Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: civil war: choosing sides (SPOILERS)

Default civil war: choosing sides (SPOILERS)

for those interested in omega flight they should defitanetly pick this up. also mr. oeming has some explaining to do.

Spoilers? I'm going to hopefully pick it up

edit: I ordered and I'm going to pick it up today

I can't. Way too far to go and too much for me to order with my limited funds in the mail.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

aw crud, didn't realize it came out today, and was already at the comic store...Maybe I can go back...

Ben

Got it...

[spoiler]

Stark tells US Agent, "you're going to Canada, joining the new Alpha Flight program as an american liaison". Of course US Agent objects, but a bodged capture of Purple Man prompted him to go to Canada and capture him as Purple Man fled to Canada. A possible reuniniting of Persuasion and Purple Man? me thinks so

[end spoiler]

Well that certainly makes sense as to why USAgent would be in the Flight.

Just added this to the Alphanex

[spoiler]

During the Civil War, US Agent is one of the top agents for the pro-registration act, and his stellar work has resulted in the capture of dozens of criminals. Stark then orders US Agent in an important missions stating, "you're going to Canada, joining the new Alpha Flight program as an american liaison. The Canadian government no longer has the assests to deal with the hordes of super-villians currently flooding their borders." Stark was also looking at it in a finacial point of view as Canada greatly contributes to America's oil, energy and infastructre. Of course US Agent objects, but a bodged capture of Purple Man prompted Walker to take the mission and to go to Canada as Purple Man fled to the Great White North.

[end spoiler]

soooooooooo, does that mean:omega flight is going to be acting like the pro-reg heroes in america? not only fighting the bad guys, but also making sure the good guys register? if so, i have no idea why julia carpenter would join the team. although i could see a very interesting dynamic between arachne and usagent butting heads over the subject if there is no registration in canada.

Default Oeming Reunions?

Nice to see that from the very start, Oeming has been true to his word that Omega Flight will have ties to Alpha Flight. I certainly hope that he intends to show a reunion of sorts with the character seen in this issue and one of Alpha's old members - especially considering to my recollection, they have never officially met, although each knows about the other. Despite the fact that the reunion would not necessarily be a nice one, it would make for an interesting read.
    And not to go off on a tangent, but it would certainly be nice someday to see other reunions occur - such as Puck & Puck II, Marrina & Mar, etc. Alpha fans have seen so much strife in past stories that it would be nice to highlight some of these more happy events as well...

to Varo:
    I honestly don't know, but looking forward to see the outcome.

Default Re: civil war: choosing sides

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    for those interested in omega flight they should defitanetly pick this up. also mr. oeming has some explaining to do.
    Okay, I'll prolly won't get this until the weekend, but am curious as to what explanation Mike Oeming has to give ?

Come on, spill the beans
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ah, so Us Agent is not going to be a happy member. Good. That will make it more like team family thing, with different points of view like that and whoever Spiderwoman is. Then Talsiman and Guardian with Beta Ray Bill form the core and keep the other two on task.

Should be interesting when Mr. Oeming has the team trying to keep US Agent out of the loop so they can keep some sovereignty or something.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Hmm.. I wonder if we'll see a lil Persuasion come into play then...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hmm.. I wonder if we'll see a lil Persuasion come into play then...
    That's what I was thinking as well, she still is one of the few that has her powers

btw, a direct quote in the comics that can be attributed to these boards:

Tony Stark: The Canadian government no longer has the assets to deal with the hordes of super-villains currently flooding their borders. Canada supplies the US with 20% of its oil. A good deal of our energy and infrastructure is tied directly to Canada. Their security is a top priority for SHIELD. We need you to protect those interests.