Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    Hey, I'm not Canadian and I've always wanted to drive a zamboni. Don't know why, just do.
    Congrats Guardian, you've earned this then:

Thanks! I'm speechless. \/

Shouldn't we Screech him in? I got the Screech and the Cod ready. Pucker up Guardian

(For those who don't know, to become an honorary Newfoundlander you have to take a shot of Screech, resite a few lines of text and kiss a cod.)

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Shouldn't we Screech him in? I got the Screech and the Cod ready. Pucker up Guardian

(For those who don't know, to become an honorary Newfoundlander you have to take a shot of Screech, resite a few lines of text and kiss a cod.)
    ... Ahhh, memories of me 13th birt'day, me b'y... mind, considering my mother's side of the family is Newfie, you'd think I'd get grandfathered in or something....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

... Ahhh, memories of me 13th birt'day, me b'y... mind, considering my mother's side of the family is Newfie, you'd think I'd get grandfathered in or something....
    Haha nice. Only in Newfoundland is it acceptable to kiss a cod before kissin a girl

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

Haha nice. Only in Newfoundland is it acceptable to kiss a cod before kissin a girl
    You silly Canadians!

Is that supposed to make sense?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

I think it's to confuse the tourists haha

Ha, there's a scene for OF! Beta Ray Bill and USAgent kissing cod!

Ha, there's a scene for OF! Beta Ray Bill...kissing cod!
    I don't know which I'd pity more, Bill or the cod

I think it's to confuse the tourists haha
    I must be a tourist, what is screech? a drink?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Yeah Screech is a Newfoundlander drink. Here's the story behind it:

As the story goes, the commanding officer of the original detachment was having his first taste of Newfoundland hospitality and, imitating the custom of his host, downed his drink in one gulp. The American's blood-curdling howl, when he regained his breath, brought the sympathetic and curios from miles around rushing to the house to find out what was going on. The first to arrive was a garrulous old American sergeant who pounded on the door and demanded, "What the cripes was that ungodly screech?"

The taciturn Newfoundlander who had answered the door replied simply, "The Screech? 'Tis the rum, me son."

A legend was born!. As word of the incident spread, the soldiers, determined to try this mysterious "Screech" and finding its effects as devastating as the name implies, adopted it as their favourite.

http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/history/screech.asp

Ha, there's a scene for OF! Beta Ray Bill and USAgent kissing cod!

Yeah Screech is a Newfoundlander drink. Here's the story behind it:

As the story goes, the commanding officer of the original detachment was having his first taste of Newfoundland hospitality and, imitating the custom of his host, downed his drink in one gulp. The American's blood-curdling howl, when he regained his breath, brought the sympathetic and curios from miles around rushing to the house to find out what was going on. The first to arrive was a garrulous old American sergeant who pounded on the door and demanded, "What the cripes was that ungodly screech?"

The taciturn Newfoundlander who had answered the door replied simply, "The Screech? 'Tis the rum, me son."

A legend was born!. As word of the incident spread, the soldiers, determined to try this mysterious "Screech" and finding its effects as devastating as the name implies, adopted it as their favourite.

http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/history/screech.asp
    Mmmm...alcohol.
    Hey I'll get ya some moonshine and you can become an honourary red-neck American.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I got this from: http://www.snopes.com/glurge/skelton.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skelton
    "O Canada": I see mountains and valleys and rivers and trees; it is truly Mother Nature's warehouse.

"Our home and native land": A place where families live with dignity on rich soil that shares food and beauty.

"True patriot": Patriotism, a pride, a privilege to say, I, me, an individual, a committee of one, and dedicate all my worldly goods, to give without self-pity.

"love in all thy sons command": That powerful youth that gives all their love and devotion, holding the standard with the Maple Leaf high in the air; for it is a symbol of courage and wherever she waves, she shouts "Freedom is everybody's job."

"With glowing hearts we see thee rise": A warmth that incubates incentive; wisdom that feeds beyond superstition and ignorance.

"the true north strong": She is that compass needle that points to inspiring reality, and the courage to struggle on, to find a dream and make it come true.

"and free": That right of power for one to live his own life without fear or stress or any sort of retaliation.

"And stand on guard, O Canada": Not that we want to flaunt our strength, but to be capable of facing the strongest should that enemy appear.

"We stand on guard for thee": we protect all doctrines and share thy spirit of logic and reasoning.

"O Canada, glorious and free!": That means justice, the principle and qualities of dealing fairly with others.

"O Canada , we stand on guard for thee": So we can stand proud and say to our neighbor, "This is as much my country as it is yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I got this from: http://www.snopes.com/glurge/skelton.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skelton
    "O Canada": I see mountains and valleys and rivers and trees; it is truly Mother Nature's warehouse.

"Our home and native land": A place where families live with dignity on rich soil that shares food and beauty.

"True patriot": Patriotism, a pride, a privilege to say, I, me, an individual, a committee of one, and dedicate all my worldly goods, to give without self-pity.

"love in all thy sons command": That powerful youth that gives all their love and devotion, holding the standard with the Maple Leaf high in the air; for it is a symbol of courage and wherever she waves, she shouts "Freedom is everybody's job."

"With glowing hearts we see thee rise": A warmth that incubates incentive; wisdom that feeds beyond superstition and ignorance.

"the true north strong": She is that compass needle that points to inspiring reality, and the courage to struggle on, to find a dream and make it come true.

"and free": That right of power for one to live his own life without fear or stress or any sort of retaliation.

"And stand on guard, O Canada": Not that we want to flaunt our strength, but to be capable of facing the strongest should that enemy appear.

"We stand on guard for thee": we protect all doctrines and share thy spirit of logic and reasoning.

"O Canada, glorious and free!": That means justice, the principle and qualities of dealing fairly with others.

"O Canada , we stand on guard for thee": So we can stand proud and say to our neighbor, "This is as much my country as it is yours."
    Very nice! (Although Red Skelton pulled a Brian Adams and messed up a couple lines )

Still very nice though. Thank you Messor