Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Calimee Art (Image Intensive)

Default John Calimee Art (Image Intensive)

John Calimee sent some scans of work he did during the summer. He was working on one specific thing and it gave him the urge to do a few more. There's these here and John says that if anyone wants to see more then just shout.

Any of you artistic types want to ink, colour etc, please feel free, maybe post the results here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Whoa!....I didn't like John C's artwork on Alpha Flight...but now I realize it must have been the penciler muddying the pencils. Those are absolutely gorgeous. Sorry John.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Dana, John admits that he wasn't ready for a gig like AF, but I gotta agree about how maybe the inking didn't do him any favours, plus the colouring during his tenure didn't actually set my world alight. I'm not sure how many more he did during the summer, but if I get any more scans I'll post them here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

NICE pencils!! Very nice

Del

I worked with John as an inker WAAAAAY back in the day- can you pass my email to him and tell him to drop me a line?
    Thanks!

Mike

Oeming@aol.com
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    Del

I worked with John as an inker WAAAAAY back in the day- can you pass my email to him and tell him to drop me a line?
    Thanks!

Mike

Oeming@aol.com
    I'll pass that along tonight. He did have a message which I posted elsewhere, but have bought it over here.

Quote:
    John Calimee

Best news here is reading Mike Oeming is taking over the chores of Alpha, well Omega Flight. How cool is that! And he posts to the forum??? Say hi to Mike! I'm a big fan. I did a few (very few) ghost layouts for Mike back in his self publishing days. The little guy with the big guns. -He didn't know it but I was fond of calling him 'Mini-Hulk' back in the day. -A great guy. Talented as hell. And he's leading the life I always dreamed of. The bastard.

You may quote all that.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Whoa!....I didn't like John C's artwork on Alpha Flight...but now I realize it must have been the penciler muddying the pencils. Those are absolutely gorgeous. Sorry John.

Dana
    People undervalue inkers. A good inker is worth their weight in gold. If you're not inking your own stuff, you're gambling on the skill of someone else, and that can be a nerve-wracking thing. The right inker can actually make your art stronger, but in the hands of someone who just doesn't get it the very best, clearest of pencils can go to Hell in a handbasket.

Very nice backgrounds on the shots. Detailed backgrounds take me too damned long. Lovely work.

Me likey. Especially the one with Galactus in it.

I'm kinda hooked on the Hulk pic myself, I would love to see that inked and coloured (hint! hint!).
    Del

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Beautiful work!

Default John has sent some more

I have been toying with these pics a little and using a little package called Snap Fire have come up with the following.
    Thor, Thor 2, Spiderman, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Hulk, Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, Aquaman.
    Del

Default Re: John has sent some more

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Dude... freaking amazing....

Respect to John.

Those are some very sweet pencils Mr. John Calimee has done. I would love to see a AF vs. Llan the Sorcerer pin-up, (hint hint). Thanks for sharin' those with us Del.

MM

Man, those are some nice pics! I especially like the GL one.

EDIT TO ADD: Yeah, DB thanks for sharin'.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

He's really good these days; but I can still see the 'old' Calimee in there, in the Alpha and Thor pics.

It's in the poses, I think.

Man, I wish he'd drawn like that back then!

Come back, John Calimee! All is forgiven!

- Le Messor
    "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be."