Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death of Alpha Flight closure?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Lol, I think the League of Super Pets was satire?
    It wasn't satire, maybe it was meant to be sardonic. Either way it was a lame joke. However, if Vol. 3 is being accepted as part of AF's continuity then I guess so is this.

But yah, Bendis is an okay writer 85% of the time, and a brilliant writer 5% of the time, but when he screws up... Well that other 10% is always REALLY BAD. Did you read Avengers Dissassembled? I finally bothered to read the entire thing and was astonished at the crapitude. The man... He just needs more time to think about plot.
    I guess I've only caught 10% of his work then, cause I have yet to read anything of his that is good. Not that I've read all, or even a lot of his stuff, but I'm still waiting to see something that justifies everyone's love for this guy.
    I really have no love for Bendis. It's like I only hear is name when I hear about the great writers at Marvel. Like he's the next mesiah or somethin'. I mean what about Brubaker (UXM, Cap. Am., Criminal) or Reed (Ms. Marvel), Huston (for Moonknight), or Way (for Ghostrider). Those guys have way more talent than Bendis. The only thing of his I can barely stomach is New Avengers and I'll probably drop this book right after Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Used for glue...

I hope they made horse burgers! Mmmmmm...

Both Puck (Eugene Judd) and Vindicator (Heather Hudson) have been officially listed as dead on the Marvel website:

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/in...Eugene+Judd%29

None of the others are mentioned thankfully.

Aren't the entries on that database entered in by fans, a bit like Wiki. Just wondering how official those deceased names are ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Funny they were put in that category, yet their own entries end with the Plodex thing. Are their entries written by fans but the categories are arranged by Marvel?

If you check the bibliographies in the bottom right hand corners they're recorded as deceased in NA #16. The entries themselves appear to be old ones reused.

Puck doesn't seem like one to die. I mean he's one of the most durable members on the team for sure.

Fans make the entries on the marvel website, even I have edited a few myself. Their unreliable

Puck doesn't seem like one to die. I mean he's one of the most durable members on the team for sure.
    Guardian is but I get what your saying.

Actually writers have ignored his durability for years now, I bet Puck's upcoming handbook entry will ignore it as well.

Even though Puck is the heart and soul of the team to us, I'm pretty sure he is one of the major reasons for the "giggle factor" (as Mr. Oeming put it) from outsiders when thinking of Alpha Flight.

I could easily see Marvel killing him off, though if he survives, all I see him being used for is a trainer.

Yep you hit the nail on the head there. I also think Shaman is good as dead as well, even though he didn't really have the "giggle-factor" it's a way to bring in Talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Even though Puck is the heart and soul of the team to us, I'm pretty sure he is one of the major reasons for the "giggle factor" (as Mr. Oeming put it) from outsiders when thinking of Alpha Flight.
    Puck's "giggle factor" is largely a result of his lame costume. (Proof that Byrne is not without flaws.)

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Actually writers have ignored his durability for years now, I bet Puck's upcoming handbook entry will ignore it as well.
    No, it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Puck's "giggle factor" is largely a result of his lame costume. (Proof that Byrne is not without flaws.)
    Bah! I love that costume, not the one where is legs arn't covered though

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    No, it won't.
    His last handbook entry did, never even mentioned the Master experiments...X-Men Encyclopedia vol.2

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    No, it won't.
    His last handbook entry did, never even mentioned the Master experiments...X-Men Encyclopedia vol.2
    Again, emphasis on last.
    You've got one of the writers/editors here telling you it won't....

He's a writer for the handbooks? haha well then, I actually had no idea.

Well that made my day I'm quite excited for it now