Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    KM there's a larger copy of that pic at JinxWorld, and that really does look a lot like Talismans Coronet centre piece.
    I'm 100% it is now.

MAO: Well, I can’t give that away yet. I will say that only one team member who has previously been in Flight will be on the team, but we will be seeing the return of at least one of the members killed in the New Avengers. But with flashbacks and such, we’ll also get a glimpse of the team in its glory from time to time.

As has been revealed Guardian is making yet another come back, that would seem to suggest that many an Alpha mainstay has bought the farm. Can we take a minute to remember the fallen
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

As has been revealed Guardian is making yet another come back, that would seem to suggest that many an Alpha mainstay has bought the farm. Can we take a minute to remember the fallen
    Man I can't believe Puck, Sasquatch, Shaman and Vindicator are actually dead.

This is apparently Alpha Flight's last chance:
    "Plus, I feel with all the baggage and the past performance of previous volumes, that this is a way to give Alpha Flight one last chance: “Omega” as in “the end,” as in final chance for Flight."

Well, we can't be 100% sure that's James Hudson. Maybe he died and it's Michael or Walter... or even MML are taking his place.

I guess that would be pretty ironic, the one guy to fall in the classic ish 12 would be the only survivor.

Edit: I wonder where this leaves the Baubiers. X-Men villains?

all we can ask for is the title and characters that we love be treated with respect, and from everything i have read it looks like you guys are oldschool (or should i say alpha's glory days) fans.

i know it's a mixed bag around here, but i personally hated version 3 and still have a bad taste in my mouth for it, so hearing a quality writer, that has as much respect for the characters as we do, coming on board is the best news i have heard about these characters in a very long time.

good luck mike, we are all looking forward to where you take the series from here.

any word on when the series may be coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Well, we can't be 100% sure that's James Hudson. Maybe he died and it's Michael or Walter... or even MML are taking his place.

I guess that would be pretty ironic, the one guy to fall in the classic ish 12 would be the only survivor.

Edit: I wonder where this leaves the Baubiers. X-Men villains?
    With that colouring it could be Jimmy Mac in his Antiguard personna Plus out of all those laid low by the Collective, he's seems the most likely to survive that assault, it's not like he ain't done it before

As for Northstar and Aurora, at least they are getting some airtime and maybe one day they'll be back.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

yep, thats talisman for sure. that is awesome.

I see a Tiara. Is that a medicine bag? Meh maybe just cloth.

I see a Tiara. Is that a medicine bag? Meh maybe just cloth.
    It's definitely Talisman, as a member from Alpha Flight's past will be joining the new team. I say give the Shaman's pouch to Earthmover if Shaman is actually dead.
    ---
    What annoyed me in the interview is they stated this is Alpha Flight's last chance, I have seen more characters and teams getting more revamps, new series and a new directions more so than Alpha Flight. So why would it be their last chance?

What annoyed me in the interview is they stated this is Alpha Flight's last chance, I have seen more characters and teams getting more revamps, new series and a new directions more so than Alpha Flight. So why would it be their last chance?
    Scare tactics so that any Alpha fan that passes this series up like V3 will be scared into buying it just because it may be the last chance.

I hope that is Cap and not US Agent. It would bring in so many more readers if it's the real deal. And as someone stated in the newarama thread, it's Captain America, not Captain USA a nice name loophole

I hope that is Cap and not US Agent. It would bring in so many more readers if it's the real deal. And as someone stated in the newarama thread, it's Captain America, not Captain USA a nice name loophole
    It probally is Captain America as he isn't part of the Mighty Avengers book coming out in Februrary.
    ======
    Omega Flight II entry added: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...mega_Flight_II

Someone want to do the honours of writing up a brief run down of what we know thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    It probally is Captain America as he isn't part of the Mighty Avengers book coming out in Februrary.
    Hmm, so who's the Captain America leading the New Avengers? Clint Barton?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    ======
    Omega Flight II entry added: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...mega_Flight_II

Someone want to do the honours of writing up a brief run down of what we know thus far.
    First off KM, that would be Omega Flight 3, not nit picking, but given how important this all is to Alpha mythos etc...

As to what we know or think so far,
    Omega Flight will be written by Mike Avon Oeming with art by Scott Kolins. It should come out early 2007 which is what has been speculated upon quite a bit here. Members will probably be
    Guardian
    Captain America
    Beta Ray Bill
    Spider Woman 2
    Talisman.

The first arc will be 5 or 6 issues long then a stand alone so newcomers can come aboard then another multi issue arc probably five issues long.

That's about all I know.
    Del

Hmm, so who's the Captain America leading the New Avengers? Clint Barton?
    Mrs.Marvel. The team consists of Black Widow, Wonderman (depowered), Iron Man, Wasp and Aries

Also was that Julia Carpenter in Omega Flight?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_Works

First off KM, that would be Omega Flight 3, not nit picking, but given how important this all is to Alpha mythos etc...

As to what we know or think so far,
    Omega Flight will be written by Mike Avon Oeming with art by Scott Kolins. It should come out early 2007 which is what has been speculated upon quite a bit here. Members will probably be
    Guardian
    Captain America
    Beta Ray Bill
    Spider Woman 2
    Talisman.

The first arc will be 5 or 6 issues long then a stand alone so newcomers can come aboard then another multi issue arc probably five issues long.

That's about all I know.
    I know, but Ben instructed me to put Omega Flight II into the Omega Flight page

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Omega_Flight

edit: Oh hell I will seperate them myself.

edit: Fixed- http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...ega_Flight_III, but someone has to edit the Omega Flight entry to "Omega Flight I"