Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking The Initiative !

Default Taking The Initiative !

Newsarama

THE INITIATIVE

CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & WARREN ELLIS
    Pencils and Cover by MARC SILVESTRI
    The post war Marvel Universe begins here! The war is over!! Let the healing begin!! This all-new special written by Brian Bendis, especially for modern legend Marc Silvestri, debuts the all new IRON MAN, OMEGA FLIGHT, MIGHTY AVENGERS, NEW AVENGERS and with a special chapter written by Warren Ellis...THUNDERBOLTS! Each chapter is an important all-new prologue for each of these huge new series and sets up the radically altered landscape that makes up the post-Civil War Marvel Universe!
    64 PGS./RATED T+ …$4.99

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: CIVIL WAR AFTERMATH
    Written by JOHN RHETT THOMAS
    As one of the most important – and entertaining – events in Marvel history winds down, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT will be on hand to ask and answer the most important question of the post-CIVIL WAR era: Where do we go from here? We’ll examine every title touched by the clash between Marvel heroes and every new title with its origins in CIVIL WAR – including IRON MAN, CAPTAIN AMERICA, FANTASTIC FOUR, MIGHTY AVENGERS, THUNDERBOLTS, OMEGA FLIGHT and more! With interviews and preview material from the writers, artists and editors charged with picking up the pieces and moving forward, this edition of MARVEL SPOTLIGHT will bring you the final analysis on CIVIL WAR, in addition to a complete checklist of all the upcoming CW collections! Don't miss this 48-page special!
    48 PGS./No Ads/Rated T+ …$2.99
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, well, well, promotion!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Might also be worth having a look at this

CIVIL WAR: BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT
    Written by ANTHONY FLAMINI & RONALD BYRD
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Additional art by SCOTT KOLINS
    The final shots have been fired. The Civil War has ended. A victor has emerged. Now, S.H.I.E.L.D. has prepared the BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT, an intelligence dossier assessing the impact of the war and the dangers the nation still faces. BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT provides a closing chapter to CIVIL WAR and a glimpse of the new status quo of the Marvel Universe!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

From the same solicits.

I would definately expect S.H.I.E.L.D. to make some mention of OF in any documents.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Ditto. Flight is FINALLY getting a push and proper promotion!

I love how they have the Omega Flight promo art on the cover of MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: CIVIL WAR AFTERMATH . They are actually promoting the series..

I assume this is the same project.

And ramping up to the bigger Bendis/Silvestri project, the pair are creating a special one-shot to deal with Marvel’s Civil War event.

“It’s a 37-pager that kind of ties up everything from Civil War,” says the artist, who appreciated the level of change the crossover has brought to the Marvel Universe. “You have to do that. You have to shake things up. That happens with various levels of success, obviously, but when it goes well and when its planned well and produced well, you have something that people remember for a long time."
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Might also be worth having a look at this

CIVIL WAR: BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT
    Written by ANTHONY FLAMINI & RONALD BYRD
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Additional art by SCOTT KOLINS
    Maybe that artwork from Oeming's board is from here? Looks like Kolins art, to me at least.

They are doing a lot to show the new status quo after Civil War, good, and that seems to clearly indicate that OF's role is huge in the new landscape. March-ish isn't bad. I'm getting pumped again!!

At least two books to deal with OF, then OF #1 and we're off and running! WAy better than last time, when there was no promotion; at least v2 had some promotion before appearing, while this one will actually have a prologue.

Looking forward the most to Talsiman and Guardian, see what else Flight has to offer!

Good luck to Oeming and Kolins!

Live it.

I just hope it's James donning the Guardian armor.

I can't wait to see how this 50 State Initiative will effect Canada. I hope we aren't treated as the 51st State. I'd much rather this team be Rebellious against Sheild's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I can't wait to see how this 50 State Initiative will effect Canada. I hope we aren't treated as the 51st State. I'd much rather this team be Rebellious against Sheild's plans.

As would I, and that's why OF is around as a means of "border-patrol"

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    that's why OF is around as a means of "border-patrol"
    Customs!? I wonder which member will get stuck with "single white rubber glove duty".

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    that's why OF is around as a means of "border-patrol"
    Customs!? I wonder which member will get stuck with "single white rubber glove duty".
    Likely US Agent. Guy has to do something while the rest kick butt.

I too hope they are more anti-sra.

Live it.

More from BMB

NRAMA: So this is all new material?

BB: Right. The book itself is completely original and brand new, and serves as a ‘Where are we now, after Civil War, and where is everything going?’ What you get are prologue chapters to Omega Flight, which I wrote with the help of Mike Oeming; New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, and Thunderbolts, which was written by Warren, because I’d read Warren’s Thunderbolts stuff already, and felt that he had to come on and write that. They’re all connected and tied together into one big story that sets up a lot of cool stuff.

A lot of questions are asked in it – a lot of the things that I would like to see followed up on after Civil War – as a reader – are in there: who is Omega Flight? Why are they Omega Flight? What are the New Avengers doing now? Why are there two Avengers teams? What are their relationships to each other? All of these questions are answered in The Initiative. It sets everything up and dives right into what the books are going to be about the next month.
    Del

Jeez and Omega's the first one mentioned in the lists, not just added at the end of a sentence. Very nice to see! And what's good is that all of the many fans of Avengers will be able to read about Omega when they pick up this book, much like they got to read the end of Alpha in their book. I hope this really creates interest and brings in many new fans!