Thread: X-Men #191

Default X-Men #191

What gives? Where's the resolution for Northstar and Aurora? They were mentioned once in this issue, and not even as a pertinent part of the story. I distinctly recall the writers commenting that they'll provide some kind of conclusion for the twins and then pick up the characters again later down the road. After some severe brainwashing of Northstar, and, well, Aurora's just always been crazy, they can't just leave it at "their minds are full of shattered glass" in #190 and call it quits. Like others have pointed out, at least Northstar still had some semblence of humanity left in him when he recognized Anole; so there is hope. Seriously, though, the wait is just torture. Marvel, you disappoint.
    I'm Northstar's clone in looks and personality. It weirds me out, and I'm even a fan.

is it just me or did clayton henry's pencils look different?

Oh they wern't even in it? Well you just saved me $4.00

Default Re: X-Men #191

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousVelocity
    What gives? Where's the resolution for Northstar and Aurora? They were mentioned once in this issue, and not even as a pertinent part of the story. I distinctly recall the writers commenting that they'll provide some kind of conclusion for the twins and then pick up the characters again later down the road. After some severe brainwashing of Northstar, and, well, Aurora's just always been crazy, they can't just leave it at "their minds are full of shattered glass" in #190 and call it quits. Like others have pointed out, at least Northstar still had some semblence of humanity left in him when he recognized Anole; so there is hope. Seriously, though, the wait is just torture. Marvel, you disappoint.
    It's the 4th issue of a 6 issue arc of the ongoing title X-Men, not Northstar & Aurora. So there's still time for resolution, whilst focusing on the actual characters that make up the title.

It does seem kind of lame how they just show up fixed, albeit MIND CONTROLED, AHHHHH!!!

Why do these Children freaks need them anyway, just to kill Sabretooth, seems like a waste of effort. Do it yourself you lazy kids! Maybe they just like f#cking with the readers... damn kids...

At least those two are back, with such depleted mutant reserves they could play a major role in the future, assuming they don't get killed... again.

Peace!

Beyond that, Carey said that "The line up of the "Adjectiveless" team is going to remain fluid for a while, with at least one very major character getting the push in a significant and irrevocable way. Characters like Northstar and Aurora will almost certainly reappear, and may find a place in the team. We want to revisit Husk. We've got plans for Lila Cheney. And yes, Gambit will be revisited too: there's no way Rogue is just going to let that situation lie.
    =============

All can be read by clicking on the 'Carey' link.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Beyond that, Carey said that "The line up of the "Adjectiveless" team is going to remain fluid for a while, with at least one very major character getting the push in a significant and irrevocable way. Characters like Northstar and Aurora will almost certainly reappear, and may find a place in the team. We want to revisit Husk. We've got plans for Lila Cheney. And yes, Gambit will be revisited too: there's no way Rogue is just going to let that situation lie.
    =============

How many months into Omega do you think it'll take til they'll make an appearence in X-Men because of a "misunderstanding" and are forced to fight the knew members of the X-Team, the twins!?

Oh wait, we have good writers now

Albeit issue 4 out of 6 in this storyarc, you have to admit this is moving along pretty slowly. We just found out who the Children are, and let's face it, they haven't done much on their own except Serafina did the horizontal tango with Cannonball in his mind and they failed, twice, to do any real damage to the X-Men. Heck, Iceman even survived being blown apart through the chest by the twins! These Children are a joke. Not skimming over the twins' involvement might've led to some actual depth to this story instead of Sabretooth just giving us a few plot details every issue and dragging this out even more.

***************SPOILERS*************************** ****
    Also, did it make any sense to anyone that there's an accelerated timewarp in the hull of The Conquistador ship and the Children of the Vault supposedly experienced 6,000 years of evolution yet seem to have not aged a day past 25? Oh, also, Serafina said they reproduce asexually...um, then how do they still have male and female Children of the Vault? I feel like there are some major holes in this story, and it may be a misplaced hope that they'll be explained before the end, including whatever the heck happened to the twins.
    I'm Northstar's clone in looks and personality. It weirds me out, and I'm even a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    =============

So I obviously missed this post by Del when I started the Newsarama post...sorry about that gang...

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousVelocity
    Heck, Iceman even survived being blown apart through the chest by the twins!
    Apparently Iceman is a confirmed Omega level mutant actually.... I did not realize that.

Yea, I think during the whole "Oh my body is possessed by Emma Frost" incident in Uncanny X-Men a while back, Iceman discovered he has all this untapped power and has the potential to be one of the most powerful mutants alive. Still, though...blown through the chest with a big fireball...while in flesh form...and survived by turning to vapor? He's quite the remarkable, and lucky, guy. No wonder Northstar had a crush on him!

Actually, Bobby being immensly powerful started way back in X-Factor Volume one. He needed a special inhibitor belt to help him control his growing powers.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

This just seems like one of those story arcs that's not too interesting and will dissappear and never be looked at again, like the whole Golgotha story arc. The Children will dissappear, until a few years from now where they will show up significantly out of character (what little there is) and severly depowered as some lame opening scene for another probubly-lame comic, I'm guessing Young Avengers or Ms. Marvel, if they last. You know how it is.