Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: civil war: choosing sides (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    But still a jerk. It's not only power that make the person or the character. :P

I will love to hate him, I think.
    Of for sure he took over leadership of the Avengers/X-Men, because they didn't think of the little people. He maybe a dick, but he cares.

I loved the Choosing Sides story, I also like the fact that the Oeming and Kolins managed to tell quite a bit of story in the short run of pages. At least it felt like it. A few of the stories in here (Iron Fist, Ant-Man) seemed a little cut off due to the short page count. That bodes well for Omega being a nice monthly read.

I hate USAgent, but I think I'm in the "love to hate him" camp now. He's certainly being set up to be a friction character, and a Flight without friction just wouldn't ring true.

Also, Stark's motivation seemed fine enough to me. Why NOT sent USAgent? He's loyal to the SRA, a proven fighter and an obvious symbol. Plus him being in Canada keeps him at arm's length of Stark, who doesn't personally like him and as such probably doesn't want him hanging around NYC to join the post-CW Avengers.

I like the fact, US Agent keeps a portrait of his parents inside his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I like the fact, US Agent keeps a portrait of his parents inside his shield.
    I agree, it was a nice touch. Shows another side of him. I love it when writers/artists add the little things like that to a book.

Also, he'll have to run into the Purple Man to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I agree, it was a nice touch. Shows another side of him. I love it when writers/artists add the little things like that to a book.

Also, he'll have to run into the Purple Man to get it back.
    Yep and it looks like he modified his shield to resemble the one in New Invaders that has the names of victims from terrorist attacks engraved into it

Yep, and I bet we are going to see Persuasion maybe even use her to battle her father

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Yep, and I bet we are going to see Persuasion maybe even use her to battle her father
    Can't wait for that showdown

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    some want the originals back in a alpha flight book, and some are stoked for this new series
    Can't I be both?

- Le Messor
    "Balls" said the Queen, "If I had them, I'd be King."
    - Bette Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by varo
    some want the originals back in a alpha flight book, and some are stoked for this new series
    Can't I be both?

- Le Messor
    "Balls" said the Queen, "If I had them, I'd be King."
    - Bette Davis
    Unfortunately not Mik, it would seem we're living in a dictatorship While all the time I thought we were an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Were we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. with all the decision of that officer having to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.

It would seem I was wrong
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I didn't vote for you!

I didn't vote for you!
    You don't vote for moderators
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I didn't vote for you!
    You don't vote for moderators
    People don't usually vote for dictators either.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Unfortunately not Mik, it would seem we're living in a dictatorship While all the time I thought we were an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Were we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. with all the decision of that officer having to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.

Well that'll learn ya.

I thought the USAgent story was the best of the stories in the title.
    The split-chronology made for a great misleading tease to the side USAgent chose.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I thought it was a great little story. I certainly didn't expect this outcome, but it's an interesting one. I too thought of Persuasion when Purple Man showed up. I think John is going to be an interesting character in this new series.

I've always liked US Agent and am glad to see he's in this new book. A very complicated and interesting guy. And man, Purple Man is gonna pay when John gets his shield back.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    I certainly didn't expect this outcome, but it's an interesting one.
    Nobody expects the Canadian outcome!

Overall, I decided I don't like the issue. The stories were okay in and of themselves, but I felt like I'd forked over my cash to be advertised at. Everything ('cept Howard the Duck) was 'to be continued'.
    I was kinda glad of the last story, since I'd read about the upcoming mini- in CSN, and wanted a piece of it, but not enough to buy it. But, hey, a Marvel comics / daytime soap Xover? Hee hee hee.

As to the USAgent story...

This one didn't have the stigma of the others, since I was buying Omega anyway.

Good; well-written, well-drawn. I got the feeling Stark set up USAgent; I mean, Stark asks him to go to Canada, he refuses, so a villain conveniently steals his shield and goes to Canada? Too convenient.
    I smell a plotline... nope, sorry, I need a shower.

Good story.

- Le Messor
    "Be not afraid of a sudden fear."
    - Proverbs 3:25