Poll: What should happen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Canada - Still a Draft Dogders destination

Default Canada - Still a Draft Dogders destination

First you take all our military aged youth in Vietnam, now you're taking our super heros! Thanks a lot jerks... I'm just playing.

If all the Super Heros that don't want to sign up go to Canada, you could have a very interesting development. Have lots of heros in Canada band together, this Omega Flight on top. Then you could have interesting plot lines, like Canada extraditing super heros back to the US, or even a US led invasion of Canada led by Iron Jerk. Very very intersting.

Hoever, it probubly won't be that cool, OF will probubly be boring, and have little to do with the old Af, except maybe for Guardian haveing more "airtime". And it won't last the after Civil War...

Good to be back!

Maybe Guardian and Talisman will show up and kick Iron Man's butt. After all, with the way the Civil War #4 battle went, the pro-sra just got stronger.

So Beta Ray Bill shows up to kick clone Thor, US Agent goes after clone Captain America, Talisman kicks Stretch and most of the rest, Arachne makes Spider-Man see the light, while Guardian boots Iron Man.

I figure the 'how' part of Omega Flight in Civil War won't be about who goes to Canada, but about Guardian and Talisman stepping into SHIELD and whatever Avengers are handy over NA#16, especially SHIELD. US Agent and Arachne say, "Righteous, dude and dudette" and head to Canada with them, and Beta Ray is told to beat it after pulverizing 15 or so clone Thors.

Fun, fun, fun!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm kinda hoping that OF will be formed in an attempt to deal with the influx of superhumans into Canada. The line-up makes that sound just a little bit odd though.

But hows about this... Canadian supers making their way down to the US to do some merc. work for Uncle Sam. Its something as well precedented in our history, as draft dodgers coming to Canada is in the US's.

Canada in Marvel hasn't had that great a track record. Department H is a monster most of the time, just randomly kidnaping people as they walk around. And they had their own Super-Human Registration Act not that long ago. What ever happened to that? Was it repealed or is it still in effect? I would assume that after the Joshua Lord crap they'd end it, but they never talked about it again, and the next time we saw Canada Dept. H was abducting folks and experimenting on them. Sooooo...

Really though, who would you rather have to take orders from O*N*E or Department H? Tell ya what, I'd go to Mexico!

Guardian died in AF12, and it really and truly still dead. He won't be liberating anything any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SasqFan
    Guardian died in AF12, and it really and truly still dead. He won't be liberating anything any time soon.
    Wha???????

I thought he was in outerspace...

Quote Originally Posted by Julesville
    Canada in Marvel hasn't had that great a track record. Department H is a monster most of the time, just randomly kidnaping people as they walk around. And they had their own Super-Human Registration Act not that long ago. What ever happened to that? Was it repealed or is it still in effect? I would assume that after the Joshua Lord crap they'd end it, but they never talked about it again, and the next time we saw Canada Dept. H was abducting folks and experimenting on them. Sooooo...
    According to the CW: Files, the Canadian SRa was ultimately deemed unconstitutional by parliment and overturned.

Seems a rather convenient dealing though, considering as how the Canadian government has always been portrayed as having a clenched fist in it's superhuman resources. It's seems that our SRA just had to be done away with, from a story/writers pov, so that US heroes could flee here.

You'd figure it, and other things, might have been better dealt with in a CW: Canada one-shot, if they wanted to make a big deal about Yanks flleing to "Canknuckleville"..

Then again, NA#16. 'Nuff said.