Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death of Alpha Flight closure?

Default Death of Alpha Flight closure?

I didn't know AF died until a friend of mine showed me a copy of his New Avengers #16 today. Was there any closure in this story line? Is Alpha gone for good?

its Marvel. nothing is guaranteed. I dont recall a funeral but Wolverine did mention that the POstman killed AF. Thing is, Puck and Sasquatch could have recuperrated from injuries knowing their powers and history. Vindicator and Zuzha Yu I aint sure of. MML and Shaman are probably dead unless some spell was invoked. We do have Omega Flight that might answer some questions

Wow, I just made Alpha Flight stauts. YESSSSSSSSSSSS

As of yet there has been no mention of Alpha Flight or their current status. It's for sure members did in fact die, but there are some who survived.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    Wow, I just made Alpha Flight stauts. YESSSSSSSSSSSS
    Congrats, man! Welcome to the club!

As for closure, I hope they don't wait til Omega #1. Especially since Miller is such a big fan, I hope at least Guardian shows up in Civil War, explains some things and sets up for the new series. Get some more attention in the mainstream book can only help!

And don't forget, Joe Q said Speedball is "dead" too... it could well be used figuratively.

Ben

I figure Guardian and Puck survived, not Zuzha Yu or Lou Sadler; likely not Shaman, maybe not Vindicator, maybe not Sasquatch. maybe Civil War will give out who lived and died before Omega Flight.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Oeming mentioned over on his board that MM Jr. won't be appearing in Omega Flight. Between that and MM Jr's popularity, or lack thereof, I think it is a fair bet that he is ranked amongst the dead. But then, who knows...

As much as I hate to say it, Shaman is most likely dead as this is probally the reason Talisman deceides to become part of Omega Flight.

I'd say it's hard to say still either way. Talisman in AF probably means Shaman is dead but as Ben says, maybe nobody is dead. Just because Guardian is in OF doesn't mean Heather is dead. They do lie a bit, or plain obscure that there is no set 'who is dead' thing. Until it's in print, everything can be 'unwritten' (remember the Monarch fiasco with Captain Atom?).

To me it would make sense if Shaman, Sasquatch, Zuzha, and MML were dead, Puck not, Heather poorly off but still capable of doing nonsuperhero stuff. But who knows how it will ultimately spin out, if at all?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Hell, maybe he just depowered some of them. Didn't Mail Man like to absorb powers? Maybe "Sasquatch" is dead but Walter is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Hell, maybe he just depowered some of them. Didn't Mail Man like to obsorbe powers? Maybe "Sasquatch" is dead but Walter is alive.
    He only absorbed the powers of the mutants that lost their power during M-Day. He never shown to take anyone else powers, all though he can give them (ie. Turning Ms.Marvel back into Binary).

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Hell, maybe he just depowered some of them. Didn't Mail Man like to obsorbe powers? Maybe "Sasquatch" is dead but Walter is alive.
    He only absorbed the powers of the mutants that lost their power during M-Day. He never shown to take anyone else powers, all though he can give them (ie. Turning Ms.Marvel back into Binary).
    Exactly, but really, how much of a chore would it be to write "This Collective character must have the ability to absorb superhuman powers aswell!" Done. If that's all it took to keep them alive, do it!

Not to mention - it's Marvel. I mean even Psylocke has come back from the dead... or better... BUCKY! And I have a feeling the original Captain Mar-Vell is going to return... just a sneaky suspicion I have had for QUITE a few months now...

So if Shaman, Guardian, Sas - any of them are dead - it would just take one writer to bring them back... and I'd be surprised if someone didn't... eventually.

I just wanted to ask, do you think Bendis had "a bigger plan" when he killed off AF in New Avengers #16? I remember right after the event people were discussing on several forums, and a lot of people said "just wait, it's all part of some bigger plan".

Now there has gone a while, and I just have to ask what you think. Was the "battle" against AF just a weak way to try to show the readers what a "bad ass" his new creation (the collective) was? I mean, if that was the only idea behind it, and Flight characters were going to be killed of, could he not at least have thrown in a few pages of Alpha Flight standing their ground and using their powers before succumbing to the Collective?

Rune