Poll: So, Who Exactly Is Guardian ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who Wears The Suit ?

Quote Originally Posted by RolandT
    I only think James Hudson as Guardian now.
    =D>

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    =D> Nice one Ben. And yeah, despite all my reservations, I'll still give Omega Flight a chance. A slim one anyways.
    I just pray my favorites of the old guard weren't killed. [-o< Actually I wish non of them were.
    Hey, Sasquatch is hands down my favorite comic character ever, and the though of him being killed off is very bad, but honestly, what's perminant in the industry? Any if this all raises enough attention for Alpha Flight and makes for a sustainable book, it's worth waiting for a resurrection.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    What, I can't watch Stargate without Ricard Dean Anderson!!!! What, you mean they changed a BUNCH of characters???? NOOOOOO!!!!! What, you say that starting out after the change they just had two original characters?! That's not Stargate! I won't watch it!!!! Hey....wait...this is pretty good...actually it's really good! And what? They added back other characters from past seasons? And Richard Dean anderson does some guest apperances? Cool! and wow, it's so different....fresh, new ideas...but it's still Stargate...WOW!!!!!

Ben
    Ha good one Ben... except this isn't goingto be AF, and the last two "AF" "seasons" sucked.

What, I can't watch Stargate without Ricard Dean Anderson!!!! What, you mean they changed a BUNCH of characters???? NOOOOOO!!!!! What, you say that starting out after the change they just had two original characters?! That's not Stargate! I won't watch it!!!! Hey....wait...this is pretty good...actually it's really good! And what? They added back other characters from past seasons? And Richard Dean anderson does some guest apperances? Cool! and wow, it's so different....fresh, new ideas...but it's still Stargate...WOW!!!!!

Ben
    It's not the same, Ben...

Stargate SG-1 is still called Stargate SG-1 with the same ongoing concept...Just like the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four...Some of the faces may come and go, but it still has it's name and heart. Omega Flight is not the same on any level (as far as we've been informed) as Alpha Flight. We can't say..."it's still Alpha Flight...WOW!!!!!"...because it's not.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd

Ben
    Ha good one Ben... except this isn't goingto be AF, and the last two "AF" "seasons" sucked.
    Yuppers!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm with Ben. Like Star Trek, 4 new series, 4 new characters, and though Voyager and Enterprise were awfully week, Deep Space 9 and Next Generation were very good telestories and lived up to the original and made fans happy. I think v2 was making fans happy from the sales numbers and such.

So I am eager for the release of Omega Flight. And Oeming said Alpha Flight members would show up in Omega Flight too, again.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

I'm torn on this one. I personally prefer Heather as the leader of Alpha Flight, but James is a much more iconic figure to me. Call me sexist if you must, but he just portray a stronger image, and that's typically what a nation wants to portray in its symbology. But, does that mean it has to be Mac to display a strong icon? Not really! I think it'd be great if it turned out to be someone else, and Mac came back and kicked the snot out of them to get his suit and team back. In fact he should bring his team back with him. Sasquatch fully unleashing Tanaraq against Beta Ray Bill would be fun to watch. Puck vs. USAgent and Vindicator battling Arachne would be cool too. Imagine Talisman witnessing this melee and trying to decide who she helps. I say initially put someone else in the Guardian suit and let things develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I'm torn on this one. I personally prefer Heather as the leader of Alpha Flight, but James is a much more iconic figure to me. Call me sexist if you must, but he just portray a stronger image, and that's typically what a nation wants to portray in its symbology.
    I don't think it's necessarily sexist, unless you're looking at it from the point of view of physical strength based on gender... and that's kind of irrelevant when you're talking about people wearing super suits and tossing around tanks.

I agree that Mac makes the stronger figure, though. There's a difference between someone who uses high tech to battle crime, and someone capable of developing/creating superhumanly developed high tech and using it themselves. In the mini-series, "Marvels", it was pointed out that the man on the street accepted Iron Man because "he's just an athlete in a suit. A hired guy. It's not like he invented it or anything." That was the public's perception, of course.

What makes people like Mac and Tony Stark superheroes isn't the fact that they've got atomic longjohns, but the fact that their MASSIVE BRAINS built those things. Otherwise they'd just be heroes riding the wave. Superheroes must, by definition, exceed normal human capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    =D> Nice one Ben. And yeah, despite all my reservations, I'll still give Omega Flight a chance. A slim one anyways.
    I just pray my favorites of the old guard weren't killed. [-o< Actually I wish non of them were.
    Hey, Sasquatch is hands down my favorite comic character ever, and the though of him being killed off is very bad, but honestly, what's perminant in the industry? Any if this all raises enough attention for Alpha Flight and makes for a sustainable book, it's worth waiting for a resurrection.

Ben
    Very true. Excellent points. I can be patient as well. (I think.)

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I voted for "other"...

...because I just don't think a back-from-the-dead, is-he-a-cyborg, is-he-a-clone, is-he-from-displaced-outerspace, who the hell is he Mac is viable.
    It's too confusing. Omega Flight needs a blanker slate to get up and running, and making it Mac would be counter to that.

As to who it may be, I won't be real mad---even if it's "Major Mapleleaf"---unless Guardian turns out to be "Mailman Mike," the guy who allegedly killed Alpha Flight in the first place. I'm hoping "Mailman Mike"/The Zorn is in the process of getting a serious *ss-kicking by Omega Flight.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Mr. Oeming has said Mailman Mike is not in Omega Flight.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

really? where? if true then I'm solid for this book

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    In the Alpha/Omega thread. Garry/Al-Fan mentions it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    In the Alpha/Omega thread. Garry/Al-Fan mentions it.
    Thank the lord, I'm gold now

Default Re: I voted for "other"...

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    ...because I just don't think a back-from-the-dead, is-he-a-cyborg, is-he-a-clone, is-he-from-displaced-outerspace, who the hell is he Mac is viable.
    It's too confusing. Omega Flight needs a blanker slate to get up and running, and making it Mac would be counter to that.
    I think that's pretty much the case with any Alpha character. The trick is in paying homage to the past with little comments that the fans will grasp, but not mooring the writing in it so that a convoluted continuity bible is required to understand it.

Having someone else in the suit seems to be on par with having a different strongman in the FF besides Ben Grimm, or someone other than Stark in Ironman's tin suit: sure, it may make for a decent story and fly for awhile, but the trend seems to be to always return the creator to his creation.

It makes sense in light of the tropes of the genre.