Poll: So, Who Exactly Is Guardian ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Who Wears The Suit ?

Another way to look at it is that you can only see one Canadian (Guardian), because you can't see the figures that are shadowed...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Another way to look at it is that you can only see one Canadian (Guardian), because you can't see the figures that are shadowed...
    That's what I was trying to say in my overly vague way.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    one Canadian in that picture (and when the writer says that, he isn't counting maple leafs).
    Not quite. He coyly answered that he could only "see one Canadian"
    I knew that.
    But, see the bit in brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    I stopped reading the series almost immediately. But I do remember him bringing them back at the very last.
    Lobdell did that; but he didn't bring "back the original Alpha Flight in their full strength."

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Actually I think it's more that people chose not to respond, as many are looking at the positive side of this, and not concentrating on the possible negatives. This is a fresh start, a fresh title. 99% of what people are saying over the net is positive, lets all give the book a chance before condemning it.
    to not being worth a response.

Please, please don't think I've been condemning the series before reading it. I've been very careful to say that it looks good, and I plan to pick it up and read it (as I did v2 and v3 before it), and this one I might enjoy.

My gripe has always been the feeling that people are telling me my Alpha Fanhood obliges me to buy this book.

Also, I see patterns. That is my blessing. That is my curse.

I call it a 'blurse'.
    It means that I listen for certain combinations of words. And when those combinations have always, in the past, led to pain for me, I do not like to hear them again.
    'Trust me' is the worst one of all. When I hear them, the last thing that will ever, ever happen is that I will trust the teller.
    ... and that was true even before... but I'm not telling that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Oeming knows exactly who is in that picture. As the writer, he should know their exact origins (as he's writing them), too.
    If he's playing silly word games like that with us, that's the sort of thing that will make me negative about this book.
    ... unless he puts it in the text as a game. I'd enjoy it then.

- Le Messor
    Now that we're all supposed to be Alpha / Omega fans, maybe we should change the name of the forum. I suggest: "The Flight Club".

Of course, since the first rule of Flight Club is, we don't talk about Flight Club, we're gonna lose a lot of publicity.

Default **BUMP**

Giving this a little bump due to the recent renewed speculation. Trying to figure this with all the new info factored in.

Mac ? Not sure any more, almost sure, but not definately certain.
    Tony Stark ? Can't see it at all, no reason for him to go to Canada, prolly going to be 'Head of Shield'.
    Captain America ? Kinda doubt it, with the American Gov having a liason with Omega, it would suggest that OF will be closely associated with the pro reg sentiment.
    Hawkeye ? I don't think Marvel would want to tie him to a new Identity so soon after any return.
    Major Maple Leaf ? I wouldn't think so, too inept or percieved by fans as so.
    Sean Bernard ? Good as choice as any. Some experience with the technology. Canadian gov could coherce him. They never actually went after him after the Egghead business, doesn't mean they wouldn't.

Any more candidates?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: **BUMP**

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Any more candidates?
    Northstar? Not a bad choice, really.
    MML? I could live with this. They could even call him MML.
    Jeffries? I could live with this too.

Tony Stark? The worst idea ever, worse than Steve Rogers.
    Frankly, if they dare put any American in that suit...

James Hudson is fine, then I'd go with Wild Child I guess. As long as it's a Canadian! It would be stupendously idiotic to put anyone else in the suit, like Barton or Ben Ulrich.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    ...Now that we're all supposed to be Alpha / Omega fans, maybe we should change the name of the forum. I suggest: "The Flight Club".

Of course, since the first rule of Flight Club is, we don't talk about Flight Club, we're gonna lose a lot of publicity.
    I don't have a guess as to who might be in the Guardian suit [today], I just find the name-change suggestion amusing and I like it!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

What if the suit is just a costume and not THE suit? The person wearing it may have their own powers and is wearing it in the memory of AF. I just had a thought while reading an interview that it could be Walter in the Guardian outfit, he does have the physique shown in the pic and we know he's alive and shows up in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    What if the suit is just a costume and not THE suit? The person wearing it may have their own powers and is wearing it in the memory of AF.
    Well techincally that's what happened to Mac near the end of Alpha Flight. He was the suit thanks to his upgrade, he didn't need to wear the suit. However, that has since been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    What if the suit is just a costume and not THE suit? The person wearing it may have their own powers and is wearing it in the memory of AF. I just had a thought while reading an interview that it could be Walter in the Guardian outfit, he does have the physique shown in the pic and we know he's alive and shows up in the book.
    If it's Northstar in the suit, I'd prefer that it just be a costume. I'd also prefer he remained known as Northstar.

Doesn't Northstar now have upgraded abilities that vaguely resemble the blast-emitting powers of the EM suit?

If it's Jeffries in the suit, I'd prefer it function as the EM suit. Which makes total sense, given that Jeffries and Bochs created Heather's suit.

I hope it's not Walter in the suit.

Ya know, I'm now perfectly fine with the fact that AF was wiped out. As long as someone can fill the roles of Guardian (like Northstar or Jeffries), Sasquatch (like Narya) and Shaman (Talisman, obviously), the basic "feel" of AF is retained.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    If it's Northstar in the suit, I'd prefer that it just be a costume. I'd also prefer he remained known as Northstar.
    I just think, given Northstar history, it would be a little bit too much to see him in the suit. Remember he was part of the FLQ? Even if I don't like that part of his history, I don't think it can be forgotten. But most of all, I don't think it would be IN character to do that.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I just think, given Northstar history, it would be a little bit too much to see him in the suit. Remember he was part of the FLQ? Even if I don't like that part of his history, I don't think it can be forgotten. But most of all, I don't think it would be IN character to do that.
    That was a long time ago. He was pardoned by the Prime Minister. He has been a proud member of Canada's AF. He even wore the red team suit for a time. Remember this?

I didn't like the team suits, by the way.

If Hudson is dead, I think Northstar is the best choice to take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch

I didn't like the team suits, by the way.

If Hudson is dead, I think Northstar is the best choice to take his place.
    It's a team suit, he is not the symbol of canada like the guardian suit is. If you like, it's like those soverign athlete representing Canada to the olympic Games. You just don't know how many there is.

Northstar would be maybe a good choice as a leader but not in the suit. Aurora would make a lot better choice than Northstar. Except it's obvious, it's not a woman.

And I don't see Northstar in the fleur de lys/Québec flag either. That would be a joke. Northstar never wanted to be a model, he just want to be himself.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Well techincally that's what happened to Mac near the end of Alpha Flight. He was the suit thanks to his upgrade, he didn't need to wear the suit. However, that has since been ignored.
    Yeah, IMO the whole Mac is a cyborg/now he's not screwed his character around about as bad as the multiple "deaths". However, the point I was trying to make was maybe it's Walter in the costume. He could be wearing one made from unstable molecules so he can transform into Sasquatch. Or, how about this? Walt's suffering from survivor's guilt and takes on the mantle of Guardian at some point in the near future to keep Mac's dream alive.

Well, I am a little late to post on this poll, but heck
    I am a newbie here! lol

My vote (if they are still being counted)
    is for "someone else" ,
    that someone being, of course, Weapon Omega himself, Kyle Gibney.
    I know my theory got shot full of holes, but i am sticking by it because it is all I can think of that at least makes some sense.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/