Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega

i fully expect alpha/omega to have a role in cw. it will provide a launchpad for the series.

Probably in #5 or 6. It's gonna be fun watching how Mike Oeming brings this all together so it doesn't look to contrived.

Amended due to events in Civil War #4. As Reed isn't above using clones, then theoretically Captain America could stay in America and still be in Canada at the same time.. Just saying that's all :P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Probably in #5 or 6. It's gonna be fun watching how Mike Oeming brings this all together so it doesn't look to contrived.

Amended due to events in Civil War #4. As Reed isn't above using clones, then theoretically Captain America could stay in America and still be in Canada at the same time.. Just saying that's all :P
    Maybe. But then wouldn't the clone be under Reed's control? What good would that be to Omega Flight?
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Given the events in Civil War #4, I wouldn't say the Clones are that controllable as of yet. If Omega get the real Cap, the Pro Reg boys can have the controlled Clone.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

there is no way that the Captain america or usagent above is a clone it will be the original usagent, he has a story by oeming/kollins coming up in a one shot cw story

Agreed. It will be the real John Walker.

Well having just read that interview at CBR, I guess it's gonna be US Agent. So it's the is it Talisman or not question, is it Arachne or not question and who is in that suit?
    Del

So this is the team as we know it so far. Pretty strong team. Can't wait to see who the other 2 Canadian characters are that will be helping the team, as per the new interview.

It's an uber team, Beta Ray Bill has been shown smaking around Thor and Stardust one of Galactus' hearlds. Then there is Talisman, who is stated to be Dr.Strange level and then Guardian who took down Galactus himself.

Uber team.

Yes, they're being a bit coy but it's Beta Ray Bill, US Agent, THE Guardian, and Talisman, likely Arachne too then. I guess how Guardian and Talisman play out in Civil War is why Oeming can't confirm they are characters just yet, though I can't see how knowing the Guardian is alive spoils Civil War.

As far as my Friday tests, 90 and 87. Not bad.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

Well, Beta Ray Bill and US Agent are now official, so that leaves the full announcements for Guardian Hudson, Talisman Twoyoungmen, and SpiderWoman left. Yes, the 'It's Mac Hudson' and 'It's Elizabeth Twoyoungmen' announcements will be anticlimactic, so might the deal with Arachne. But it's good to get closer, isn't it?

The article, to me, pretty much makes is soooo obvious that Mac and Elizabeth are on board, plus the Oeming for Hernandez fund Omega Flight painting of Talisman. I know people will still be jittery until Mac and Elizabeth are 'official', just not me.

I'm not 100% sure about Arachne but the other 4? THe 6th person who will help the team but not be a member is a more mysterious conundrum.

I guess the "I only see one Canadian" curveball is easy to hit, now. See one, one not so obvious to the naked ey.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

spiderwoman is arachne for sure as per the events of ms. marvel #6.

so i would say:

arachne
    usagent
    beta ray bill

with only guardian and talisman a question mark.

i kinda like this team.

What would really be cool and definatly put OF at the forefront of the Marvel world is to have a very public fight between Guardian and Iron Man, where it's a potential border conflict that boils over into a philisophical debate, then a throw down, and Guardian should totally wipe the floor with Iron Dork. It could be publicized and embaressing for IM, and it could be a very example of super heros crossing the line, ya know, using weapons of destruction to settle arguments. It would be sweet.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Julesville
    What would really be cool and definatly put OF at the forefront of the Marvel world is to have a very public fight between Guardian and Iron Man, where it's a potential border conflict that boils over into a philisophical debate, then a throw down, and Guardian should totally wipe the floor with Iron Dork. It could be publicized and embaressing for IM, and it could be a very example of super heros crossing the line, ya know, using weapons of destruction to settle arguments. It would be sweet.

Peace.
    Hell yes! I'd love to see Iron Man get his butt kicked by Guardian. But I'd love to see Tony "I'm a Traitorous Coward" Stark get his butt kicked by anyone.
    And I'd love to anyone kill that damnThor clone.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    It's an uber team, Beta Ray Bill has been shown smaking around Thor and Stardust one of Galactus' hearlds. Then there is Talisman, who is stated to be Dr.Strange level and then Guardian who took down Galactus himself.

Uber team.
    Yeah I'm liking this team more and more too. You've got a leader (Guardian), a patriot (US Agent), a mystic(Talisman), a heart(Arachne), and a powerhouse (BRB). Assuming (hopefully) that this is the lineup. But more are always welcome.