Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help a lazy American writer out!

Anchorage, Alaska
    During vol.2 when no longer a member, Shaman traveled here to be a doctor to patients and a spirutal guide for tribes. Walter arrives to ask him to help storm Department H

Antartica
    -Sasquatch after briefly leaving Alpha Flight develops Project Michelanglo
    -Sasquatch and Deadpool brefily fight, but have to stop to save the southern hemisphere due to P.Michelango being damaged

Japan
    Alpha Flight (vol.2) joined up with Big Hero 6 to battle X, the Unknown

Northwest Territories
    During vol.2 when no longer a member, Shaman traveled to the upper reaches to help the Bear Clan

Aurora and Northstar were born in Montreal ...They were seperated and lived in different areas. Jean Paul was raised in Montreal and Jeanne-Marie was raised In Lavalle by nuns.

Winshear is Canadian, He was born in Toronto and his family moved to England when he was still a child. He has an english accent only because he was raised there.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Default Maps...

Hello eveybody...

just an idea : why not pin every places on googleearth / maps, or else ?

An alpha flight KMZ file ?

Ce ne serait pas une bonne idée ?

We could put pictures & comments...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Help a lazy American writer out!

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    Only kidding, Im not a lazy writer, but I know someone would say that so I beat you to the punch BAM!! Let me know if you have any thoughts on this or if you think Im crazy
    You just put that in 'coz it rhymed!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Windshear isn't Canadian, he was born in England.
    I thought Windshear was born in Canada, but raised in England? Or am I too, lazy? Crazy? You may be right. I may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for.

Aha! Dana's backed me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    The Brass Bishop came back in v2 and turned the town of White Cross, Newfoundland into zombies, including the Prime Ministers wife. Bishop was defeated and sent back to hell.
    I don't think Hell is on any map.

... Not of Canada, anyway.

Sasquatch faced the Superskrull in... somewhere.

- Le Messor
    "That's a load-bearing poster!"
    - The Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Aurora and Northstar were born in Montreal ...They were seperated and lived in different areas. Jean Paul was raised in Montreal and Jeanne-Marie was raised In Lavalle by nuns.

Dana
    Ah, yes, you are right. So since Lavalle do not exist, let say Laval then. And Jeanne-Marie was a nun in Ste-Anne-de Beaupré once in Hudnall(I think) run. That is near Québec city.

I like the idea of google earth, I'm just too tired right now to think.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Oh yes it is:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...2&om=1&iwloc=A

... Not of Canada, anyway.
    Hell is in the US. I believe it's in Michigan. Small town with a great Halloween celebration from what I understand.

http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/index.php...2.431819&mag=4

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Worse than Detroit?

Since OF is set around the mystical how about some of Canada's strange and weird locations?

The Nahanni Valley: Entrance to Shambhala

"Another entrance is found in the Nahanni Valley but many of those that have dared to enter this area have been found decapitated, thus giving the region its name ‘The Valley of the Headless Men’. The Nahanni Valley in Canada is the land of the Ojibways, the Slave, Dogribs, Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans. It covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada and lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year-round. This land of perpetual mist is viewed by the Indians as ’taboo’ and avoided."
    http://www.livinginthelightms.com/in...hambhala2.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahanni...l_Park_Reserve

Niiiice, I never heard of that one before.

Though not as impressive, Canada has it's own "Treasure Island". Oak Island off the coast of Nova Scotia. I always found it interesting with it's history and the levels of wood and metal planks all the way down and booby traps. It would definitly attract some baddies.

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious...and/story.html

From the same link above... http://www.livinginthelightms.com/in...hambhala2.html

Canadian UFO Bases and the Great Lakes Triangle

Entrances at Lake Ontario may lead to underwater cities. The Toronto Tunnels lead to a subterranean city and Lake Ontario "Lights" Orange-colored spheres have been seen coming out of and diving into Lake Ontario.The area of highest activity is between Oakville and Toronto. There may be a connection to the Lakeview Hydro-electric plant, as many of these UFOs have been seen heading in that direction.
    Toronto Entrance: There is a small opening to the underground tunnels off Parliament Street in downtown Toronto. The entrance is between two apartment buildings, and leads to the tunnels via the sewers. The underground city beneath Toronto has its center beneath Gerrard Street and Church Street. Above this area, strange magnetic effects have been observed. It has been noted that this corner of Gerrard & Church streets seems to have a higher accident rate than anywhere else in Toronto. It is also believed that underground equipment utilizing powerful magnetic fields are responsible for the bizarre equipment failures that often are the cause of these accidents.
    These tunnels are known by the local Indians and can be found in their legends.
    After an iron mine, in Newfoundland Province, had been dug deeper than any other, strange things began occurring and the mine had to be shut down. It is now condemned and off-limits which the police strictly enforce.
    The mining town is located near the Newfoundland-Quebec Border. Sneaking in late at night seems to be the only way to gain entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Oh yes it is:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...2&om=1&iwloc=A
    Hmm, and here I thought Hell was a little further North and to the West... somewhere around the Northern shore of Great Slave Lake... tends to freeze over for up to eight months at a time..... (of course, only a TRUE Northerner could say this :P)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Since OF is set around the mystical how about some of Canada's strange and weird locations?

"Another entrance is found in the Nahanni Valley but many of those that have dared to enter this area have been found decapitated, thus giving the region its name ‘The Valley of the Headless Men’. The Nahanni Valley in Canada is the land of the Ojibways, the Slave, Dogribs, Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans. It covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada and lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year-round. This land of perpetual mist is viewed by the Indians as ’taboo’ and avoided."
    Heh, what's funny is, I know this area quite well. My uncle lives in Ft. Simpson, NWT (I'm from Yellowknife), and we visited this are quite frequently)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd

Heh, what's funny is, I know this area quite well. My uncle lives in Ft. Simpson, NWT (I'm from Yellowknife), and we visited this are quite frequently)
    Sooo, does this mean you are the Headless Happy Canuck!?

Calgary, Alberta, Canada:
    -First introduction of the team
    -Clashed with the X-Men for the first time
    -Years later, Heather went here for shopping and while walking through the street, an assasin's bullet had cut down a man walking behind her. She also tried to stop the assassination of a general. The assassin was hired by Kingpin
    -During a ski benefit, a terrorist attack by Edoard Glissant threatened to cause an avalance but Northstar saved everyone.
    -Alpha Flight (vol.2) first clashed with Weapon X III while he was drawing power from a plant.

Big Moose Creek (near Hudson Bay)
    -Wolverine and Nightcrawler teamup with Guardian, Shaman and Snowbird to fight Wendigo

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada:
    -Alpha Flight w/ Thing first clash with Ranark the Ravenger