Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Alliance

Default Ultimate Alliance

I'm not normally one for Marvel Games on the PC, but Ultimate Alliance looks like it could be fun.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

A few lip morph problems on Thor, but great animation otherwise. I've been looking forward to this game for a while. I really like X-Men Legends II so I'll probably buy this one.

is it like Everquest/ Hall of Heroes or a regular game

I got this game in from gamefly last week and have been rocking it with
    US Agent, Beta Ray Bill, Spiderwoman, and I threw in Dr. Strange for the Talisman slot.

It's pretty cool so far although I don't see Mysterio whooping the teams ass like he did in my game. That's probably because I stink at these things. I have it on the XBox 360 and it does feature an online co-op mode so if anyone here has the system and wants to hook up to play and talk AF let me know. My gamertag is Reklaw P.

Is there a gamecube version of this game?

Looks good, except for Thor. "Ultimate Thor" is a lousy re-design.

They took away everything that was cool about the classic Thor (spinning Mjolnir, red cape, winged helm), kept everything that was wrong (blonde hair, those six useless dots), still forgot to add his metal gauntlets, and who's responsible for that silly hammer/axe?

I love the Thor concept. I hate Marvel's execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    Is there a gamecube version of this game?
    Nup, but it's out for the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch

They took away everything that was cool about the classic Thor (spinning Mjolnir, red cape, winged helm), kept everything that was wrong (blonde hair, those six useless dots), still forgot to add his metal gauntlets, and who's responsible for that silly hammer/axe?

I love the Thor concept. I hate Marvel's execution.
    Apparently in the new Thor title, they will be switching to more culture-based costumes, a la the Riders of Rohan in the LotR.

Oh, and interestingly enough, history is responsible for the hammer-axe. In the late Scandinavian Stone Age, the doubelheaded stone axe was the preeminent weapon of war, and also had strong religious associations. It was even worn around the neck, presumably as a protective charm, even as Thor's hammer would be in later times.

Some believe that the doubelheaded stone axe was the precursor of the hammer, and was how Thor's hammer was originally perceived. Me, I attribute the Axe as the original weapon of TyR, whom, according to Indo-European comparison, was the original wielder of the "thunder", but agree that the stone axer morphed into the hammer over time.

So then nobody has it for the 360 I take it. Online coop is a blast. I've was running a psuedo Omega Flight on there with BRB, US Agent, Spiderwoman, and Iron Man in the way of Guardian but I ended up replacing him with Dr. Strange and going the mystical route.

Defintely worth a rent.

got it for 360. love it. had the same quasi-omega team going (brb, arachne, usagent, doc strange)

I've got it for the 360 too. It's a great game. I did the same team with OF for a bit as well.

I have it for the PSP. My OF team has Wolvie in instead of Strange. Wolvie is just boss in the game, his regen is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    So switch skins.

My team fields either Beta Ray BIll or "Classic" Thor.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Wish i found this thread earlier. I to have it for X-Box 360. I usually use a 3 man team of USAgent, Beta Ray Bill, and Arachne. If anyone wants to hook up and play on line now and again im always down. Post on here and lets try and get a game goin...My usual days off are Thursday and Friday and I play alot after work around 9:30pm Eastern. My tag is Dfense75. BTW the DLC should be ready before May 22nd. Ill post here if I here an exact date for it.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

when i get money i'll pick it up.. but i'm lookign to buy a huge comic lot on ebay right now that is $80.. so I don't have the money at this moment