Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Villains

Default Alpha Flight Villains

Okay, who are your favorite and why? Lets here it from the fans.
    M!
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

Dreamqueen, because of her design, her powers, her desire to remake 616 reality and how hard she is to stop. Mystic ability and all!

The Master, because he had a vision and was powerful enough to enact it, though he never got why people didn't want 'utopia' as he saw it.

And for my third, the Great Beasts, interesting characters, always trying to win, one goal in mind, tough in every way; you can't beat them, you have to outsmart them.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The Dreamqueen, no competition. One of the few good things about Mantlo's run. Freaky powerful, awesome character design, just overall very cool.

I dug the Master a lot too, just because he's THE Alpha Flight villain. He's their Magneto, their Kang, he needs his props.

Master as he is such a super genius and underated:
    http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Master

Great Beasts, by far one of the coolest villians. It should be a non-jobbing Great Beasts though:
    http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Great_Beasts

Dreamqueen..nuff said:
    http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Dreamqueen

I'd like to see a rematch with China Force, a MAJOR revamp of the second version of Omega Flight (Simon Furman creations), and to bring back Llan the Sorcerer.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    I'd like to see a rematch with China Force, a MAJOR revamp of the second version of Omega Flight (Simon Furman creations), and to bring back Llan the Sorcerer.

MM
    Yes, bring back Llan. Guy was so uberly evil and so powerful it was scary. Even made Dr.Strange look like a baby and yet he was still bound by rules.

Dreamqueen : My all time favourite AF Villian. Her aims are clearly laid out and she is powerful enough to take on any type of super hero.

Somthing Flight : Alpha took on former Betans in the original Omega, fought against Epsilons and Gamma's, so the new Omega need a somthing Flight to go up against. Tradition can only be a good thing.

The Master : I don't care that he went up against H4H etc, he is Alpha's arch nemesis, has a rich history and has that Dr Doom quality about him.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yes, Dreamqueen I like her, but the last time we saw her it felt forced and I did not like the story. Like, everything that had be be done witrh her was done. I don't know.

Jaxxon and Delphine Courtney, mostly Delphine with her manipulationof omega Flight and MAc fake resurection.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

the master: alpha's doctor doom.

dreamqueen: cool supernatural villian

the great beasts: if the theme for this series is going to be supernatural, the above 2 can't be beat.

omega flight: so does this mean if the opposite shows up they'll be fighting.......alpha flight?

How could I forget Captain Crozier.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Seems that the majority of us have the same favorites:

1. The Master - This guy has potential and some past storylines showed it, but there still is a lot more that could be done with him to elevate his threat level - plus anyone that could ensure that Marrina finally returns is a favorite of mine...

2. An Opposing Flight - For every Alpha there has to be an Omega - and the nice thing about this team is that the membership can always be different, just like the Frightful Four.

3. The Dream Queen - Fantastic design, tons of potential and SCARY.

4. The Great Beasts - When they were written to be as powerful as they truly are, the stories were great and it made the reader wonder how Alpha was going to win.

I think the Great Beasts were always the best Alpha villains. They added a whole layer of mythology to the franchise in that there was a history between them and the Northern gods form which Snowbird hailed. The idea that their gateway to the world just happened to be in Northern Canada gave Alpha a nice sense of purpose and a reason why they needed to exist.

The reveal that Sasquatch was really inhabiting a form of one of the beasts helped hammer home that weird mix of science and magic that set Alpha apart from other Marvel books.

---

I also really, really loved the Brass Bishop storyline from Steve Seagle's volume 2 storyline. I actually own some art from those issues.

----

Llan the Sorcerer suffered from some really inconsistent art at the time, but there's a good concept buried in there somewhere.

----

The Department H as a black ops story has been played out by this point, but there are characters I'd like to see some follow up on like Huxley from the end of Vol 2.

I always found Dreamqueen and the Master (with team) to be the best enemies. Now after M-Day how about The Master and the Hardliners, since many of the Master's sycophants were techs already (Tech-Noir, Strongarm, Brain Drain...).

Llan is good too, but fighting teams and powerful individuals...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I think Northstar and Aurora would make an interesting villain duo for the team. I can easily see them both wanting some degree of revenge against Canada and the Department for all which has transpired. Their combination of Flash-like speed and photonic abilities can make them quite formitable - far more formitable then what was shown in Wolverine.

If Talisman is going to be on the team then I would like to see some real mystic heavyweights brought in as well. There are only so many Inuit gods and demons we care to deal with. Bring in a few of Dr. Strange's villains to make a real mystic impact. Maybe Mephisto is keeping an eye on Talisman or Dormammu is looking to rise from the ashes.

All the threats should not just be Canadian. It is time to make OF part of the Marvel Universe. That does not mean I want to see the team globe-hopping but I can really see a lot of US villains jumping over the border for what seems like, to them, some "easy" crimes.

Hi everyone! With Omega Flight coming, I can't resist anymore!

former Alphans would be a good idea to turn into Omega villains, like the Twins, Madison and his wife Lil, Persuasion with Pathway and Goblyn, Nemesis and Witchfire.

I always liked tough opponents who had an agenda, not just power or money or evil. Dreamqueen, Master, 'Omega Flight' fit the bill. Like lots say, Alpha Flight has lots of good enemies so how can Omega Flight not?

Good luck all, nice board here!
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!