Thread: Toronto Con

Default Toronto Con

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
    Hey Mungi, just in case you haven't heard, in the new edition of the Bendis Tapes (http://www.wordballoon.com/), Bendis mentions that there'll be an announcement at the upcoming Toronto con about a book that "...that has a special place for Canadians. It's a special announcement just for canadian comic book fans." A book he won't be writing by the way.

So yeah... Sounds like Alpha Flight to me...

Sounds like good news may be really on the way, finally!

And he specifically said that the announcement was about a book, not left open to who died in NA #16, or if there's an AF, or Canadian Comic pricing!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

i really can't imagine this being anything other than a new af involved book.

is that this week?

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i really can't imagine this being anything other than a new af involved book.

is that this week?
    This coming weekend Varo, September 1st thru 3rd.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    sweet.

anyone going?
    I can't, I'm working every one of those days.

I can't, because of the restraining orders...

I'm curious who will say first on the new AF book, Marvel at the Toronto con or Ben?

MM

I'm edging my bets here and saying Marvel at Toronto Con. Ben's pretty busy at present.

If not Marvel, then Colonel Mustard in the comic shop with a TPB.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't think Ben can say anything until Marvel does.

Live it.

CUP OF CEBULSKI MINUS THE JOE WITH SPECIAL GUESTS - SEMINAR ROOM 5PM SATURDAY
    Marvel mania with C.B. Cebulski. SPOILER ALERT: Brian Michael Bendis makes a huge announcement!!

So I guess we find out something at 5 pm EST on Saturday, the 2nd. Letr's hope it's good, if not great.

And I've got a feeling that Coipel's the artist...

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Two days ago, I met with a guy who'd just come back from America. He'd been to Toronto, so I asked if he'd gone to this con.

He hadn't.

I was disappointed in him.

- Le Messor
    "Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble."
    - Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Two days ago, I met with a guy who'd just come back from America. He'd been to Toronto, so I asked if he'd gone to this con.

He hadn't.

I was disappointed in him.
    I too have known that sort of heartache. If at any time you feel ready to talk about this, you know where I am
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!