Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega

Default Alpha/Omega

Discuss

"Are you accepting submissions of ideas for a new Alpha Flight?" he asked. Cebulski reluctantly agreed to hear his idea for a new Alpha Flight.

Bendis announced that he would change the name of the Canadian superhero team to Omega Flight, and he'd have Michael Avon Oeming write it with Scott Kolins on art.

Cebulski approved the idea right then, and announced that in 2007, the team of Oeming and Kolins, who were seen together most recently on Thor: Blood Oath, would be reuniting on an ongoing Omega Flight comic.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Here's a link to a sample of Kolins art. Pretty good, I think we were spoiled with the art in v3.. but then I think of the writting and that thought passes.

http://www.thepunisher.com/past_news..._team-up_1.jpg

Does "Omega" sound cooler then "Alpha"? Will the villains ban together to protect Canada like the Thunderbolts did? Anyone read anything by Oeming?

I'm just happy they announced SOMETHING!

Scott Kolins Forum

Michael Avon Oeming Forum

Oeming is a name I'm familiar with, mainly for his work on Powers.
    Another link.

I'm just glad we are getting something. What? Well prolly only Ben from here will know, but it's something none the less.

Interview with Kolins and Oeming re Omega Flight

Check the pic at the bottom.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hey guys! You have an amazing board here. The first place I come for research!

Anyway, I hope you guys are on board for the ride. Here's some more details.

Mike Avon Oeming

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...3113681308.htm

Welcome Mike (okay to call you Mike? ) You beat me to the punch re the interview. Still welcome to the forum and thanks for dropping in, it is appreciated.
    Del

before i even read any of those links, i can't even begin to tell you how pumped i am to have a quality writer like mike on board.

does it say anywhere in there how many of the original flight will be involved?

thank god!

guardian is on the team. looks like beta-ray bill and usagent as well, which kinda seems like the hand me downs of the originals.

unless, that is capt. america, which i highly doubt.

I take it your referring to this the image posted by Varo.
    As for who is who, I get Guardian, Cap, Thor, Spider-Woman 2 (The one from Force Works) and the other I have no idea.

Edited to take into account Varo's post, So not Thor (good point as he would seem to be on Starks side), but I still reckon Cap.
    Del

i think it may be aurora with a extreme makeover.

either that or storm.

OMG...I'm so exited, and could it be Talisman?

Talisman is a possibility, good eye KM.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    before i even read any of those links, i can't even begin to tell you how pumped i am to have a quality writer like mike on board.

does it say anywhere in there how many of the original flight will be involved?
    Hey Varo, thanks! I cant say much about the book yet, but because this board has been so vigilant, I will promise you guys that while this book goes in its own direction and is not attempting to relive Flight of the past, the orginial Flight will be hugely respected and often become a part of the series in one way or another.

I'll be by all the time doing more research, and I'll ask questions from time to time.

The one thing I'll ask of the board (because you ARE hard core fans) is to allow the first 3 issues or so time to sink in, establish its own thing. I typically layout questions for the reader to ask, I never lay it all out at once or spoon feed the reader in any way. im all about listening to the readers, YOU are who these books are for after all.

Anwyhoo, Im way excited, Scott Kollins and the editor are HUGE old school fans, so you guys have a voice on the book for sure!

M!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Talisman is a possibility, good eye KM.
    I'm thinking it is, as her forehead seems to be glowing and I guess only Guardian survived?...OH MAN I'M SO Still STOKED!

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    Hey Varo, thanks! I cant say much about the book yet, but because this board has been so vigilant, I will promise you guys that while this book goes in its own direction and is not attempting to relive Flight of the past, the orginial Flight will be hugely respected and often become a part of the series in one way or another.

I'll be by all the time doing more research, and I'll ask questions from time to time.

Anwyhoo, Im way excited, Scott Kollins and the editor are HUGE old school fans, so you guys have a voice on the book for sure!

M!
    Well if you respect the ALpha Flight of old that is all we can still only really ask

Well gotta reccomend you visit the Alphanex, the best sourse of Alpha Flight information

That's great to hear, and I'm very pleased you will be having a part in this book. It shows a great deal of class you would even sign up and post here.

I'm looking forward to this with great optimism.

KM there's a larger copy of that pic at JinxWorld, and that really does look a lot like Talismans Coronet centre piece.

As to Mike Oemings request, I'm more than willing to give the book a few issues to establish itself. With someone of his reputation writing, we can't really go wrong on this.
    Del