Poll: Who should be the 6th member?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best to add to Omega

I voted for Walt but would be just as happy to see Jeffries back working the armor as well.

On second thought with BRB already signed up does the team even need another "big strong guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I voted for Walt but would be just as happy to see Jeffries back working the armor as well.

On second thought with BRB already signed up does the team even need another "big strong guy"?
    Jefferies is more than just muscle. BRB can't make a sub, a plane or a spaceship out of himself. He can't rewrite a computer mainframe or strip a missle down to its component parts with little more than a thought. BRB has great abilities I'm sure, but Box has his own which are many.

I always thought Jefferies had the potential to be a poor man's Magneto. That's why they kept capturing and brainwashing him. The writters couldn't think up a bad guy he couldn't crush with a bunch of metal or drive over them after turning into a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I always thought Jefferies had the potential to be a poor man's Magneto. That's why they kept capturing and brainwashing him. The writters couldn't think up a bad guy he couldn't crush with a bunch of metal or drive over them after turning into a truck.
    Probably, but what about characters like Dr. Strange, Magik, Professor X, the Hulk, Adam Warlock, Storm, most of the Avengers...? They all are powerful yet the writers can dream up some amazing bad guys who give the heroes a run for their money.
    I always believed it wasn't so much the writers couldn't create some decent opposition, more that they couldn't be bothered. I'm going to leave it at that, because I don't want to turn this thread negative.

Hey you gotta respect a guy who can destroy his mass possibly making an atomic blast and in a split second transform into a spaceship that can travel at speeds faster than light

Madison Jeffries Respect Thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...dison+jeffries

You gotta respect a guy with so any respect threads :P

I had been wondering something for awhile as there are some Mantlo issues I'm missing. It seems Jefferies was never the prettiest fello or most articulate of the bunch in the early days. Then one issue he's attractive and well spoken. bah? Did I miss an important issue? (EDIT: Oh wait he gets ugly again in later issues. Must have been the artist)

BTW Munji, where did you get that signature pic with Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Shaman and Puck? It looks very well drawn. Is there a larger version?

On another note, there's a rumor going around the Marvel board that Guradian may be Stark since he has ties with Julia and USAgent. Not saying it is, but if it was, how would your reaction be having him lead OF after his actions in CW?

PS
    I'm A.D.D. so please excuse the jumping around of subjects

Stark is most likely to become the Director of SHIELD. Maria Hill will be replaced, and images of future Iron Man's show him as Director.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Stark is most likely to become the Director of SHIELD. Maria Hill will be replaced, and images of future Iron Man's show him as Director.
    I saw that too, but then Marvel released covers just like that for Spider-Woman, Captain America and Reed Richards and JQ played them off as just an Artists rendering or something. Probably just covering his own butt for letting art slip through, but you never know

BTW Munji, where did you get that signature pic with Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Shaman and Puck? It looks very well drawn. Is there a larger version?
    Actually got it here:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_cat.php?cat_id=2

The member robert1175 illustrated the awesome image.

Glad to see that Snowbird and Sasquatch are topping the poll!! Hope that young Mr.Oeming is noticing this. And let's see lots and lots of the fabulous civilian ids of Walter and Anne. I always felt Corporal Anne McKenzie was somebody I'd love to see more focus on.

Aw, no love for Zuzha. Did Scott Lodbell ever get interviewed at the end or after AFv3? He seemed to become very quiet near the end of the series (interview-wise). I'm wondering if we ever found out his plans to do with the series if it had lasted longer (like Seagle did). Did he ever explain why Zuzha could talk from birth etc?

Flight has too many underdeveloped characters.

Aw, no love for Zuzha. Did Scott Lodbell ever get interviewed at the end or after AFv3? He seemed to become very quiet near the end of the series (interview-wise). I'm wondering if we ever found out his plans to do with the series if it had lasted longer (like Seagle did). Did he ever explain why Zuzha could talk from birth etc?

Too true. Despite the many flaws of vol3, I really would like to see some resolution of the Puck and Zuzha story and the Nemesis and Rudy story.

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee
    Glad to see that Snowbird and Sasquatch are topping the poll!!
    Me too. If TPTB insist that Sasquatch is really dead, I have no problem with Snowbird filling that role in her "snow-squatch" form. And there's no reason she couldn't adopt the orange sasquatch form, is there? I think she adopts white animal forms out of convention, not necessity.

Regardless, I don't mind if Oeming spends some time with the primary group of five before revisiting older AF characters. I'm now resigned to the fact that Marvel has no intention of re-establishing the classic AF lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    And there's no reason she couldn't adopt the orange sasquatch form, is there?
    Orange flavoured Kool-Aid + a very large tub.

I sincerely doubt that Lobdell had any plans after issue 12. The man took Alpha and turned them into a laughing stock. Then expected us to buy into it cos he deemed us worthy enough of a little bit of his attention, then buggered off when it all went tits up.

I'd rather he had continued on his way after #106 and never looked back.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!