master a serious threat, ala the last Kang arc in Avengers volume 2, and not some Emma Peel and Steed Avengers uber villain chuckling to himself and camping it up bigtime!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    The only other guy I want in the suit other then Mac would be Jefferies. No one else, especially no non-Canadians should wear it. Wouldn't seem right.
    Hmmm....That would make sense in both the "someone wearing the Guardian suit" and "another former member of Alpha" sense while also explaining why we're not seeing the unnamed member on the promo art...even though we are.

That would be cool. I could more than live with that.

I'm still thinking Guardian will be Mac, or an Alpha Flight person like Kyle Gibney. Talisman to be there, but who's the third AFer? Snowbird, Puck, Heather, Persuasion, Witchfire? Hard to guess.

So Beta Ray Bill, Arachne, US Agent, and 3 Alpha Flight personnel. Yes, now three,

Asked about Omega Flight's lineup, Oeming said it will include U.S. Agent, Arachne, "somebody in the Guardian outfit," someone who was part of the original Alpha Flight and another former member.
    I figure the reference to 'former member' is Talisman, and 'another' is the guessing work. Still, we'll have to wait to see which ex-Afer is Guardian now.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Well Kyle is depowered now, but I'm really hoping it's Mac.

My guesses;

It won't be Mac in the suit. CW isn't far enough in yet for me to guess who, but I'd imagine it's someone fairly high profile, more so than US Agent perhaps.
    The member of the original AF; Snowbird (only one not shown in NA)
    The former member; Talisman