Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
Ummm...once again Garry your relying on how he was portrayed back in the day [That's all there is. Why is it that no subsequent Editor/Editor in Chief/Writer or Marvel comic brought back Lionel Jeffries' Scramble? G/A-F], as even Oeming stated in a recent interview there are no bad characters only bad writers. Also how does that even relate to Lionel Jeffries as character as you mentioned was continunity errors not character problems.

New writer can easily fix those "issues and concerns"
King Mungi, at the risk of getting more personal than I'd like, you seem to be arguing this pitiful point just for the sake of arguing. The Scramble story-arc violates most of the rules of good fiction: plausible plotting, consistent characterization, logical storytelling. So far, you have said nothing that proves that the Scramble story-arc meets any of these criteria.

If you re-read my original post, I am dead-set against the return of Lionel Jeffries. I didn't say a damn thing about being against someone else being Scramble.

If you feel as strongly about bringing back Lionel Jeffries as I do about leaving him dead, his story told, finished, and done, then write that perfect story that makes Lionel equivalent to The Joker, Lex Luthor, or Dr. Doom. Don't pass it on to Michael Avon Oeming to do this. If you believe in Lionel Jeffries being a great super-villian, than write the story that proves this. Convince MARVEL to commit a 40,000 to 160,000 print run featuring Lionel Jeffries as the greatest super-villian ever. And since it's a perfect story, it should be able to take down Civil War and surpass Justice.

AF# 30: The doctors and staff at Montreal General Hospital didn't seem to be finding a cure for Lionel, but at least they had the good sense not to get close enough for him to touch them. Finally, after Lionel has used his power to disfigure his brother, Madison has Lionel's hands touching his helmet, not Lionel's skin, so who was actually brain-pattening who? Since it was a one-on-one fight and none of the other members of Alpha Flight witnessed it, they only have Madison's word that Lionel has cured himself. There were no hospital staff opening their mouths, one way or the other, about the validity of this. Lastly, Northstar---who had been giving Heather non-stop grief about her powerlessness and lack of credibility as their leader---not only says, "So you will recommence your career as a surgeon--using your strange power to heal others as you healed yourself?," he doesn't have any objections to Madison asking Lionel to join Alpha Flight, even though Madison himself, at that time, was not a member.

Why don't you fix it, King Mungi?