Thread: Thunderbolts / New Warriors

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Thunderbolts / New Warriors

... Why didn't anybody tell me Psionex had joined the Thunderbolts?

(Not to mention The Folding Circle, Primus, and Aqueduct; but I'm a big Psionex fan, not so much the others.)

I just found out by reading the Civil War Files.

Issues? Details, people, details!

(Where I also learned that two members of the Serpent Society have the last names 'Krueger' and 'Voorhees'... LOL!)

And for a book about registration, it seemed to have a -lot- of registration supporters listed 'real name unknown'; doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

- Le Messor
    "As the traveller who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep, so a knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily, to appreciate more lovingly, our own."
    - Margaret Mead, anthropologist

Thunderbolts is a veritable who's who's of Marvel villainery (such a word, who cares ). I think when I counted them up from the CW Files it was at 40+. As for Psionex it was good to see them again and it was good to see that they had gotten over the death of Thrasher, their fallen leader very quickly.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thunderbolts is just getting confusing. Every villian who gets borad and wants to try his hand at super-heroing can jump on, and then they realize they like villiany and go back. It's a vacation for jerks, they can avoid the cops for a little bit, get all refreashed, then go back to being a jerk. It's just too much, man...

Oh, wonderful.

Warren Ellis- as my handle here should indicate, I like at least one title he's worked ona great deal.

Sadly, that's about it, and after the inanity that is Nextwave, I'm not exactly itching to see his take on Norman Osborn...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I use to buy anything Ellis did religiously, but after Transmet finished I kinda got out of the habit. NextWave though isn't that bad and there's some classic lines in there. That said, I haven't been a great fan of Thunderbolts since it started and am only reading it now for the Civil War tie in. So even with Ellis on the book I'm probably gonna walk after CW.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

For me, Ellis falls victim to the hype. I thought JF Moore was doing some great work on X-Force when he was fired for Ellis, and I think Nicienza has been doing solid stuff on Thunderbolts. I would be more enthusiastic about the change if the first news was that Nicienza had decided to drop Thunderbolts.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Nextwave is probably my favourite book around at the moment, but the premise of Thunderbolts still doesn't grab me.

I like Fabe's storytelling generally as it's always very twist heavy and continuity based with lots of little references and loose ends tied up.

Ellis himself said that Moore's work on X-Force was the best the title had been for ages, and praised his introduction of Wisdom to the team