Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Common mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    We wouldn't publicize and empeach a Prime Minister for have sexual relations with a secretary... frankly we'd rather not think about Harper having sex.
    The Domi-Stronach "scandal" just became news yesterday.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_3782.aspx
    First 90% of this board doesn't know what a Domi-Stronach is.
    And is it really a scandal??

JC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Lucky them.

It may not be scandalous, but it is funny!

... frankly we'd rather not think about Domi having sex.

There, fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Lucky them.
    I did not knew who Domi was before reading the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    It may not be scandalous, but it is funny!
    But would it do damage to Stronach political views more than if she had been a man? I don't know.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

So?

Yes.

Does anyone here really care?

Uh, you started this, with your dubious claim that Canadians "wouldn't publicize and empeach a Prime Minister for have sexual relations with a secretary..."

Obviously, Canadians would publicize such things.

Point, counter-point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Uh, you started this, with your dubious claim that Canadians "wouldn't publicize and empeach a Prime Minister for have sexual relations with a secretary..."

Obviously, Canadians would publicize such things.

Point, counter-point.
    I started it as a joke. It was a Harper burn. I really, really don't wanna know who he has sex with(or care). I don't know how many people actually would.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    But would it do damage to Stronach political views more than if she had been a man? I don't know.
    Apparently not. People either don't care about the affair, or they don't care about her. Either way it seems to be a non-event.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Usually when Southerners call us Northerners (here in the U.S.) "Yankees" or "Yanks", they don't use it in a complimentary way...But I guess it can be used descriptively(as in where somebody if from) sometimes too.
    Yeah it can definetly be used in a number of either positive or negative ways. I just use it to describe where someone or a group of people are from. Like me I'm a "Rebel" or "Reb" cause I'm from Virginia. Like my mom is from Missouri. But my dad is from Iowa so he's a "Yank". I'd personaly never use either term(s) negatively. Like a local country artist (Jason Brown)here in Iowa sings;.."my momma was a Rebel, my daddy was a Yankee. They got together and made a little hay baby. My blood runs North to South, like the mighty Mississippi (River). Yankee-doodle-dandy and and I sang Dixie."

Man I love that song.

Yeah, as far as I've seen in Canada if someone says "Yank", it usually just means someone from the States, no matter which State. It's like Canuck to Canadian, Yank to American. I don't use the term though as I could see someone taking it as offensive.

Yeah it's all how an individual interprets it. Could be bad or good. I guess I couldn't care either way. There are much more important things in life to worry about.
    In terms of the American "War for Southern Independence" (I've never liked the term "Civil War"),my family fought for both sides. So I'm proud of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    In terms of the American "War for Southern Independence" (I've never liked the term "Civil War"),my family fought for both sides. So I'm proud of both.
    Must... restrain... self...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Dana, you neglected the way Maine bills itself, at least from the signs on the highway...
    "The way life should be"
    When quoting that, I usually add a "hyuk" at the end
    Hyuk....What do you mean by that? Actually...It's more like..."Ayuh...The way life should be" (I can hear certain members of my family saying it. ).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Dana, you neglected the way Maine bills itself, at least from the signs on the highway...
    "The way life should be"
    When quoting that, I usually add a "hyuk" at the end
    Hyuk....What do you mean by that? Actually...It's more like..."Ayuh...The way life should be" (I can hear certain members of my family saying it. ).

Dana
    At least you guys have a slogan that has a message to it!! My province? Canada's Ocean Playground. My City? The City of Lakes!

Yay! My slogans inform people that I have access to both fresh and salt water!!