Poll: So, Who Exactly Is Guardian ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Who Wears The Suit ?

Tony Stark or Steve Rogers? Not a chance.
    - not only because there's lots of reasons to think Captain America and Iron man stay in the U.S., would Marvel have either become Guardian for what is the Marvelverse equivalent of two weeks? Originally, that person would be a permanent resident of Canada, hence the downgrade means that Stark or Rogers would be in Canada 'hiding out' as Guardian for two weeks. Either view looks silly, really, for such prominent Americans, and we know Miller said Cap ain't goin' to the North, while Iron amn may be Director of SHIELD.

Kyle Gibney? Possibly.
    - yes, the 'Omega' hints give him many ties, he's short like the Initiative image shows, he has no powers and may want to be a hero.

Walter Langkowski? Not anymore.
    - he's Sasquatch and the Initiative shows him as such.

Madison Jeffries? Not likely, but...
    - he still has his powers and was last seen as insane with Weapon X guy. Not much reason to see Oeming wrenching him into the role without some explanation of how he got his sanity back, or why he'd put on a suit he doesn't need. Though I do like Box....

Albert Louis? Possibly.
    - only possible because he's a natural; for the suit, generates his own power, and the 'smoking' thing hits at him and his energy level. But he is a pretty obscure character to put in the role. Even if I do like him.

Hawkeye? No.
    - he's just returned from the dead again and has zero motivation to go to Canada. Again, how would he get shoehorned into the role and what exactly does he have to cry about? Besides, he has no experince with power suits like that.

Lou Sadler? Chuck Moss? Maybe, I doubt it. Really.
    - The height thing from the Initiative pic. Both are a bit taller that USAgent and Talisman. MML is most likley dead. Moss is like Feedback, pretty obscure. But MML has something to cry about, his wife's death, Moss too I guess (Shaman), and Moss is magical like Oeming wants. MML could need the suit if alive, but Moss and his magic... wouldn't he have the pouch, not Talisman? And released images show Guardian as way too short to be either.

Northstar? Nope.
    - tied to the X-Men still, next week he'll likely join Exodus and the Acolytes.

Windshear? Not likely.
    - tones suggest a white guy and he wasn't looking to be a hero for years.

Postman Mike? Nope.
    - again, awfully obscure choice, and though he may want to apologize for all his murders I doubt Oeming would put him in as Canada's leading hero, Guardian. "I killed almost all your friends, I'm sorry, how about letting me make amends by being Prime Minister?" Makes zero sense to me.

Flex? Radius?

Hudson, MML, Wild Child? Still a lot of possibilities no matter how you look at it. But I'm going with it being one of the canucks.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Tony Stark or Steve Rogers? Not a chance.
    - not only because there's lots of reasons to think Captain America and Iron man stay in the U.S., would Marvel have either become Guardian for what is the Marvelverse equivalent of two weeks? Originally, that person would be a permanent resident of Canada, hence the downgrade means that Stark or Rogers would be in Canada 'hiding out' as Guardian for two weeks. Either view looks silly, really, for such prominent Americans, and we know Miller said Cap ain't goin' to the North, while Iron amn may be Director of SHIELD.[/qoute]

Agreed.

[qoute] Kyle Gibney? Possibly.
    - yes, the 'Omega' hints give him many ties, he's short like the Initiative image shows, he has no powers and may want to be a hero.[/qoute]

Hmmmm...Not sure about Kyle, but I'd have to put him in the "longshot" category.

[qoute] Walter Langkowski? Not anymore.
    - he's Sasquatch and the Initiative shows him as such.[/qoute]

Agreed.

[qoute] Madison Jeffries? Not likely, but...
    - he still has his powers and was last seen as insane with Weapon X guy. Not much reason to see Oeming wrenching him into the role without some explanation of how he got his sanity back, or why he'd put on a suit he doesn't need. Though I do like Box....
    He's not insane, Mokole. He's been brainwashed (twice)...Big difference there.

[qoute] Albert Louis? Possibly.
    - only possible because he's a natural; for the suit, generates his own power, and the 'smoking' thing hits at him and his energy level. But he is a pretty obscure character to put in the role. Even if I do like him. [/qoute]

Very, very doubtful...He hasn't been seen in many, many years and like you said...He's pretty obscure.

[qoute] Hawkeye? No.
    - he's just returned from the dead again and has zero motivation to go to Canada. Again, how would he get shoehorned into the role and what exactly does he have to cry about? Besides, he has no experince with power suits like that.

Lou Sadler? Chuck Moss? Maybe, I doubt it. Really.
    - The height thing from the Initiative pic. Both are a bit taller that USAgent and Talisman. MML is most likley dead. Moss is like Feedback, pretty obscure. But MML has something to cry about, his wife's death, Moss too I guess (Shaman), and Moss is magical like Oeming wants. MML could need the suit if alive, but Moss and his magic... wouldn't he have the pouch, not Talisman? And released images show Guardian as way too short to be either.

Northstar? Nope.
    - tied to the X-Men still, next week he'll likely join Exodus and the Acolytes.

Windshear? Not likely.
    - tones suggest a white guy and he wasn't looking to be a hero for years.

Postman Mike? Nope.
    - again, awfully obscure choice, and though he may want to apologize for all his murders I doubt Oeming would put him in as Canada's leading hero, Guardian. "I killed almost all your friends, I'm sorry, how about letting me make amends by being Prime Minister?" Makes zero sense to me.

Flex? Radius?

Hudson, MML, Wild Child? Still a lot of possibilities no matter how you look at it. But I'm going with it being one of the canucks.[/quote]

At this point...It's looking a lot like it's going to be Michael Pointer, but we'll see.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!