Poll: Should Alpha Flight (upon it's eventual return) go back to it's original numbering?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Original numbering?

Default Original numbering?

If you add the regular monthly issues of AF (vol.1-3) they stand at 162.

I wouldn't mind if the series returned with (vol.4)'s first issue #163 but I doubt that will be the case. A more likely possibility is that if the series makes it past it's 12th issue make the 13th issue #175 and go from there.

Any thoughts about the series numbering? Or they could just go the She-Hulk route and simply acknowledge milestones (like #100) without the renumbering?

I would go with restarting the numbering, having any new series as vol 4 #1 etc. If they were going to continue with numbering I would have them start with #151 total distancing the real team from the debacle that was vol 3.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I think putting a #1 on it makes it easier for a new reader to jump on board. Think about it. Little timmy has scraped together his hard earned grass cutting money and he can either buy issue number 1 of the Insufferable Iguana and start colecting from the start, or he can buy issue 163 of Alpha Flight and have to go back and buy 162 issues of back story. That's a lot of yards to mow!!!! Plus, the speculators out there are much more likely to buy it if it has a #1 on it.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Not enough options, really.

"No/never"?

I'm not a strict continuity-advocate. Space/time-traveling resurrected cyborg Mac is one reason. The Mantlo fiasco is another. I hope Marvel doesn't continue with the first, second, or third volumes. If the fourth volume makes it on its own, fine.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

start over. I dont even recognize vol3-I like the characters but the arc sucked

Del said: 'distancing the real team from the debacle that was vol 3.'

And volume 2! It was a promising start, but really, a 'pseudo' micronauts arc and a dissappointing Brass Bishop tale. I liked Duncan Rouleau's(?) art though.

I wouldn't mind if they numbered books in two obvious ways, one for the overall title and one for the "series." So we may be in Volume 3 #12 but overall #162 or whatever. Since Marvel seems to be moving towards "seasons" of books like Young Avengers or Runaways it makes sense to do it that way to me.

Then if a book has a big relaunch they can just make it #1 of the next volume or "season," but not the series. I hate mid-series re-launches.