Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: scott kollins interview over at popculture

Gotta love that pic, even if it is only for research. Reading that interview gives me lot's of hope for this title.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

it really seems that scott and oeming really have their roots in the original byrne run.

Reading this interview really makes me like this book even more. It's good that both of the members of the creative team are avid AF fans and that they're both doing they're homework.

Man that was great. I'm getting more and more excited for this title. Visuals are very important to the story and I love how he sounds so attentive to detail. No matter how well a book is written, if the art is bad, it turns me right off.

"Who wrote that stuff in Alpha?? Good grief..." lol Lobdell burn

PS
    Can I ask you guys how to add an image to the signature? I tried adding even just text for a sig and save my profile, but it doesn't change anything. lol Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    it really seems that scott and oeming really have their roots in the original byrne run.
    Truth be told, when we started, it was all about getting away from old Flight because of sales- and thats still our MARKETING stratagy, but more time goes by, the more we are incorporating things from the original Flight

It wont look like that, especially in the firs few issues, but trust me, at this point the book is very grounded in Flights history and tradition.

M!
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

I'm jazzed. What I said before with "If I can't work on it, I'm glad these guys are"? Twice as strong a sentiment after reading that interview.

I like the Snowbird sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    Truth be told, when we started, it was all about getting away from old Flight because of sales- and thats still our MARKETING stratagy, but more time goes by, the more we are incorporating things from the original Flight

It wont look like that, especially in the firs few issues, but trust me, at this point the book is very grounded in Flights history and tradition.

M!

i completely understand, but at least we know that the same issues that we read and loved a long time ago are the same ones that influenced both you and kollins to pitch this book and for him to want to draw it.

now we need to see more skteches or plots of the upcoming series.

Truth be told, when we started, it was all about getting away from old Flight because of sales- and thats still our MARKETING stratagy, but more time goes by, the more we are incorporating things from the original Flight It wont look like that, especially in the firs few issues, but trust me, at this point the book is very grounded in Flights history and tradition.

Nice to hear! This book will just be that darn good!
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Much respect to Oeming for talking to the fans and informing us...all will be well

The more I hear the more I like it. That sketch is great. I'd bid on it if the proceeds were going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead

PS
    Can I ask you guys how to add an image to the signature? I tried adding even just text for a sig and save my profile, but it doesn't change anything. lol Am I doing something wrong?
    Yeah, I spent at least an hour yesterday trying to get an image into my signature. I put my particular image into the photo album on the site here. And tried to cut and paste it, but it didn't work. I guess I was doing something wrong. I tried typing it in manualy into the signature (surrounded by the appropriate [img] and [/img] stuff and it still didn't work.

For me to get it to work I did this: I have a photobucket account. So I found an image I liked of the internet and saved it to my computer. I went to my photobucket account and uploaded it to my account. Then it gave me an image url (among others) off my image. I then cut the url off of photobucket, went to my AF profile and pasted it into my signature. And it worked.

M!
    Good stuff to hear. Thanks for keeping us "in the loop" for as much as you can.