Thread: Just finished the 'All New, All Different Alpha Flight'

Default Just finished the 'All New, All Different Alpha Flight'

I had to come here and let me apologize first to anyone who enjoyed this series or if I am going to offend anyone, but I just had to come here and discuss how utterly disapointed I was reading this series.

After just finishing Alpha Flight 1 - 100 I switched over to the new Alpha Flight just for a change of pace. HUGE mistake. This was hands down the worst storyline, narration and concept ever. It was painful to read and all the smart mouthed chippy narration made me want to throw up in my mouth.

Once again I'm sorry, I just had to vent to the community about how bad this comic book series was.

some of us dont even recognize that series existence. Finish vol1 though I think he started going down around that
    Vol 2 is good. If you like XFiles and 24 you are going to love it like I did.

No problem, evenflow. I liked the characters in v3 and the plot ideas, even the art, but the writing et al was terrible. I liked v2 for the most part, too bad it didn't last. Seagle was doing fine. Dumb Marvel.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Evenflow, I'm with you 100%, vol 3 is utter pants IMHO.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

There were some cool looking characters that had potential. Yukon Jack especially if they didn't make him sound like such a pompus dork, verily? I mean come on! And don't even get me started on Major Mapleleaf...

I got the trades of v3 as a birthday gift. I hadn't read Alpha Flight since around 114 or so (when I stopped getting comics) except for one issue of v2 (#2).

It was something but it wasn't Alpha Flight. Didn't like Puck 2, but did like Maple Leaf. Yukon was annoying. It just didn't work as a humor book the way Byrne's "Sensational She-Hulk" did.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I love the X-Files, and hate v2 with a passion.

v3 wasn't great, but there's been worse things done in the name of Alpha Flight. I think most of us on this list share your disappointment, at the very least.

And yet, so many people are excited about the prospect of yet another volume. Go figure.

- Le Messor
    "Access to power must be confined to those who are not in love with it."
    - Plato