Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega

SHIELD is UN sanctioned, but the thing about Maria Hill is that the U.S. pushed for her, as other countries did, to distance SHIELD from Fury. Not to say that SHIELD is a U.S. lapdog in Civil War, but remember Tieri's Weapon X? He had Wolverine ask Fury why SHIELD won't step into Weapon X and Fury tells him that Weapon X has the President's favour and SHIELD can't touch them.

Kind of still thinking Guardian will show up in either Civil War #5 or the next Civil War: Frontline, or the one after the next Frontline. Maybe Omega Flight might show up in one of those three issues, somehow, but that's a stretch. Guardian and Talisman as AF reps is more likely.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

i asked oeming over at his forums. maybe you guys can chime in and pressure him a little.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ad.php?t=87177

Default Oh dear...

Well, while I am stoked that there will be a new title rising from the ashes of AF with Talisman in it no less... I'm still very sad that Puck is dead. And Heather... and Sasquatch... - for me, they were the embodiment of the original spirit of AF, and marks the passing of a very brief era of greatness.

Just out of curiosity also - how many 'Spider women' are there in the MU? I noticed that there is one in the New Avengers (Jessica Drew?), and that there was one in some previous Avengers title (Julia Carpentar?), and there was a Spider Girl at some point in the MU too... I wonder which Spider woman this is, or if it's a completely new one?

Default Re: Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    Just out of curiosity also - how many 'Spider women' are there in the MU? I noticed that there is one in the New Avengers (Jessica Drew?), and that there was one in some previous Avengers title (Julia Carpentar?), and there was a Spider Girl at some point in the MU too... I wonder which Spider woman this is, or if it's a completely new one?
    The Spider-Woman in New Avengers is Jessica Drew.

The one we assume is in Omega Flight is Julia Carpenter, who goes by Arachne now.

There was another, Mattie Franklin, created a few years ago. She's going to be in the upcoming Runaways spinoff Loners (or at least someone in a similar costume will be).

Default Re: Oh dear...

Well, while I am stoked that there will be a new title rising from the ashes of AF with Talisman in it no less... I'm still very sad that Puck is dead. And Heather... and Sasquatch... - for me, they were the embodiment of the original spirit of AF, and marks the passing of a very brief era of greatness.
    Hiya Seng, long time no hear. I'm sure somewhere Mike Oeming has mentioned that at least three old characters will be in and around Omega, so I wouldn't mourn anyone yet. After all this is Marvel, where dead is really dead
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Seng as in Seng Mah? If so it's great to see you around. I remember practically living on Net Alpha for a time

From the pic I get...Talisman, Arachne, Guardian, US Agent and Beta Ray Bill. I like all of these characters except US Agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkdaub
    From the pic I get...Talisman, Arachne, Guardian, US Agent and Beta Ray Bill. I like all of these characters except US Agent.
    I think the general consensus is that Beta Ray Bill and US Agent are definates, and Arachne almost definate. Talisman is probable, although some figure it could be Snowbird. The only one that still hasn't be decided is Guardian, mainly cos we're a suspicious lot and things are never what they seem with Marvel

As an aside, welcome to the boards Inkdaub, beware of Puddings and other flying deserts
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I think the general consensus is that Beta Ray Bill and US Agent are definates, and Arachne almost definate. Talisman is probable, although some figure it could be Snowbird. The only one that still hasn't be decided is Guardian, mainly cos we're a suspicious lot and things are never what they seem with Marvel

As an aside, welcome to the boards Inkdaub, beware of Puddings and other flying deserts
    Mmmm, cake!

I can't see how it isn't Guardian unless the picture itself is fake.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by RolandT
    I can't see how it isn't Guardian unless the picture itself is fake.
    I think DB means it may not be Mac as Guardian as he may have a slight case of death. Of course he's gotten over that particular malady before so...

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Yeah, welcome to Alpha Waves Inkdaub!

Is there a reason you don't like U.S. Agent? Just curious. I always liked his complex character. Hopefully with this new series he'll become a respected and great member of the Marvel U. Hopefully he'll (in time) be able to step out of the shadow of ole' Cap.

I'm not particularly fond of USAgent, but think that he will work in this series.

Remember one of the primary reasons for inclusion within the team is for purposes of cultural contrast... like the Canadian mountie in Due South.

His prescence will make for intersting reading, I think.

Oui, c'est moi! I haven't been Alphaing for years now though I have been keeping abreast of news via this forum. From what articles/interviews I have read re: Oeming, Bendis and Omega Flight, it seems pretty much consensus that the Alpha Team shown in New Avengers #16 was wiped out. For good. Not sure how one of them will return to the fold (I hope it's Puck) but this Omega Flight concept has piqued my curiosity enough for me to perhaps return to the fold when it is released next year.

Shall await further tid bits with bated breath.

BTW: Is 'Adam' - Adam Bourret of the 'New Flight' fame?

I have read re: Oeming, Bendis and Omega Flight, it seems pretty much consensus that the Alpha Team shown in New Avengers #16 was wiped out. For good. Not sure how one of them will return to the fold (I hope it's Puck) but this Omega Flight concept has piqued my curiosity enough for me to perhaps return to the fold when it is released next year.
    It would be a shame if Puck didn't show up at some point in OF. If the team is all about the mystical then he would be someone you wanted around to watch your back. Hey Mike O, any chance of Puck somehow surviving to join OF in the future? With his background he would be a perfect fit for the group.

A little bit more.
    ==============================
    NRAMA: Scratchy - Will Omega Flight appear as a group in "Civil War" or are tie-in sort of appearances the idea? Will Alpha Flight appear instead, whatever AF is now (besides Omega Flight)?

JQ: No, Omega Flight does not appear within Civil War proper.

But the seeds of Omega flight are planted quite clearly in Choosing Sides.

Oh, snap, I did it again, I went old school on your behind with the callback plug!

===============================
    Del