Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ms. marvel #8: possible omega flight tie-in

Default ms. marvel #8: possible omega flight tie-in

very good issue, for those who care, with possible of member arachne, julia carpenter.

good issue, i won't spoil it.

Please spoil it, for I am poor and cannot afford to pick up this book! I assume she makes it to the border.

well, the issue is pretty heavy towards featuring her, she is alot more powerful than i thought. it also tells how she regained her powers. and.....

she gets caputured by ms. marvel and seperated from her daughter before she can make it to the border, not sure how she is going to get out to make it to omega flight

Hey thanks man, much appreciated. I wonder if Ms. Marvel would actually let her walk next ish? Also, you mentioned how powerful she was. What did she do that impressed you?

Thanks!

she took on both Ms. Marvel and Wonderman and managed to hold her own for quite a while all things considered. I was like "Holy ****..."

Really? well here I thought she would be the weakest member of OF.

This was a great issue of Ms. Marvel. I've kinda been disapointed in how she has been acting since CW began. But the writer said that many fans would be happy fairly soon.

Julia was awsome. It'll be interesting to see how she gets out of her current situation.

This is a very emotional/moving issue of Ms. Marvel. In terms of comics anyway.

After reading this I really cannot see how any right thinking person can support the SHRA. I actually felt angry at the end of this and am looking forward to next months issue to see Rogue cause untold damage to Carol Danvers.

There's been a lot of criticism here and elsewhere about how characters are being portrayed in Civil War and I have to say this isn't the Carol Danvers I remember.

All in all an excellent issue.

Edited to add (speculate away, Arana, Arachne, who will be OF ?)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    After reading this I really cannot see how any right thinking person can support the SHRA. I actually felt angry at the end of this and am looking forward to next months issue to see Rogue cause untold damage to Carol Danvers.

There's been a lot of criticism here and elsewhere about how characters are being portrayed in Civil War and I have to say this isn't the Carol Danvers I remember.

All in all an excellent issue.

Edited to add (speculate away, Arana, Arachne, who will be OF ?)
    I'm still thinkin' that it will be Arachne in OF. But Arana could very well help her escape. Carol Danvers is acting differently than I would think as well. She's former Air Force but that doesn't mean followin' orders blindly. She was also a bit distraught at what had happed towards the end of the issue (not as much as Arana mind you).

I'm very happy to see Rogue comin' next issue. I wonder what her problem is with Carol. Should be some great upcoming issues of Ms. Marvel.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

So, there's a Navy Admiral, an Air Force Captain, and a Marines General.

The admiral boasts that his sailors are the bravest ever. To prove it: "Sailor, jump into that tub of sharks, barracuda, pirahna, and a lion."
    The sailor does.

The Captain, not to be outdone, asks his pilot to jump out of his plane, into air infested with eagles, vultures, bees, and Australian magpies in egg-laying season.
    He does. Without a 'chute.

The Marines guy grins. "Hey, Marine! Go through that barbed-wire fence, jump into the tub of sharks, and through the lion-infested den of bears."
    The jugheadjust gives him the finger. "FU, sir."

The general turns back to his companions. "Now, that's bravery."

there was probably a point to all this.

Funny, I've heard several variations of that joke. Heh, Marines are certainly nuts. Any Jarhead I've ever met, certainly was.

Ms Marvel doesn't seem as bad if you read all three of the CW issues. You see a bit more of the entire situation getting out of hand.
    Wonder Man was also featured in these issues, and also seriously regrets the incident. Add the coersion used against him in Front Line, factor in that both he and USAgent worked with Julia in AvengersWC, and there are several potential ways for Julia to be reaching the border and Omega Flight.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

That's just it, I have read all three Civil War issues and Miss Marvel just seems so wromg. The fact that she is blindly following the letter of the law without questioning it is so out of character for her, IMHO.

If Arachne does manage to get out of the US, I get the impression she is more likely to settle down quietly with her daughter than go fighting bad guys. Then again I'm not often right
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    So, there's a Navy Admiral, an Air Force Captain, and a Marines General.

The admiral boasts that his sailors are the bravest ever. To prove it: "Sailor, jump into that tub of sharks, barracuda, pirahna, and a lion."
    The sailor does.

The Captain, not to be outdone, asks his pilot to jump out of his plane, into air infested with eagles, vultures, bees, and Australian magpies in egg-laying season.
    He does. Without a 'chute.

The Marines guy grins. "Hey, Marine! Go through that barbed-wire fence, jump into the tub of sharks, and through the lion-infested den of bears."
    The jugheadjust gives him the finger. "FU, sir."

The general turns back to his companions. "Now, that's bravery."

there was probably a point to all this.
    Australian Magpies?

I'm leaning towards it being Arachne but I don't know how she'll get out of Civil War. Maybe Arana helps and she heads to Mexico? US Agent is easier to figure, he chucks it all like the Thing did and heads north. Beta Ray Bill maybe because of defeating the Thors, or just one clone.

Or maybe one comes and the others follow. Doesn't Arachne have a child, so she could share babysitters with Mac Hudson?
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!