Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Men #190

Maybe someday they'll explain how power can get boosted. How can you overcome your own biology and DNA so easily all of a sudden. Funny thing is, looks like Cable blew Northstar's brains out, but he certanly treats him as if he's still alive. Second Zombification? Aurora was knocked out by her own psyche falling apart so she won't be undead, too. In limbo? Of the 40+ Alpha Flight characters, most have been in limbo for over a decade.

Luckily, I'm more an AF fan than just one character (it helps that they made Box a wimp and ignored Witchfire/Feedback forever ), same as I am with most things, teams over the one. Not that I don't want Box in Omega Flight .

Will Northstar and Aurora be dealt with by Carey? In 191? I really doubt it. For some reason I think they'll be in limbo for at least a few months. Really hard to say for sure.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Someone needs to do an Alpha update, list all members and current status. Would that include the two Sas's, Two Guardian/Vindicators, Northstars etc, it would be bloody confusing and would need nerves of steel
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Death is a state of mind, Drake...

Yea, how one can alter the DNA sequence that quickly also baffles me. The only way I can reason Northstar and Aurora's DNA would revert is if The Children used artificial magnification (nanotechnology?) of the twins' already existing genetic expression. How does that work? I don't know, but it's a thought that might allow them to return to normal over time.

In response to the guy who thought Northstar's head got blown open by Cable...I think it was just a psychic bind of some sort. Basically just shut his mind down telepathically and temporarily. Actually, I may be answering this from a post from another thread, but oh well.

On the note of upcoming issues, I've heard from other sites that Northstar and Aurora's cameo will be wrapped up in X-Men #191 but unfortunately it won't be much. There's worry of the characters going into "limbo." I personally think Emma Frost might try to play a hand and fix their "minds of shattered glass," in her words. The fact that Northstar recognized Anole and expressed at least some concern for his student's well-being bids something of a conscience still alive at some level. Seriously, though, what's with all the picking on Northstar? The character died three times in one month a while back, and now he's a brainwashed villain...again? Come on. He's one of the most cynical, haughty, erudite, and downright awesome characters on the X-Men roster. There isn't anyone else quite like him. Sheesh, I might as well say it...and he's gay! His animosity cuts through the X-Men soap opera like a knife. It makes for fantastic dialogue and character rifts.

If the he's taken out of the core x-books, Anole might take Northstar's place as the token gay superhero (even if he's overly kind). He's been getting more and more storyspace in both New X-Men and X-Men and has a growing fan base. I'd be very sorry to see Northstar get cut out, though. Hopefully Marvel has something good up their sleeve that doesn't involve any more death or brainwashing. Wait, no, that's all their stories ever amount to. 'sigh' Pray, friends, for our twin speedsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Funny thing is, looks like Cable blew Northstar's brains out, but he certanly treats him as if he's still alive. Second Zombification? Aurora was knocked out by her own psyche falling apart so she won't be undead, too.
    I read it as Cable telepathically/telekinetically knocking JP unconcious, and Iceman knocking JM out and freezing her up as he reverted back from steam.
    And it was never her psyche falling apart, just Mystique taking on her appearance to confuse her.

Ditto, Phil. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm Northstar's clone in looks and personality. It weirds me out, and I'm even a fan.

I figure quick changes to powers is more logical with the twins, as they do have history of sharing and swapping powers.

And, at least one of the twins has had the capacity for lightspeed, hindered only by gravity and friction. My interpretation was that the recent boost had more to do with their protective auras becoming stronger, allowing them faster movement and more friction resistance.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    If they were not capable of doing this before, they aren't going to be capaple now, especially Zombie Northstar.
    This I have to strongly disagree with.
    An athlete might not be able to run a certain distance in "X" amount of time. But with enough training and experience, they can probably do it and continue to beat their own times.

I believe "amping" up characters (to some degree) is a natural progression of them being able to use their powers. And it's been done before where Prof X (or some other telepath) "unlocks" their potential within their mind. Sort of like when Emma Frost possessed Ice Man and was doing things he could not do (or did not know he COULD do). Once he realized he placed limits on himself and removed those - he was suddenly capable of doing much more than just being a walking snowman with an icy bridge to ride around on.

I liked seeing the Twins together again. It was also good to see that the good Northstar is still there somewhere...There is some hope for these characters yet...

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I liked seeing the Twins together again. It was also good to see that the good Northstar is still there somewhere...There is some hope for these characters yet...

Dana
    I'm glad somebody else caught that. JP's fighting to get free. Awesome.

Wasn't this actually the first time the twins have been together since the end of Volume 1?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Wasn't this actually the first time the twins have been together since the end of Volume 1?
    No, they made a brief appearance together with Puck in X-Factor in a storyline involving Wild Child.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    No, they made a brief appearance together with Puck in X-Factor in a storyline involving Wild Child.
    A bad story that just didn't seem to fit anywhere in continuity...

Do you mean the end of Vol. 2? They were together then...When Mac regrouped the original Alpha Flight to fight against the "new" Alpha Flight (Mac II, Heather, Murmur, Flex and Radius)...Then the two teams fought Weapon X III.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    A bad story that just didn't seem to fit anywhere in continuity...
    No kidding. Ugh.