Poll: So, Who Exactly Is Guardian ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Wears The Suit ?

Default Who Wears The Suit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Guardian - We know it's the suit, but who's in it? So far I've seen it suggested that it's Mac, Steve Rogers, John Walker, Clint Barton or Tony Stark?
    Sounds like a poll question to me.
    I've gone with Mac, given Eds comments about corpses not crying.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

no option of "someone else"?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Consider it done Jeff
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: Who Wears The Suit ?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jimmy Mac -- but I've got to say, the interview with the creative team has me curious. This may be the first Marvel comic I've picked up since the first run of the Ultimates.

I picked Mac also, but you have to wonder, did Bendis tell the artist to draw a tear? If so, did he have this Omega flight in mind? They never mentioned it in interviews when people would ask if they were dead. If it was intentional, you'd think someone would have mentioned "corpses don't cry". I have a feeling it was just added by the artist to create an even more somber mood.

Having said that, I do think it's a great idea and hope it was intentional. Good eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I picked Mac also, but you have to wonder, did Bendis tell the artist to draw a tear? If so, did he have this Omega flight in mind? They never mentioned it in interviews when people would ask if they were dead. If it was intentional, you'd think someone would have mentioned "corpses don't cry". I have a feeling it was just added by the artist to create an even more somber mood.

Having said that, I do think it's a great idea and hope it was intentional. Good eye!
    I think you're completely right. It was likely artistic license at the time. That said, I'm clinging to that bit of hope. I'd really like to see Mac and Elizabeth forming the core of this new team (because you know Walker's going to return home at some point -- he's too patriotic not to), and few people know what to do with Bill, so he's unlikely to stay after the current creative team. Hopefully in that transition, we'll find out that more of the Alphans have survived, and fill the gaps.

Edit: And does anybody else find it mildly disturbing that we refer to fictional characters on a first name basis?

I voted for Mac 'cause I'm holding out hope he survived.

I'm hoping that it's Mac as well. Though I like Heather's character, Mac should have been the true leader of AF. He was never given a decent chance.
    Though I just now reading through the entire volume 1 of AF, Mac was just casted aside in my opinion. An empty filler almost, if you will. So hopefully Mac is given the chance he deserves in this new incarnation.

If truth be known, I would say that Mac had his greatest character developement in the pages of UXM between #109 - #140/ Even before he died in AF he didn't actually have the chance to become embedded.

Off on a tangent here, welcome to the forum Guardian, so tell us, is it you in that pic?
    Del

Maybe it is Mac but not in the essence we are thinking. Maybe the writers took the fact that Gentry was Mac and reveal the real Mac and he is angry that he never got the chance to reveal it was him

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    Maybe it is Mac but not in the essence we are thinking. Maybe the writers took the fact that Gentry was Mac and reveal the real Mac and he is angry that he never got the chance to reveal it was him
    I see what you're sayin but I think it might be too confusing for people picking up a Flight book for the first time. They'll say "Who the @#$ is Gentry?". I think they'll resort to the good ol "You killed my wife and friends and now I'm really PO'ed! Watch me act over the edge and slightly out of character for a while and not give a #$% about anything until some woman that reminds me of heather will spark something, calm down and then I'll decide to not be so reckless and make me care again" angle. You know, that old chestnut.

Maybe he'll be another Mac clone, as appear vol.2?

Look in the sky...its the ship that contained vol3s time jump team that went to Plodex. Mac, you aint so mad anymore huh.

Mac: Heather
    Heather2:Jim
    Northstar:What! We going to die in the future.
    Mac: Uh..yeah but you die earlier cuz you pulled a Wolverine on us and went X.
    Northstarid you come after me to get back to Canada and acidently kill me, Hudson
    Mac:No. It was Logan
    Northstar: Bastard!
    Mac: So...you want in on Omega Flight
    Puck: Ill say it again. I busted my butt to be in Alpha Flight. I better be joining Alpha Flight

If truth be known, I would say that Mac had his greatest character developement in the pages of UXM between #109 - #140/ Even before he died in AF he didn't actually have the chance to become embedded.

Off on a tangent here, welcome to the forum Guardian, so tell us, is it you in that pic?
    Hm, I read UXM now, but I started way after #140. I may pick those up in some fashion and read 'em.

Thanks for the welcom DelBubs. And yes, that is me James in the pic. Or maybe it's me the clone or maybe the robot.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    Look in the sky...its the ship that contained vol3s time jump team that went to Plodex. Mac, you aint so mad anymore huh.

Mac: Heather
    Heather2:Jim
    Northstar:What! We going to die in the future.
    Mac: Uh..yeah but you die earlier cuz you pulled a Wolverine on us and went X.
    Northstarid you come after me to get back to Canada and acidently kill me, Hudson
    Mac:No. It was Logan
    Northstar: Bastard!
    Mac: So...you want in on Omega Flight
    Puck: Ill say it again. I busted my butt to be in Alpha Flight. I better be joining Alpha Flight