Thread: The Official Congratulations To Ben Thread

Default The Official Congratulations To Ben Thread

If my time zone calculashuns are up to scratch the deed should be well and truly done by now.

I'm guessing that Ben won't get to read this for a while but here's hoping that everything went off without a hitch, and here's to the both of you.

*raises drink*

Chin chin Santé, whaterver

be happy
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

All the best, and darn that Phil for beating me to it! Congratulations to you and the new Mrs. Wells, or so I guess

Have a long and happy life together!!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Congrats Ben! Here's to many happy years together!

Gongratulations Ben...I hope you have many happy years together.

Best,

Dana

Congratulations Ben from all the clan.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: The Official Congratulations To Ben Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I'm guessing that Ben won't get to read this for a while but here's hoping that everything went off without a hitch, and here's to the both of you.

*raises drink*
    Well at least one hitch happened...

Congrats Ben. Best of the future to you and the Mrs. and the little one.

Shawn

Congratulations Ben! Have a great life together.

Ben - from all the way on the other side of the world - my Congratulations. Someone in Canada should print this out and bung it on a card, and mail it to the happy couple in PEI. Hopefully there will be photos from the happy day here soon!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: The Official Congratulations To Ben Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    here's hoping that everything went off without a hitch
    Well at least one hitch happened...
    That's what I wanted to say!

Congrats!

- Mik
    "Affirmative Action is mediocrity's answer to Darwin."

Thank you all so much. It was all perfect. The weather forecast was for thunder showers all day. Early morning things looked grim, it was wet and cloudy. By the time everyone assembled at my folks place the weather was better, but looked like it could turn at any moment, so we were ready to move the wedding inside. 30 minutes before the ceremony, the sky cleared and the sun came out! We got married by my folks' gazebo by their pond in the country. 10 minutes later it rained a bit (for good luck) and cleared again. Sam (my wife) and I stole away together for a while, eventually making our way to the pub for the reception. So many people we care about came out, it was great. PEI's best band played for us, and some other friends played songs written for the occasion. It was all perfect.

The one story to tell is that just before the ceremony was to begin the minister was coming outside and didn't notice the screen door to the deck. She waked strait into it, rippin it out of it's runners, and face planting on the deck...ooops!

Ben

Glad to hear all went well, Ben. If everything goes swimmingly I always think that's bad, it makes the wedding less noteworthy. You need high winds, the priest stepping on the bride's dress and ripping it, somebody forgetting the wedding ring(s), rain during pictures, something to make it unique. We sure had a few 'unique' moments.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.