Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your comic "pull list". Any new stuff....

Default What's your comic "pull list". Any new stuff....

I'm just alittle bored so I thought I'd find out what everyone is reading in terms of comics nowadays. And is there any new stuff coming out that you might pick up?

If truth be known I'm not actually collecting a great deal at present. I'm buying most things 'Civil War' and do pick up X-Men, but only cos of the Alpha appearences we've had. Out of the Civil War stuff I'm probably enjoying 'Wolverine' most, but the art doesn't really appeal to me.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Right now for me:
    -Captain America- Ed Brubaker is the best writer in comics in my opinion. Epting and D'Armata (art team) is magnificent as well.

-Uncanny X-Men- I picked this up 4 issues ago when Ed Brubaker took over as writer. I hadn't read UXM in many, many years.

-New Avengers- Though I'm not a big fan of Bendis this series has been decent. I may drop it soon if things don't pick up after Civil War.

-Ms. Marvel- Good stories and space aliens. Not to mention the costume. Need I say more.

-Ghost Rider- Decent start for the new series. Not sure about it yet.

-Astonishing X-Men- Good stories and I love the characters. Only problem with this title is that the team has had a very difficult time getting out an issue on time.

-Civil War- This series has been pretty good. I've been picking up the Frontline stuff along with the main series. The new Heroes-for-Hire series was decent in its first issues. And I've picked up the X-Men CW stuff as well. I also got the Cable and Deadpool series having to do with CW. I may continue this series after CW ends.

-Moon Knight- Great, great series. Love the art and stories.

For new stuff I'll be picking up the new Union Jack mini-series that comes out next week (I think). I may also pick up Blade. After CW I'll be gettin' the new Omega Flight and the new Spider-Woman stand alone series. I may even try Mighty Avengers. I'm not sure about this one yet though.

For non Marvel stuff I read Painkiller Jane from Dynamite! Entertainment and Devi from Virgin Comics.

Civil War
    Moon Knight
    Hulk
    Exiles
    Annihilation

and whatever might grab my attention.

Ben

I actually picked up the first couple of issues of Moon Knight, but found the pacing wasn't doing it for me. That said, the art and my past affinity for the character has convinced me that I'll pick up the TPB when it inevitably comes out
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Franco-belgium comic mostly once in a while and usually to give as a gift (nice format for that).
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

The only thing that I have bought on a consistent basis in years is Civili War and CW: Frontline. I've checked out a few issues of the New Avengers, Ms. Marvel, and ahve bought some back isues of AF vol.1 and vol.2.

I'm mostly waiting for Omega Flight to hit the stands, and will probably give the forthcoming Thor comic a chance too.

I thought about getting back into the X-Men, but man, there are so many titles, and so much has changed (Cyke and Emma Frost?!?!?!?!)... forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I actually picked up the first couple of issues of Moon Knight, but found the pacing wasn't doing it for me. That said, the art and my past affinity for the character has convinced me that I'll pick up the TPB when it inevitably comes out
    Yeah, the pacing has been a bit slow, but I just love the art/character, so it's tolerable.

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that I'm also reading through the first volume of Alpha Flight. This is gonna take me awhile.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Fallen Angel,
    Astonishing and Uncanny
    Wolverine Origins (though it's not on my pull-list yet. gotta do that today.)
    JLA and Avengers
    Teen Titans
    Runaways
    Young Avengers
    Runaways / Young Avengers
    Civil War (But I don't need no civil war. It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.)

There's this new title coming out that I'm kinda excited about. I'm a little cynical about some of the things the writer & artist have said, in a 'yeah, I've heard it before' way but it's looking good. It's called 'Omega Flight', I recommend you take a look at it.

Also, new series of ClanDestine. Coming soon. Apparently.

Oooh gawd... erm...

Rex Mundi
    Stormwatch PHD - Gonna try this for Jackson King... my digits are crossed.
    The Boys
    American Virgin - Am wavering on this one; as with a lot of Seagle stuff it starts out strong but then starts going downhill rapidly.
    DMZ
    Cross Bronx
    Elephantmen
    Phonogram
    Ultimate Power
    Ultimate X-Men
    Ultimates 2/3/4
    OHOTMU A-Z when it has Alphan bio's.
    Bullet Points
    Civil War
    Eternals
    Nextwave
    Onslaught Reborn
    What If.. Wolverine:EOTS
    Astonishing X-Men
    Cable/Deadpool
    Exiles
    Wolverine
    Wolverine:Origins
    X-Factor
    X-Men
    Punisher
    Wisdom
    Black Gas 2
    Wormwood Gentleman Corpse
    Leading Man
    Local
    Se7en

Recently dropped:

Manifest Eternity
    Uncanny X-Men

I'm reading...

Civil War
    Civil War Frontline
    the Amazing Spider Man & Wolverine CW tie ins
    New Avengers
    X-Factor
    Nextwave
    Godland
    BPRD / Hellboy whenever they show up
    ...and I'm trying the first arc of the new JLA just for kicks.

I think I'm increasingly going to start picking up trades though, as they seem to be a much better value for my dollar (and the idea of building a little library of them appeals to me). The only things that I might keep going monthly on are Nextwave, Godland and Omega Flight when it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Oooh gawd... erm...

Rex Mundi
    Stormwatch PHD - Gonna try this for Jackson King... my digits are crossed.
    The Boys
    American Virgin - Am wavering on this one; as with a lot of Seagle stuff it starts out strong but then starts going downhill rapidly.
    DMZ
    Cross Bronx
    Elephantmen
    Phonogram
    Ultimate Power
    Ultimate X-Men
    Ultimates 2/3/4
    OHOTMU A-Z when it has Alphan bio's.
    Bullet Points
    Civil War
    Eternals
    Nextwave
    Onslaught Reborn
    What If.. Wolverine:EOTS
    Astonishing X-Men
    Cable/Deadpool
    Exiles
    Wolverine
    Wolverine:Origins
    X-Factor
    X-Men
    Punisher
    Wisdom
    Black Gas 2
    Wormwood Gentleman Corpse
    Leading Man
    Local
    Se7en

Recently dropped:

Manifest Eternity
    Uncanny X-Men
    You must be a busy man! You dropped Uncanny X-Men. Why? If you don't mind me askin'.

I dropped it and adjectiveless during House of M, cos it was boring the living wotsits out of me.
    Brubaker's Deadly Genesis was alright so I picked up the first two issues of his run but they just did nothing for me, even with Clayton's artwork every third issue.
    Carey's X-Men however has clicked with me, Northstar & Aurora aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I dropped it and adjectiveless during House of M, cos it was boring the living wotsits out of me.
    Brubaker's Deadly Genesis was alright so I picked up the first two issues of his run but they just did nothing for me, even with Clayton's artwork every third issue.
    Carey's X-Men however has clicked with me, Northstar & Aurora aside.
    Ah, to each his own.