Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In preparation for Omega Flight...

Default In preparation for Omega Flight...

is there anythingthing that people want to see done with the forum? Improvements? (other than decreasing the number of spammers), suggestions? ect.

Ben

A Hailey Hoser Alphanex Entry? j/k :P

Ben, your forum is perfect. I can't think of any way to improv it. Great work!

Only if you want to seperate Alpha from Omega. Then maybe an Omega Talk might be warranted. I'd think the Alpha Talk forum might go all shadows and crickets if you did though, since all of the action will be with Omega for awhile. Still it might be good to seperate, That way folks who aren't the least interested in Omega can still weigh in on their favorite team, Alpha Flight!!!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Only if you want to seperate Alpha from Omega. Then maybe an Omega Talk might be warranted. I'd think the Alpha Talk forum might go all shadows and crickets if you did though, since all of the action will be with Omega for awhile. Still it might be good to seperate, That way folks who aren't the least interested in Omega can still weigh in on their favorite team, Alpha Flight!!!
    That's true as there will undoubtedly be many new readers/guests and the Alpha Talk may confuse a few. At least adding an Omega talk, we can all talk about the current book, characters and news. Whereas if someone was to talk about the past characters or events, they can still use the Alpha area.

Nothing from me. This forum is great. And the rest of the site is doing well!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Hmmm, the idea of an 'Omega Talk' forum would be nice, but I don't think it's a 'must-have' at *least* until February. But I suppose this would be something to have a 'wait-and-see' approach on.

And this maybe a dumb suggestion, but what about a fan artwork forum? Or maybe making the Fan Fic forum into a Art/Fic forum? I'm not much of a writer, but I do love to draw. And I've no doubt I'll probably be doing a bit of Omega (and some Alpha) Flight art eventually. Would be nice to have a place to show it where people actually *get* what's going on/who's in it for a change. =D;;;

Then again, I don't know if any artists are here, so that may be one of those things worth ignoring.

Just my 2 cents!
    aka The Self-Proclaimed 'Infamous' Beta Ray Bill Fan Girl

Good thoughts all. I'd like to hear a few more opinions on the whole Omega Talk thing. My only real hesitation is that often times I find forums with too many sections to be daunting.

As for the Fan Art, sounds good to me. Images can be uploaded to the Photo Album too.

Ben

My only suggestions are free money, free alcohol and free blondes... other than that we're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Good thoughts all. I'd like to hear a few more opinions on the whole Omega Talk thing. My only real hesitation is that often times I find forums with too many sections to be daunting.

As for the Fan Art, sounds good to me. Images can be uploaded to the Photo Album too.

Ben
    why not just write alpha/omega talk? since alpha is pretty much dead, there would not by much talk anyway.

And I would do a fanfic/fanart section. I mean together. There is almost no one posting in the fanfic section, so it would be nice to mixed it with fan art, anyway, that's mostly what people are already doing.

I also don't like too many sections, so I like it as it is.

Sylvie
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

How about an RSS feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    How about an RSS feed?
    Something I've thought about, but have never set up, I'll look into it.

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mek
    Hmmm, the idea of an 'Omega Talk' forum would be nice, but I don't think it's a 'must-have' at *least* until February. But I suppose this would be something to have a 'wait-and-see' approach on.
    I think starting one now--and moving all the current Omega threads to it--would be helpful to later newcomers. They get to see what we thought in advance, our anticipations, our...

Maybe not so helpful.

I don't tend to pay much attention to the thread categories, at first. I hit 'view posts since last visit', and look at the thread titles to see what'll interest me. Sometimes which category it's in will make the difference between reading and not reading, but I don't usually go into the categories.

Also, I like red-heads.

- Le Messor
    "But now, I'm as happy as Michelle Pfeiffer's underpants."
    - Bernard

The main problem I see with adding an Omega talk is that we'd probably have to add an Omega News too...

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    The main problem I see with adding an Omega talk is that we'd probably have to add an Omega News too...

Ben
    What about replacing the Alpha Talk etc to a neutral "Flight Talk" and "Flight News" where everything an anything can go and won't confuse new visitors.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Or, we could go the other way and have an "Omega" section?

I don't have a problem with an Omega Talk and Omega News section. But I don't really know how to differentiate the two anyway, much. And, I'm not a moderator, so what do I know?

- LM
    "Put the lime in the coconut, drink it up like water."
    - Nilsson.