Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Villains

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Scientists at Roxxon, ed...That's all I know.

We're naming enemies of Alpha Flight, huh? Lets see...

Omega Flight...Oh wait...

Nevermind. :P
    Are we talking Omega Flight 1 or 2 here, they were both enemies. As we know however, most of OF 1 worked alongside Alpha and actually joined the team at some point.

I, myself wouldn't mind seeing most of OF 2 returning at some point, preferably under a different name, it could get confusing otherwise
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Are we talking Omega Flight 1 or 2 here, they were both enemies. As we know however, most of OF 1 worked alongside Alpha and actually joined the team at some point.

I, myself wouldn't mind seeing most of OF 2 returning at some point, preferably under a different name, it could get confusing otherwise
    That's not the Miss Mass & Brain Drain Omega is it?

Yup, I know they were kinda lame, but Bile had something going for him and Sinew could have been explored a bit more. It would have been grand if Sinew had been one of the Children of the Wyre who got missed in the shuffle
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ah, did they ever get a back story or were they just, like, there? It'd be nice if they had a history with AF or Dept H, like the original Omega did. I'm not a fan of villains, especially teams of villains that fight the protagonists simply because they are eeeevil... or wax figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Ah, did they ever get a back story or were they just, like, there? It'd be nice if they had a history with AF or Dept H, like the original Omega did. I'm not a fan of villains, especially teams of villains that fight the protagonists simply because they are eeeevil... or wax figures.
    Only one who had a backstory was Brain-Drain as he was from the old Invader comics. Other than that, we know nothing of them.

I thought Omega 2 was far too derivative of other Alpha villains
    Miss Mass as Pink Pearl
    Bile as Pestilence
    Sinew as Wild Child
    And that is one of the very few criticisms I had of Furman's run.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    How about the return of Lionel Jeffries? his resurrection can be easily explained due to his powers and I think he had untapped potential.

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Scramble
    For the briefest of moments, I thought you were nominating Lionel Ritche.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    How about the return of Lionel Jeffries? his resurrection can be easily explained due to his powers and I think he had untapped potential.

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Scramble
    For the briefest of moments, I thought you were nominating Lionel Ritche.
    Imagine the Jeffries brothers teaming up? Man, they could do anything.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Scramble: Everything that was wrong about volume one

If Lionel Jeffries comes back (and I'm aware of it before-hand), I will not buy the book. There is no way Lionel should have gotten off the battlefield, after trying to graft living and dead people. He is an unspeakable abomination.

If he's brought back, you can have him.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Scramble: Everything that was wrong about volume one

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    If Lionel Jeffries comes back (and I'm aware of it before-hand), I will not buy the book. There is no way Lionel should have gotten off the battlefield, after trying to graft living and dead people. He is an unspeakable abomination.

That's the point isn't it? he's a villian, and you would seriosuly not buy the book if he reappeared? now that's drastic.

The nature of his powers adds "fantastical" plausibility to his return over most other characters. But if he returns, how is Roger Bochs possibly affected?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    The nature of his powers adds "fantastical" plausibility to his return over most other characters. But if he returns, how is Roger Bochs possibly affected?
    Lionel Jeffries' body + Roger Bochs mind... Ooooou, interesting character.

Chances of it happening? nil

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default One person; if everyone else wants Scramble, they'll get him

That's the point isn't it? he's a villian, and you would seriosuly not buy the book if he reappeared? now that's drastic.
    I'm dead serious. All of Alpha Flight was treated like they didn't have an ounce of brains during this "story arc." Northstar, who should have been the resident skeptic, doesn't even entertain the thought of going to any other doctor besides Lionel; Heather [though touched by Scramble after being "cured" by Madison, so I'm beginning to understand how it happened] doesn't even consider finding Shaman (hell, how about the second-best surgeon in Canada) to help Puck, Northstar, or Roger? Yes, I know Shaman was getting all out-of-character due to the Coronet, but what doctor knows most of these super-people better than Shaman?

The Master used a Scramble-enzyme to augment himself. Why? The Master put himself back together after being completely vivisected. He's had 40,000 years to get a complete understanding of anatomy, and #96
    (the same issue he uses the enzyme), The Master states that he knows his own body very well (or something like that).

I don't think it's all that drastic. It's not a story or story-arc I'm interested in reading. Scramble's story has been told, and in my opinion it wasn't told very well, it wasn't told very plausibly, it wasn't told very logically, and it wasn't told with anything that could be considered respect for---let alone knowledge of---who Alpha Flight really is.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Only one who had a backstory was Brain-Drain as he was from the old Invader comics. Other than that, we know nothing of them.
    Eh? Where was this? I'd love to check that out.

I don't think it's all that drastic. It's not a story or story-arc I'm interested in reading. Scramble's story has been told, and in my opinion it wasn't told very well, it wasn't told very plausibly, it wasn't told very logically, and it wasn't told with anything that could be considered respect for---let alone knowledge of---who Alpha Flight really is.
    Let me say this - I agree and disagree with your idea.
    For me it would be Llan. I thought that had to be one of the worse stories (and story arcs) I have EVER read in any Marvel Comic. And I am not kidding. It is the only part of ALPHA FLIGHT's history that I actually truly despise. With all my heart. I thought the entire idea of Llan and the execution of the story was just... hollow. And then how he looked? Gods, the only way that he would ever kill someone is if they died laughing... he was just drawn so... horribly. There was nothing appealing to even like about him - and I don't mean that as in "he looks so evil like Red Skull" - I mean, he looked so bad that every panel with him was pain to my eyes.

Now that said - if Llan, for example, appeared in OMEGA FLIGHT, I would be very disappointed (unless he got a MAJOR overhaul). But it would not stop me from collecting Omega Flight. I just wouldn't be happy with that arc (and pray to all the gods that listen, that whatever arc it is with Llan that it wouldn't last very long...)

Default Re: One person; if everyone else wants Scramble, they'll get

You make a couple points here that kinda make the opposite argument as well. First, let me say be as drastic as you want with your own money. Spend it on what you like! If you're that turned off by Scramble, then don't buy anything that has that character.

On the other hand, you argue that the storyteller was the problem. The characters weren't handled well and the storyline was ill conceived.That could be said about every character in every comic stable I'm sure. I doubt Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-man, Superman, Batman, Spawn, etc. have always been characterized perfectly. I'm sure we can all site an arc in which they too sucked. That however doesn't make the character a dead end. A good writer might be able to fabricate a story that we'll all love about a character we all dislike. I'm defineitely not a reader who likes to see characters needlessly killed off. If it make s sense to the story then great. If not, then leave them alone for another writer who might like them. I for one couldn't stand Manbot in V2, but I wouldn't want to see him killed or decommissioned or whatever they'd do with him(it).