Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I hope he doesn't join the team, I dispise the Collective
    I'm with you, the last thing Omega (do you know how difficult to type Omega after 22 years of saying Alpha?) is a member with a trolley full of emotional baggage. Alpha had it's fair share of those.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Same here. Pffft, mail men, always going crazy going on a rampage. I'd rather not see "Micheal Porter" dawn the red and white. Although it is scarily still a possibility. Maybe as a villain would be ok. SO they can kick his arse!

All I know is that I have a nice, warm feeling all over about the news of a new AF...er, OF book.

I remember that Ben said you would hate at first then love it later, will I love it now!

MM

It does feel good now that we know it's real and see a visual. We'll see about the hate at first/love later. Is something happening later or will it just that it'll grow on us?

Anyhoo I'm just happy and wondering why there's only like 5 people in this thread!! This is big news! And it is officially Sept 3rd so happy birthday to me! What a great gift!

KD: Uh huh. Let me at least try to get you to expand on your teases: which character has been your favorite to write so far?

MAO: I can’t say that either...

Ah, what the hell. I’ll say it. [CENSORED BY MARVEL COMICS] is my favorite character. That’s a bit obvious, but he is. [CENSORED BY MARVEL COMICS] is fun too because he’s a bit of a cold bastard, and that’s always fun.

But that’s all I can reveal.
    I wonder if MAO is referring to the same character in each sentence or two different characters. Who do you think he is referring to? Wolverine?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I'm pretty sure it's Beta Ray Bill he was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I don't remember the moniker, but do remember the time when we had to add out name to the list so we all got the e-mails. Mike M has a fmiliar ring about it, but that could just be my memory playing games.

I'm willing to see how this pans out, some Alpha/Omega has got to be better than non at all (I don't count vol 3 ).

That said, maybe a belated welcome to Tiberius Bane is in order as well as hearty welcomes to NickT and Oeming. Welcome to you all.
    Hi Del. Went just by Mike back then. I also participated in that huge round robin Alpha Flight fan fic that went around back in 1998 or so.

With only one Canadian on the team, Im guessing that isnt Talisman. At least not the Talisman we know. Obviously the Canadian will be in the Guardian suit. Weather its Mac or not we probably won't find out until the series launches. Im still not sure how I feel about this. Alpha Flight is Canada's super team. It doesnt make sense to have only 1 Canadian on it. But I do agree that Alpha Flight has so much baggage it would be easier to start over with a new group and name. Doesn't mean I still buy into it all though. But as I said earlier. With the creative team, Ill give it a shot for sure.

MikeM

AWESOME

Welcome Tiberius, Nick, and Mr. Oeming!

WOO HOO!

OMEGA FLIGHT

Looks to me like it has to Mac Hudson as Guardian.

That's USAgent, I recognize the character design and clothing, and yes he has used a circle/star shield before. It's Walker, as USAgent.

Big guy really could be so many but if it's not Beta Ray Bill I would be shocked. I am about 99% sure it's Beta Ray Bill.

The Spider Woman could be so many, there have been about 4. Realistically, from the costume design and the fact Mike A. Oeming said the series would delve in mystics, and that leaves only Julia Carpenter as a realistic possibility. So Arachne.

Finally, the person manipulating the Northern Lights, good old Aurora Borealis. All I can think of is a revamped Talisman.

No way that's Captain America. He's already been said to be in New Avengers with Spider-Man (Iron Man forms Mighty Avengers). No Jessica Jones!! Hooray! No Luke Cage, no Ben Grimm. The possible Talisman could be a new character, so could the Beta Ray Bill Thor, or the Spider-Woman, as Mr. Oeming said there would be one new character, or was it Mr. Kolins?

OMEGA FLIGHT.

I'm not happy about only two AFers, but I'm pumped about Omega Flight.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

OK, the Spider Woman, if not new, could be Mattie Franklin, too.

Still pumped!

Where's Ben in all this!

Omega Flight
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    OK, the Spider Woman, if not new, could be Mattie Franklin, too.

Still pumped!

Where's Ben in all this!

Omega Flight
    I just thought of something, she IS a Byrne creation after all... but god I hope it's not her!

I wonder if there'll be a 6th member join soon after. Maybe another recognizable face. Hopefully!

Yeah I'd love to hear what Ben thinks, but then again it is a long weekend.

Maniac Mike - I'm going into this with the principal of loving this first and hoping there's no reason ever to hate it

RPlass - If we're talking cold bastards, then US Agent fits that description perfectly, not sure what he's been doing recently, but I don't see him having been organising benevolent concerts.

Tiberius - Your not talking about BoND are you? Plenty of us from that round robin still hang around here.

As for Ben, since he got married he's been totally neglecting his duties, real selfish if you ask me :P

Anyone want to do a recap of where we've got with all this speculating ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Talisman is probably the Canadian, Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew), Captain America(Steve Rogers? US Agent is in the UK, why would he have to flee to Canada?), Beta Ray Bill and Mail Man Michael as a new Guardian?

Dana

Edited to add: Happy Birthday, Canucklehead!

Geez, this might take a little getting use to. I'm stoked that we're getting some sort of title, but the fact they really did kill off Alpha in such a lousy way... Mr. Oeming, if you could bring yourself to maybe "saving" some of the Alphans from the Collective it'd be much appreciated. It seems to me that we're getting someone new to wear the Guardian mantle, but if there is only one Canadian on the team (and it would appear to be Taliman) than who has donned the red and white? And if the person isn't Canadian why are they wearing the Canadian flag as their costume? Could it be out of respect for Alpha or is it because the government (if they are backing this team) ordered it? I don't mean this as a criticism, just curious.
    So Mike (if I may call you that) can you give us some more details? Oh, and by the way, I like the idea of a mystical take on the title. It's something to tie it to the old AF.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=82746

Hmph...Nice comment from Bendis (insert extreme sarcasm)...Bendis replied, "So, America gets like 5,000 superheroes. We don't get anything. All we had was Alpha Flight. They sucked, but they were ours."

Maybe they sucked in his opinion, but not for the several hundreds/thousands of fans who bought Vol. 1, 2 and 3. What a jerk.

Do they not realize that a true Alpha Flight book has not been tried since Vol. 1?! Vol. 2 was a semi-cool attempt that might have worked had it continued...Vol. 3 was Sasquatch and his replacement heroes (written as a lame, jokey book by Scott Lobdell).

A back to basics AF book has not been even attempted (not even in a flipping mini). Marvel will never learn and apparently AF fans will never get what they've been asking for all these years.

Dana