Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega

Over on Newsrama someone is suggesting the Hulk with Thors hammer and at JinxWorld Mike Oeming poses the question "Who says that's Beta Ray Bill". So in reality we still know sweet FA

Talisman : Evens
    Guardian (Steve Rogers) 4/1
    US Agent (As The Captain) 7/1
    Spider Woman 2 20/1 (could be some called Arachne ???)
    HulkaThor 20/1

It's fun to speculate

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    But the interview stated their would be a survivor from New Avengers #16 joining the team. Who else could it be? unless he wasn't in the promo peice.
    'Joining the team', would suggest that the team is established when the survivor joins, so we may not see them for a few issues.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

There's also no clear A on his forhead. Another clue which might be Steve taking the name "The Captain" or something, leaving out the America.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Over on Newsrama someone is suggesting the Hulk with Thors hammer and at JinxWorld Mike Oeming poses the question "Who says that's Beta Ray Bill". So in reality we still know sweet FA

Talisman : Evens
    Guardian (Steve Rogers) 4/1
    US Agent (As The Captain) 7/1
    Spider Woman 2 20/1 (could be some called Arachne ???)
    HulkaThor 20/1

It's fun to speculate
    It better not be the russian Thor from the People's Proctate

'Joining the team', would suggest that the team is established when the survivor joins, so we may not see them for a few issues.
    Very possible, here's the exact quote:

MAO: Well, I can’t give that away yet. I will say that only one team member who has previously been in Flight will be on the team, but we will be seeing the return of at least one of the members killed in the New Avengers. But with flashbacks and such, we’ll also get a glimpse of the team in its glory from time to time.

Wow. I havent been here in years!

Some of you folks may remember me from a long time ago (when we had to add everyones addresses to our own mailing lists) though I doubt it.

Alpha Flight is dead but Omega Flight lives on huh? Not sure how I feel about it. Curious to see who is in the Guardian costume. Big fan of Oeming and Kolins so Im going to be along for the ride.

Now with with Alpha (Omega) Flight back I look forward to having lots of conversations about or favourite Canadian superheroes.

Mike M.

I don't remember the moniker, but do remember the time when we had to add out name to the list so we all got the e-mails. Mike M has a fmiliar ring about it, but that could just be my memory playing games.

I'm willing to see how this pans out, some Alpha/Omega has got to be better than non at all (I don't count vol 3 ).

That said, maybe a belated welcome to Tiberius Bane is in order as well as hearty welcomes to NickT and Oeming. Welcome to you all.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

i used to love kollins when he was on the flash. haven't seen to much of his marvel stuff though.

is it just me or does it seem like his art is "white washed"?

i wonder if thats on purpose?

Meanwhile, over at Newsarama

Also, in last week's Joe Quesada Friday Q & A piece, he responded with this to someone who was inquiring as to an ongoing Beta Ray Bill series written by Oeming:

JQ: Howard, the reason you don't remember the announcement is because there wasn't any such announcement that I'm aware of. But, that said, Oeming will not be writing a Beta Ray Bill book any time in the near future but he will be writing Beta Ray Bill. Okay, I hope that clears things up for you.

Confusion Reigns
    Del

KM there's a larger copy of that pic at JinxWorld, and that really does look a lot like Talismans Coronet centre piece.

OOOOH YEAH!! that DEFINATELY has to be Talisman!! And until someone like Mike tells me otherwise, I won't be swayed!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Something I just noticed, behind Guardian and Cap, theres a large black area. Is it a cape or "Spider-Woman"s hair? And why isn't "Beta Ray Bill"s' 2nd foot touching the ground?

Edit: D'oh the Cape is Beta's isn't it? But he's still missing a foot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Something I just noticed, behind Guardian and Cap, theres a large black area. Is it a cape or "Spider-Woman"s hair? And why isn't "Beta Ray Bill"s' 2nd foot touching the ground?
    It's BRB cape and her hair joining

But still standing on one foot lol.

I'm excited for the change because reading other boards, people who normally wouldn't read alpha are excited and want to pick this up. On the other hand... the originals we love so dear are dead.. which you know, sucks and which may turn off the die hard fans.

So.. is baby Hudson an orphan?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    But still standing on one foot lol.

I'm excited for the change because reading other boards, people who normally wouldn't read alpha are excited and want to pick this up. On the other hand... the originals we love so dear are dead.. which you know, sucks and which may turn off the die hard fans.

So.. is baby Hudson an orphan?
    I know, it really sucks.

I bet there are other survivors, and if she is then so is Major Mapleleaf's daughter as well

I wonder if instead of BRB it's a Asgardian Box bot

I hope Oeming is still reading this because I don't know how common knowledge the baby is.

I'd like to know what the plan is for "The Collective". He left NA looking to be a hero. Might HE be the man in the guardian suit? If not, what did Bendis have planned for him? What better way to repay the debt of life taken, then by following in that persons footsteps? Just a theory. He IS a "survivor of the encounter" after all. He was from Alaska and there's only suposed to be one Canadian at first. Talisman.

PS
    I miss Sasquatch.

I hope he doesn't join the team, I dispise the Collective