Thread: Tanaraq Comparison:

Default Tanaraq Comparison:

616:
    http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Tanaraq

Exiles:
    http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...q_%28Exiles%29

Would you say 616 Tanaraq is just as powerful as Exiles Tanaraq? he hasn't had any showings whats so ever, but is it possible? It annoyed me while Snowbird transformed into Tanaraq she was briefly overpowered by Hulk...that an indication he's nothing to this variation?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The different versions/visions of Tanaraq

Man, that brief fight between Snowbird/Sasquatch and The Hulk in # 29 really, really pissed me off. Not only is Snowbird tough in her own right, becoming Sasquatch (with the possibility of being subsumed by Tanaraq) means---if the creators' had really been paying attention to what had been established---that this fight should have been one of the most brutal in Marvel history.

Either a lack of space to do a decent fight scene, or a lack of respect for the AF characters, or trying to get rid of the original members could've caused this gross misrepresentation.

But to the thread itself...I think that the Tanaraq of issue # 23 and the Tanaraq in Exiles are pretty evenly matched. FULL DISCLOSURE: I didn't like the implication of Tanaraq being an imposter at the end of the Exiles story, but everything else showed this is one mean customer.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: The different versions/visions of Tanaraq

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    FULL DISCLOSURE: I didn't like the implication of Tanaraq being an imposter at the end of the Exiles story, but everything else showed this is one mean customer.
    Imposter, what do you mean?

Default Re: The different versions/visions of Tanaraq

I didn't like the implication of Tanaraq being an imposter at the end of the Exiles story, but everything else showed this is one mean customer.
    I am curious as to what you mean also. I didn't pick up on any implications of him being an imposter either.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The entries were both based on the same Tanaraq... At least, our Sas has never faced Zarathos. Or Kulan Gath.

Who wrote the entries?

- Le Messor
    "All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things in common. They explain all the observed facts and they are complete and utterly WRONG."
    - Terry Pratchet, The Light Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Who wrote the entries?

- Le Messor
    "All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things in common. They explain all the observed facts and they are complete and utterly WRONG."
    - Terry Pratchet, The Light Fantastic
    Me

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Exiles# 58

Quote Originally Posted by reaperbot
    I didn't like the implication of Tanaraq being an imposter at the end of the Exiles story, but everything else showed this is one mean customer.
    I am curious as to what you mean also. I didn't pick up on any implications of him being an imposter either.
    In Exiles# 58, second-to-last page, 4th panel, in the dimension Shaman sent Tanaraq, a shadowed clawed hand with the dialog balloon says, "I am Tanaraq, imposter. Welcome to your doom. Did you think we'd sit idly by while you tried to take our place?"

I could have lived without the "imposter" bit. Why not a manifestation of Tanaraq instead, like Tundra in V1# 1 was a manifestation of the real Tundra? Maybe I'm being too picky, since I still like the Exiles story, even two+ years later....and it leaves an interesting plot/story possiblity.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Tanaraq of that reality made the comment, as he felt the Tanaraq of the other reality was moving in. I don't take the imposter comment to literal, as what this series has shown there are even alternate realities Odin's, Galactus', etc. there isn't one true character for the multi-verse. Tanaraq is Tanaraq from another reality, but they are still both Tanaraq

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm not sure that you can really call these two a 'comparison' since they're both based on the Exiles Tanaraq.

I admit, parallel universes should work such that you can use it for both, but the way they're written, they usually don't.

(616 never faced Kulan Gath, and the 'power like winter' whatever quote wasn't his.)

- Le Messor
    "And here, poor fool, with all my lore I stand no wiser than before."
    - Johann W. von Goethe