Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Death of Alpha Flight closure?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    No, it won't.
    His last handbook entry did, never even mentioned the Master experiments...X-Men Encyclopedia vol.2
    Again, emphasis on last.
    You've got one of the writers/editors here telling you it won't....
    Thanks. And in this case, specifically the writer of Puck's entry. I just handed it in a couple of days ago. The Master's experiments are definitely mentioned, along with a heck of a lot of other stuff.

Thanks. And in this case, specifically the writer of Puck's entry. I just handed it in a couple of days ago. The Master's experiments are definitely mentioned, along with a heck of a lot of other stuff.
    I honestly had no idea you were the writer, my apologizes

I guess you can't give us any hints eh?

What kind of hints could I give you? Assuming space restraints don't cause a trim, its a pretty thorough profile of his Puck, going back to his activities in the Spanish Civil War, his imprisoning of Razer within his own body, retraining under monks and mystics to learn to use his new body, at least two trips to Crystalium, fighting with the Outcasts, joining Department H, etc.

What kind of hints could I give you? Assuming space restraints don't cause a trim, its a pretty thorough profile of his Puck, going back to his activities in the Spanish Civil War, his imprisoning of Razer within his own body, retraining under monks and mystics to learn to use his new body, at least two trips to Crystalium, fighting with the Outcasts, joining Department H, etc.
    Excellent, I believe this will be the first thorough Puck handbook entry to date. I'm very excited about it, as Eugene is one of my favorite characters. Does he by chance still have his metahuman durability?

Sweet! Im psyched for this entry!!

Excellent, I believe this will be the first thorough Puck handbook entry to date.
    I've tried. Hopefully you'll be pleased, though as ever, space constraints will mean its impossible to cover everything in detail.

I'm very excited about it, as Eugene is one of my favorite characters. Does he by chance still have his metahuman durability?
    While subsequent writers sometimes seem to forget that he possesses it, there's no actual evidence he doesn't have it any more, and no reason or cause for him to have lost it. So, in short, yes, he does.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

So, in short, yes, he does.
    No pun intended, I hope.
    Groan.

- Le Messor
    "Being asked whether it was better to marry or not, he replied, "Whichever you do, you will repent it."
    - Attributed to Socrates in Diogenes Laertius' Socrates

I've tried. Hopefully you'll be pleased, though as ever, space constraints will mean its impossible to cover everything in detail.
    I'm sure I willl, and yeah I don't expect a huge lengthy bio. Even 2 pages I would be quite happy with

While subsequent writers sometimes seem to forget that he possesses it, there's no actual evidence he doesn't have it any more, and no reason or cause for him to have lost it. So, in short, yes, he does.
    You sir have just made my day, haha thank you very much

I'm sure I willl, and yeah I don't expect a huge lengthy bio. Even 2 pages I would be quite happy with
    I'd equate length that Marvel allows with probability of Puck showing up, but since Talisman (or whomever that is) is supposedly the heart of the old alpha in Omega I'd doubt it. I still have to think he'll show up somewhere though...

Bah! Puck's the heart of Alpha Flight from the old series, he's the man. Over on another board I created a huge Puck fanclub after I made the respect thread for him.

Bah! Puck's the heart of Alpha Flight from the old series, he's the man.
    Hmmm...I've noticed a few Alpha fans say this from time to time, but to me...It's all a matter of opinion.

It's pretty clear from John Byrne's AF run that Mac and Heather are the "hearts" of AF(as it should be), Heather more so when Mac died (of course).

Bill Mantlo focused on Puck very heavily, so you could probably say then that he became the heart of AF...Although, Heather kept the team going (barely) and she also was heavily focused on by Mr. Mantlo.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'll have to agree with Dana when he says it's all a matter of opinion, but will have to disagree in regards to Mantlo. To my mind Puck came into his own after the death of Mac. It was Judd who encouraged Heather and supported her during that time. Mantlo then turned him into a whiney no hoper who moaned constantly. I wouldn't say that Puck was the heart of AF under mantlo, but initially Puck embodied the concept of AF as Mac had envisaged it, Mantlo just took all that away.

Just my two cents worth.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hey i say Puck as members even said he was, and I believe a handbook entry even stated as such. He's one of my favorite characters so of course I'm going to be biased

but yes without Heather there wouldn't have been a team for as long as there was.