Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight movie ideas

Default Alpha Flight movie ideas

Hi, I'm new to this board and new to Alpha Flight. I'm also an aspiring canadian filmmaker and I think Canada needs a good superhero movie to 'represent'.

Any ideas on what would be essential in a good Alpha Flight movie? Would it have to be an origin story?

Default Re: Alpha Flight movie ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Lolofilm
    Hi, I'm new to this board and new to Alpha Flight. I'm also an aspiring canadian filmmaker and I think Canada needs a good superhero movie to 'represent'.

Any ideas on what would be essential in a good Alpha Flight movie? Would it have to be an origin story?
    Mac as Guardian, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird and the twins for sure. Heather should be there, but not as a member of the team. Puck would be great, but I don't know if a suitable actor could be found or if he could be CG'd well enough.

Maybe the members of Omega Flight could be the bad guys which would help tell the origins of AF?

1st movie should deal with the Master and a possible Plodex invasion, and prior to the climax have the introduction of the Wendigo as a "training" session of sorts

Omega Flight isn't big enough threat to set the right tone for a series.

I remember from the last discussion we had about actors and stand by Peter Dirkledge as Puck http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    I remember from the last discussion we had about actors and stand by Peter Dirkledge as Puck http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/
    That's....actually a good pick

I also agree with King Mungi, You really need a strong Villian and anything to get the Master back in the light is good, that and I don't think it would work for a movie going audience to see the Guardian die in there introductory film. Since the Master was plugged into the Plodex ship have him try to call in the Plodex as his own army to take over the world.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

I think the Great Beast are out of the question and Dream Queen is more like a part 2 villain. I think Jerry Jaxon would be okay cuz he worked for Roxxon but the Master would definitely be the best

Start off with Northstar skiing at an event then when he wins you can pan over to the Hudsons(they wouldnt know each other yet at the beginning)
    I say bobble around Mac and Heather at the beginning with Mac having some flashbacks of WOlverine cuz everyone will know who he is "dreaming" of. Events happen (it would be cool IMO if they actually showed a clip of the FF movie in this AF movie to show the inspiration for Mac and the team but then as Mac watches TV reporters would talk about a "Sasquatch sighting)

Have a huge car accident to find Aurora (since finding Hugh Jackman to do her real finding would be hard) Mac approaches with Northstar after they talked and when they shake hands, the light of the twins

After that it would flash some years later with the team already made.(Now with Shaman, Snowbird and Puck on the team)

Now we could bring in the Master with some plot to take over the world. Maybe Department H gets intel that some secret chemicals are being stolen and that is were we would bring in Gary Cody (though I dispise the man and I think Gentry would be cooler view cuz he still is in the book and when people see Gentry they would say, "Hey, he was in the movie) This would be a great spot to have in backrounds of some robot laying ammo into something (Jeffries) some indestructable girl (Lil) and some savage looking guy (Gibney)
    Master can do something and now AF and him would have to fight.

another villain idea could be some Canadian delegates on a plane and then it gets hijacked by AIM
    CGI could create Modok
    just a thought for a movie villain

Hey...Im going to run with that AIM idea in my fanfic. Wew, not a bad fill in ish cuz AIM usually doesnt last that long anyways.

Back on the movie-what do you think Stan Lee would plau since he is in all of them.

a mountie at Horseshoe falls
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

or a tourist
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    1st movie should deal with the Master and a possible Plodex invasion, and prior to the climax have the introduction of the Wendigo as a "training" session of sorts

Too much time would be taken up telling all the backstories of AF and the Master and the Plodex though. The Master would make for a great sequel, which could be used to introduce Marrina, but for the first movie the story needs to focus on AF and Department H. And what makes Omega Flight dangerous is that they know everything about our heroes, including where they live and who their loved ones are.

they could always do a Bedlam 1st movie or run with the AIM idea

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi

Too much time would be taken up telling all the backstories of AF and the Master and the Plodex though. The Master would make for a great sequel, which could be used to introduce Marrina, but for the first movie the story needs to focus on AF and Department H. And what makes Omega Flight dangerous is that they know everything about our heroes, including where they live and who their loved ones are.
    Naaaaa....they can always show flashbacks during the actual story as many movies before have done the same thing. Also you don't want to bore people with the backstory so you want to keep it short and sweet and talk more in the sequel. Omega Flight isn't a major threat, and killing Mac right away would be a mistake.